Options

EastEnders 9/9/14 Watch Out Phils About

Comments

• Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pity the writers haven't allowed Mick and Linda to settle in a lot more before they unleashed the infidelity, lying, cheating and sexual shenanigans.

It's Den and Angie stuff all over again.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Great episode I thought, Bianca surprisingly mature over Whitney staying, can't see her reacting the same way to Liam. Brilliant scenes with Sharon and Linda, both will be regretting that on Thursday no doubt, hope it's not foreshadowing Sharon not believing her about Dean raping her. Good scene with Aunt Babe and Stan as well, I really hope the Sylvie storyline heats up soon, I want more than just Babe talking to herself.

I really don't see the joy in coming into threads about a soap you've claimed many times you've stopped watching/no longer like just to make little digs all the time. So pointless.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The idea that Phil feels anything for Shirley is laughable. Tonight he discovered the love of his life (Sharon) has betrayed and rejected him, so he turned to reliable, desperate old Shirley for comfort sex; she will always be hanging around him like a bad smell.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Centaurion wrote: »
    It's a pity the writers haven't allowed Mick and Linda to settle in a lot more before they unleashed the infidelity, lying, cheating and sexual shenanigans.

Really? I thought he's given them a lot of time to settle in.
  • Options
    Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    only up to phil admitting that sharon has been stealing from him - but for someone who was blackmailing him and her son - Shirley's forgiven him pretty quickly :rolleyes:
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell, Phil and Shirley were defo going for it wasn't they, things falling and everything. :o

Luved drunk Linda and Shazza, the were like two school kids, Linda even sulked like one as Shazza left. :D

Les and Pam need more screentime, I really like them.

Nancy :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only up to phil admitting that sharon has been stealing from him - but for someone who was blackmailing him and her son - Shirley's forgiven him pretty quickly :rolleyes:

Shirl is easy full stop, she so obsessed with Philth she forgive him for anything, doormat occupancy will resume shortly.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Yes
    bass55 wrote: »
    The idea that Phil feels anything for Shirley is laughable. Tonight he discovered the love of his life (Sharon) has betrayed and rejected him, so he turned to reliable, desperate old Shirley for comfort sex; she will always be hanging around him like a bad smell.

I think he loves them both, he did go to Shirley first at Christmas and proposed to Sharon originally out of guilt...
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Harlowe wrote: »
    No Thank you, Peter Beale anyday....Philth and Shirley noooooo :o:D

Oh yeah , Peter can remove his top as much as he likes. :blush:
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    I hope Nancy doesn't doubt Linda when Dean attacks her.....

Same. They were definitely laying some groundwork tonight for the rape itself, and as I said earlier in the thread I think that some people will take Sharon's attitude of "It takes two to tango". I just hope wonderful feminist Nancy isn't one of them. I would hate that. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I think he loves them both, he did go to Shirley first at Christmas and proposed to Sharon originally out of guilt...

Didn't you get the impression he was using her though? She was going on about how she wanted to help him, and he thought yeah you can....

And yes he did go to her at christmas and she didn't want to know! Now she's like a lost puppy chasing after its master.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urghhhhh

So, it's happened. Phil and Shirley are now an item. But, you know, it could be worse. Phil's not sleeping with Shirley because he loves her more than Sharon. He's doing it, simply, because he can. Sharon's hurt him. And Shirley's there. As always.

Phil showed all his annoying side tonight. He's got noone to blame but himself for this. Sharon had forgiven him for Dennis, deciding it was time to move on and try to build a life without him. She's going after him now because he hurt her, again, simply because he could. I do find it interesting how they seem to have forgotten that Marcus didn't act alone when he stole the Mitchell Empire. Dirty Den Watts helped. In fact, it was his and Chrissie's idea. It is good, however, to see that Phil's confession back in January has had long lasting repercussions.

Sharon was just awful tonight, and if I'm honest, it was just... wrong. That snotty, snooty way she spoke to Linda could so easily have been Tanya Branning it actually was infuriating. Tanya would have spoken to someone like that in a heart beat. Sharon wouldn't. Once again, a writer who seems to think Tanya and Sharon are one and the same. Yep, it showed that both Sharon and Linda are living a lie. But by God, Sharon telling Nancy that her mother had cheated on her dad with Dean was just plain disgusting. A nice way to make us hate her and want to route for Phil and Shirley. Ah me. So obvious.

Whitney and Lee. Sodding Whitney and Lee. I laughed out loud and how Whitney is scared she'll get hurt, when 9 times out of 10 she's the one doing the hurting. These two are a match made in hell; Whitney is a little skank who can't control herself, and Lee is a lovestruck moron who'll fall in love with the first girl he sees, desperate to emulate his mum and dad's "perfect" relationship. But, that's not what's being painted here. They think it's a lovely, beautiful love story, that we all want to see happen. It's not. There is, literally, nothing to see here. Whitney and/or Lee will cheat, arguments will happen, and that will be it. The only way this will be in any way interesting is if one of them cops it.

Dean intrigues me. He's utterly obsessed with Linda. When he rapes her, I got the impression tonight people may think it's consensual because they're going to think she kissed him before. This storyline has potential to be brilliant. Please don't muck it up.

No Lauren tonight, but don't worry! We've been assured she'll be around for the 30th, by that time extremely heavily pregnant. Yet another baby storyline on the way. Two of the worst things about the show (Lauren and baby plots) stuffed together. Oh, goody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Didn't you get the impression he was using her though? She was going on about how she wanted to help him, and he thought yeah you can....

And yes he did go to her at christmas and she didn't want to know! Now she's like a lost puppy chasing after its master.

I liked the Shirley who turned him down, I hate it when they have her all lame over him!! Dammit Eastenders! Sort it out!

Yeah, I did get the feeling that he was but I do think he cares somewhere...if that makes sense?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be watching later but this all sounds horrible - Sharon back to dumb bitch mode just in time for Australopithecus to get his end away with Shirley.

They both deserve far better than this scumbag - two characters ruined again by TPTB just to make Philth look good.

This is the 'big revenge' storyline?

Yawn.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    That was just awful, I just kept cringing.

I do like Lee and Whitney as a couple though.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Disappointed in Shazza tonight. Hope she supports Linda when she learns of the rape, but it seems like she's going to have a lot on her plate herself..

Shirley - she's as predictable as night following day. She really is a pathetic woman, on what messed up planet does Phil 'deserve better' than a woman whom ended up in a coma because of him, amongst his countless other misdemeanours?!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Same. They were definitely laying some groundwork tonight for the rape itself, and as I said earlier in the thread I think that some people will take Sharon's attitude of "It takes two to tango". I just hope wonderful feminist Nancy isn't one of them. I would hate that. :(

I hope to god they don't do that her kids should be the ones who do believe her, as a daughter regardless of being a daddy's girl would always believe there mother especially when they have the family set up they do, there not from a broken home and Linda's not a bad mother a bit highly strung but she not horrible nor would she lie about rape so for them to doubt her would be soul destroying imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I want feisty Shirley back, please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I liked the Shirley who turned him down, I hate it when they have her all lame over him!! Dammit Eastenders! Sort it out!

Yeah, I did get the feeling that he was but I do think he cares somewhere...if that makes sense?

I see what you mean, he does care about Shirley in a way. He's shown that throughout the year. But while he might care and there is a certain amount of feelings between the characters, Phil is using Shirley, as he knows he can play her like a fiddle. But then he's not very good at treating women properly.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Urghhhhh

So, it's happened. Phil and Shirley are now an item. But, you know, it could be worse. Phil's not sleeping with Shirley because he loves her more than Sharon. He's doing it, simply, because he can. Sharon's hurt him. And Shirley's there. As always.

Sharon was just awful tonight, and if I'm honest, it was just... wrong. That snotty, snooty way she spoke to Linda could so easily have been Tanya Branning it actually was infuriating. Tanya would have spoken to someone like that in a heart beat. Sharon wouldn't. Once again, a writer who seems to think Tanya and Sharon are one and the same. Yep, it showed that both Sharon and Linda are living a lie. But by God, Sharon telling Nancy that her mother had cheated on her dad with Dean was just plain disgusting. A nice way to make us hate her and want to route for Phil and Shirley. Ah me. So obvious.

Whitney and Lee. Sodding Whitney and Lee. I laughed out loud and how Whitney is scared she'll get hurt, when 9 times out of 10 she's the one doing the hurting.

No Lauren tonight, but don't worry! We've been assured she'll be around for the 30th, by that time extremely heavily pregnant. Yet another baby storyline on the way. Two of the worst things about the show (Lauren and baby plots) stuffed together. Oh, goody.

Great post lordo, particularly the parts I've highlighted. Agree with every word.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see what you mean, he does care about Shirley in a way. He's shown that throughout the year. But while he might care and there is a certain about of feelings between the characters, Phil is using Shirley, as he knows he can play her like a fiddle. But then he's not very good at treating women properly.

I respectfully disagree.

The sophisticated wit, the intelligence combined with sparkling repartee, the kindness - not to mention the fact he is a total gentleman.

Oh and the grunts, the wheezing, the farts, the two pushes and forcing his partner to sleep in the wet patch - yep Philth is the perfect lover. :D
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »

Shirley - she's as predictable as night following day. She really is a pathetic woman, on what messed up planet does Phil 'deserve better' than a woman whom ended up in a coma because of him, amongst his countless other misdemeanours?!

I can't believe he is trying with her. You know everything she touches ends in disaster
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

I completely agree, Nancy is a well-balanced, intelligent and nice young woman. It would be such a shame for her to doubt her mother. We will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Sharon and Linda very reminiscent of vintage Pat and Peggy. :D

It was more like having two Peggys on screen.....just dreadful.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Whitney wanted a ring!

I think she really did! I thought she'd look more relived when it was (obviously) only a pair of earrings. FGS, they've only been together a few weeks *roll eyes*
    Of course they are meant to be, He dug for Shirley, soz ML. You know I'm only kidding.

You're naughty :D
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    These Mick and Linda scenes in bed are so cheesy.

Put me right off my fish and chips they did.
    Phil and Shirley nearly had me regurgitating them though lol!
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Wishe Bianca would stop treating Whitney and Liam like kids, she's 21 and he's 16 and if they stay they'd be living with grandma Carol so they're hardly alone

Whitney I totally agree with. Bianca should have had the sense to realise that Whitney has a life in Walford - a job, a boyfriend, friend(s) and a surrogate Granny in Carol so should never have taken it for granted that she'd want to move.

Liam? As a mum I can see why she'd be upset that he doesn't want to move with her (and he is only 16) but he's hardly going to be sitting all alone in a bedsit is he? He'll be with her mum and his sister so he'll be OK and he too will probably want to stay around his mates and stuff at that age. I'm sure after a bit squawking she'll calm down and realise all this but we know what Bianca can be like ....

*puts in earplugs*
    Aww leave Stan alone.

Yeah Aunt Babe - p!ss off you old trout.
    Next time you give my Stan bother you'll have me to deal with >:(
    antero wrote: »
    Alfie has £16. Buys flowers. Jesus wept.

And he wonders why he's got financial problems *roll eyes*

Kat should have whacked him over the head with it.
    It's been a while since Phil smashed something, I was getting worried about him :p

He only smashes stuff when he's seriously p!ssed off and/or upset.
    Sharon doing this to him has REALLY got to him :cool:
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Why is Shirley always just "there". What does she even do all day except hang around alleyways and stick her nose into people's business.

She seems to have taken over from Ava as the square's resident 'wanderer' doesn't she? Except in Shirley's case she over hears conversations at just the right moment and no one tells her to eff off and mind her own business when she interrogates .... sorry ... asks totally reasonable questions in a polite, smiley and friendly manner.
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Pot kettle black shirley

Now hey! She didn't steal from Phil, she chose good, honest blackmail :p
    lola_skye wrote: »
    The last supper aka mckunkeys

So they're never going to visit Granny Carol again then? Ever?
    Why is shirley screeching in Phil's ear

Now she lags on Ben

She just enjoys what little power she does get

BIB: And dropping Jay right in it in the process. Phil's probably going to unleash a sh!t storm on him now thanks to Shirley's flappy jaw and desperate need to get into Phil's good books herself.
    Sharon and Linda very reminiscent of vintage Pat and Peggy. :D

Undoubtedly! :D I think so. I thought they were brilliant, totally hilarious!
    Definitely more like 'frenemies' when they've had a drink and get all competitive about who's got the best life!
    Bloody hell Shar

Oh God Sharon. Very disappointed in her for that. Another one with a flappy jaw!
    ........and Shirley loves Phil again

Well I'm not surprised he succumbed. She was practically lying down, covering herself in salt and vinegar and saying 'eat me!'.

The trouble is she's NEVER stopped loving him, even after all that's happened.
    Ewwwww!
    Ewwww :blush:
    Ewww.

ROFL!!!!
    chuffster wrote: »
    Was that noise Phil's knob dropping off?

LMAO!
    Somewhere Moanalisa's head just exploded.

Aw, let her have her moment.
    It wasn't really very passionate was it, the spoilers said he was going to tear her clothes off. You can tell he's just doing it to get back at Sharon.

Yes, he's had two lots of bad news (I was going to say 'blows' but then realised how that would be taken on this thread :D).
    The major one being Sharon and thinking he's never going to be forgiven for Dennis and then finding out that Jay has been hiding the fact that he's met/been in contact with Ben. He's at a low ebb and while Shirley didn't exactly jump on him she certainly made it clear that she was up for it but I suppose he'll be the b'stard if he rejects her again *roll eyes*
    Centaurion wrote: »

It's Walford I tells ya. People seem to live perfectly happy lives but then they move to Walford and it all goes wrong .... Is there a witches curse/hex on the place?! :o
    Great episode I thought, Bianca surprisingly mature over Whitney staying, can't see her reacting the same way to Liam. Brilliant scenes with Sharon and Linda, both will be regretting that on Thursday no doubt, hope it's not foreshadowing Sharon not believing her about Dean raping her. Good scene with Aunt Babe and Stan as well, I really hope the Sylvie storyline heats up soon, I want more than just Babe talking to herself.

I really don't see the joy in coming into threads about a soap you've claimed many times you've stopped watching/no longer like just to make little digs all the time. So pointless.

BIB: I'm hoping it'll do the opposite. That she blames herself for letting the cat out of the bag and telling Nancy so her guilt will make her side with Linda. Linda definitely said 'he kissed me', she never said they kissed which is obviously consensual on both sides. Sharon has definitely stirred the sh!t by misinterpreting the kiss to Nancy (never mind telling her in the first place!) but I'm hoping that that is because she was totally p!ssed and when it's explained to her properly she'll understand.

Either way though, with the high and mighty attitude Sharon is displaying lately I can see HER being the one for a fall.
    lordo350 wrote: »

THAT'S who she was tonight - Tanya. Not the Sharon of old. Seems like they still haven't got a handle on her character. It was amusing but unless Sharon's supposed to have changed a lot it wasn't really Sharon to me.

Interesting point about having her acting like this so we root for Phil and Shirley too.

Great post tonight Lordo, agreed about Whitney too.
    Apologies for snipping but I thought this post might be too long if I left it intact, lol!