FIFA 15 Pre-Order or Not?

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do I preorder FIFA 15 for the Xbox 360 now or wait near the release date?

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Are there any pre order bonuses anywhere ?

Are you definitely going to buy this, no matter what ?

Why can't you just wait until closer to the release date ?
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Are there any pre order bonuses anywhere ?

Are you definitely going to buy this, no matter what ?

Why can't you just wait until closer to the release date ?

There's 2 versions.

Standard Edition.

This edition has nothing, so for those that do not the ultimate team mode,

Ultimate Edition

This edition, if pre ordered, will contain the following:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/buy/UK

Yes, I am going to buy this , no matter what.

I was thinking preorder closer to the release date, because that is exactly what I did with FIFA 14 Collectors Edition.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete dual post
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ultimate edition's packs are normally released weekly, like a pack a week. My friends hated it. The value of pack's drop dramatically after a few weeks. It may have been 2 packs a week though.
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    There's 2 versions.

Standard Edition.

This edition has nothing, so for those that do not the ultimate team mode,

Ultimate Edition

This edition, if pre ordered, will contain the following:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/buy/UK

Yes, I am going to buy this , no matter what.

I was thinking preorder closer to the release date, because that is exactly what I did with FIFA 14 Collectors Edition.

Oh I know there's two editions but I meant does anywhere offer a pre order bonus? Like Amazon might have special dlc if you pre order with them. But it's not really applicable to FIFA.

If you're 100% going to buy it then you might as well pre order it. See where's cheapest and find out who might deliver early and then you don't have to think about it again until it comes through your postbox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I know there's two editions but I meant does anywhere offer a pre order bonus? Like Amazon might have special dlc if you pre order with them. But it's not really applicable to FIFA.

If you're 100% going to buy it then you might as well pre order it. See where's cheapest and find out who might deliver early and then you don't have to think about it again until it comes through your postbox.

This is what I've found:

If FIFA 15 Standard Edition is preordered at GAME, then the following will be included.

(Bear in mind that this is only at GAME).

Adidas All Stars Team.

Adidas Predator Boot Collection.

Celebrations.

If preordered at Amazon, then you only get the following:

Historic Kits DLC.

I don't play Ultimate Team Mode because it sucks to high heaven.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate all this. Order here get this. Order this platform get extra missions/dlc or time limited dlc etc. Just gimmie the f...... game I paid for and all of it.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Really not sure if i want to get this as a digital download from the PS4 Store.

I replace every FIFA every year with the newest one, and buy the time i go to trade last years version in, its worth hardly anything.

Hmmmm.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I hate all this. Order here get this. Order this platform get extra missions/dlc or time limited dlc etc. Just gimmie the f...... game I paid for and all of it.

This, 1000%, this.
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    This is what I've found:

If FIFA 15 Standard Edition is preordered at GAME, then the following will be included.

(Bear in mind that this is only at GAME).

Adidas All Stars Team.

Adidas Predator Boot Collection.

Celebrations.

If preordered at Amazon, then you only get the following:

Historic Kits DLC.

I don't play Ultimate Team Mode because it sucks to high heaven.

Agreed. I don't play ultimate team either. Trying to line up cards with people of the same nationality and clubs. This is a football game not Professor Layton.

And them preorder bonuses don't wow me, but I'd be more inclined to go with the adidas one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as the "40 packs" edition, it's one pack over 40 weeks, so that isn't really worth it in my books.

I'm hoping there is a bundle offer for when I get my PS4.
    Forum Member
    For the people who buy Fifa :

Do you play and invest money into the FUT mode?

The reason I ask is because the Fifa 15 FUT edition is no 1 in games at the minute with the regular one in 2nd place. There's clearly a good market for this game mode.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the people who buy Fifa :

Do you play and invest money into the FUT mode?

The reason I ask is because the Fifa 15 FUT edition is no 1 in games at the minute with the regular one in 2nd place. There's clearly a good market for this game mode.

I tried about UT in 14 or 13, once the novelty of a different game mode wore off I got bored pretty quick. The auction house is pretty addictive similar to how eBay can be.

There's nothing wrong with idea of it, but I think its ruined by micro transactions, I can imagine it would be pretty annoying to put alot of hours in to build up a decent team to come up against little Jimmy who has nicked his mums credit card to fund a team full of Ronaldo, Bale etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why would you pre order when you can get it in supermarket cheaper
  • v0idv0id Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're into all tha Ultimate team stuff, just play the Fifa World beta on PC fr free. With an Xbox 360 gamepad it's just like playing on the Xbox itself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GAME are doing a FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Pre-Order Pack.

It comes with the game and if you pre-order it, like I have, you'll get a ball and a T-Shirt that says on the front (It's In The Game).

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=299818&articleId=299819&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_re=home-_-takeover-_-FIFA15UEPreorderpack#tablink_SPedition

Bring on 26th September.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £62.99 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 version, £67.99 for the Xbox One and PS4 version.

Are they having a laugh.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Ultimate Team, it's cynically engineered to be addictive as possible and to draw as much money out of the player as possible.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bought a FIFA since 12, so going to give this one a bash. Ordered the PS4 ultimate team version from Amazon for 47, so I have a chance to change my mind at least. I was trying to stay digital this gen, but the same version on the PSN store is 70 quid! I would love to know how many people actually pay that much.
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting to see how much it will be on the US psn store.

Tho I don't think going digital for FIFA is the best idea. If I but it off the psn store I won't be able to trade it in for 20 cent later on down the line.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me, or does FIFA seem to be released earlier and earlier each year? I remember back in the early PS2 era it came out in late October, then when the PS3 era began, it was early October. Now FIFA has a September release date.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I quite like ultimate team. Not because of the collecting element, but because i get more gratification out of destroying teams that have obviously been bought with real money with my free silver teams.

The way that the scripting works in Fifa makes team selection a small factor anyway. Iv'e been destroyed many times before with much lesser teams when my high rated team hasn't been able to string two passes together.

I'll probably be picking up Fifa on the first week of release. A large group of my real life friends are all football mad, and our party chats on the Xbox are often Fifa talk, so it would be rude to be left out.:blush:
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    . The value of pack's drop dramatically after a few weeks.

This is my main problem with UT. If you're late to the party then you struggle to make any sort of team due to players and disposable cards dropping in price dramatically. Iv'e always thought that EA should help stop this by giving higher rated players a much bigger 'quick sell' value and by putting in much bigger coin bonuses in packs as time goes on. This would actually make opening packs more appealing and would probably earn more money for them.

80+ rated players should have a quick sell of 1k+ for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £62.99 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 version, £67.99 for the Xbox One and PS4 version.

Are they having a laugh.

I don't see what you're complaining for anyway.

Let me ask you the following:

Would you pre-order a game, pay a deposit and pay the reduced price or would you pay the full price, without pre-ordering?

Because I paid a deposit of £10 for the FIFA 15 pre-order pack, so those that didn't pre-order the game will be paying £62.99/£67.99, those that did, like me, will be paying less.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I can bring myself to buy another FIFA game. I find single player boring and quickly get fed up of people throwing hissy fits and quitting early. Will have a look at some reviews though and see if it's bringing anything new to the table.