Options

Breaking News: NHS Staff To Strike

Comments

• Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for them. Pity nobody will take any notice.
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »

I am a nurse in the NHS and I am not going to strike. Why? Firstly, I am a member of the RCN (Royal College of Nursing) and not Unison so have not been balloted on this issue.

Secondly, I would not strike if any action puts patients at risk. As a nurse withdrawing my labour it is likely to put patients at risk - therefore am against this particular action.

However, I would be very willing to take action which would not put any patient at risk. These are all the many non clinical documents we nurses have to complete on a daily basis. These include administrative and auditing tasks of which there are far too many IMHO.

If the RCN are going to offer a ballot as regards these non clinical tasks then my vote would be a resounding YES!

I would be in line for a pay increases as I am at the top of my band. My pay increase last year was £5! Not £5 a month, just £5 for the whole year. :(

As I already work a few hours a week unpaid overtime (as do many NHS employees) I would like my full pay increase as recommended by the independent pay review body.

Is that really too much to ask? I certainly don't think so.