How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched that show, cause a scene is a fab set and a great price! Lucky! :)

I've never really looked in B&M for polish but I'll keep my peepers out in future!

My local one usually has the W7 range in as well and very occasionally you find the odd brand snuck into the stores. I've seen Sally Hansen and occasionally Revlon and they have a few non branded sets and stuff its worth a quick mooch round.

Elanor strangely Leighton's stuff is the one that I have most success with and actually stays on my nails for the longest length of time did see some Seche Vite in TX Maxx that I was coveting and some seriously gorgeous Orly but had to be good and pay the bills rather than buy the polish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going through a phase of applying fresh nail polish daily, which I haven't done for a long time. I'm a bit of a nail biter but trying to stop! I've been using Sally Hansen Maximum Growth nail polish and it is working wonders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    My local one usually has the W7 range in as well and very occasionally you find the odd brand snuck into the stores. I've seen Sally Hansen and occasionally Revlon and they have a few non branded sets and stuff its worth a quick mooch round.

Elanor strangely Leighton's stuff is the one that I have most success with and actually stays on my nails for the longest length of time did see some Seche Vite in TX Maxx that I was coveting and some seriously gorgeous Orly but had to be good and pay the bills rather than buy the polish.

I wonder if my fiancé will drive me around all the B&Ms in the area..... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wombat18 wrote: »
    I'm going through a phase of applying fresh nail polish daily, which I haven't done for a long time. I'm a bit of a nail biter but trying to stop! I've been using Sally Hansen Maximum Growth nail polish and it is working wonders.

That's working for my friend too :) she tried nail envy and it just peeled off within minutes so I told her to try a Sally Hansen treatment and her nails are getting longer. She used a treatment to stop her biting her nails for a while before she used the SH MG as well but stopped because it tasted gross and she couldn't eat crisps!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just purchased two Essie polishes and I hope they don't leave me disappointed. I have never used Essie before and since it's so widely avaiable I though I'd try it.

I normally use China Glaze but the colours I want seem next to impossible to get. It doesn't seem to be widely available in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a massive nail polish problem! i have over 60 barry m, and im branching out to others! just discovered accessorize. 3 for 2 in superdrug and free delivery how could i not. Would love to be able to own essie, OPI, china glaze and seen lots of amazing indie brands but they are just too expensive.
    Thinking of starting a nail polish blog..
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zoe_lou wrote: »
    I have a massive nail polish problem! i have over 60 barry m, and im branching out to others! just discovered accessorize. 3 for 2 in superdrug and free delivery how could i not. Would love to be able to own essie, OPI, china glaze and seen lots of amazing indie brands but they are just too expensive.
    Thinking of starting a nail polish blog..

Essie isn't that expensive. If you buy your Barry M in Boots on 3 for 2, and collect points, you'll soon easily have enough for some Essies. And the Essies are on 3 for 2 sometimes too. Plus if you have a TKMaxx near you they often have Essies in packs of 2 or 3 or whatever at really cheap prices.

I haven't worn my Essies in a while, maybe I'll have to remedy that this weekend. I don't have that many, but the ones I have are really good (apart from... whatsit. The pink shimmery one that doesn't dry. Um... it'll come to me... We're in it Together. Don't get that one!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah i will check tkmaxx thanks the only one i have seen of essie that i want at the moment is the metallic blue its on amazon for 3.99, i have so many 'normal' polishes from barry m i like to find shimmers, glitters or special effects ones now.

need a holographic one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zoe_lou wrote: »
    ah i will check tkmaxx thanks the only one i have seen of essie that i want at the moment is the metallic blue its on amazon for 3.99, i have so many 'normal' polishes from barry m i like to find shimmers, glitters or special effects ones now.

need a holographic one

Ooooh, you need to look at Sally Magpies!
    http://www.sallymagpies.co.uk/
    She has the Color Club holos, which are mostly pastelly holos, and the Layla holos, which are pretty good, and the Jade holos from Brazil, which are spectacular!
    You can see the holos I've posted about here:
    http://elanorsnails.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/holo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the links! i love the GOSH holo.
    i think i am going to sallys soon, my friend is taking me to NSI and she said there is one next to it, best make sure i go with extra cash!
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear this is dangerous posting links to these sites with fab stuff.

Some absolutely fab stuff there. Currently eyeing up my Leighton Denny Cause a Scene set which arrived yesterday and waiting on my other set coming next week. Loving the set especially Guilt Free although it has turned my nail slightly green I was just testing colours so didn't put base on :o and Razzamataz glitter.

All fab though plus it meant getting some of the other stuff including renovate which my nails probably badly need at the moment so hopefully starting to get my nail mojo back. I guess the fact I'm coveting stuff on websites and was looking in TX Maxx for polishes today is probably a good sign too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I can really recommend Sally Magpies! She's just a nail polish fan who started buying from abroad to sell here, so she gets all sorts of rarities. It's worth following her on facebook because she warns you when something new is coming in stock. I've bought from her a few times now and everything has always arrived next day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting a £10 amazon voucher so as it is money i wont usually have going to treat myself to the essie blue metallic and a china glaze holographic polish, my first china glaze haha just need to decide on the colour

I wanted a silver one, but there doesnt seem to be one, closest one is probably cosmic dust but its not one at 6.95 like the others
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought china glaze its a trap-eze. I cant wait to get it, its not normal to be so excited over a nail polish...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is normal honestly. Otherwise there's a lot of us 'not normal' people around. I've got It's a Trapeze too. Very top coat thirsty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a bit of a rearranging session today - I store my nail varnishes in those Ikea Billy cd towers. Well, I had been using one and a half towers for my bottles, but today I rearranged and moved some of my cds somewhere else (why would I need them on display or in the living room? Pfft!) and have four extra compartments for nail varnish now. So I've managed to split up some of the shelves that were overfull. They look so pretty now, all lined up!

I did my nails earlier in Essie's Skirting the Issue (I love that one!) but then managed to ruin it by cooking, so I've got bare nails and having a think about what to put on for tomorrow. I can't decide.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    I've browsed this thread but cant catch up on it all,(sorry)

I'm a UV gel addict I have about 30+ bottles of my own and have been looking at using pigments + glitters I like the gradient glitter look etc, does anyone know of any good sites that can give advice, I have browsed salon geek but I am petrified of posting there as they don't seem to like non professionals.
    Although my vice is shellac type not typical nail varnish I am a nail addict, I love the UV gels as I can cure them and they set instantly, when using nail varnish I always smudge and chip them but the UV gel suits me better.
    Elanor I have looked at your blog (very nice :D ) and wondered if anyone knows of any forums or blogs that have more info on shellac.

oh and pinkchampagne, love your blog too.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    Oh and also does anyone know if konad nail varnishes for the konad stamping kit are anything special or would normal nail varnish do the trick?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I had a bit of a rearranging session today - I store my nail varnishes in those Ikea Billy cd towers. Well, I had been using one and a half towers for my bottles, but today I rearranged and moved some of my cds somewhere else (why would I need them on display or in the living room? Pfft!) and have four extra compartments for nail varnish now. So I've managed to split up some of the shelves that were overfull. They look so pretty now, all lined up!

I did my nails earlier in Essie's Skirting the Issue (I love that one!) but then managed to ruin it by cooking, so I've got bare nails and having a think about what to put on for tomorrow. I can't decide.

I was thinking about CD or DVD racks/shelves for extra storage, I'll have to try ikea! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've browsed this thread but cant catch up on it all,(sorry)

I'm a UV gel addict I have about 30+ bottles of my own and have been looking at using pigments + glitters I like the gradient glitter look etc, does anyone know of any good sites that can give advice, I have browsed salon geek but I am petrified of posting there as they don't seem to like non professionals.
    Although my vice is shellac type not typical nail varnish I am a nail addict, I love the UV gels as I can cure them and they set instantly, when using nail varnish I always smudge and chip them but the UV gel suits me better.
    Elanor I have looked at your blog (very nice :D ) and wondered if anyone knows of any forums or blogs that have more info on shellac.

oh and pinkchampagne, love your blog too.

Thank you! :) salongeek is a great forum and so is npaa. I don't use gels or shellac or anything though because I like to change my colour/design at least every other day so I'm not sure if there are any specific forums that could help/give you more ideas and info but if I come across any on my Internet nail polish travels I'll let you know :)

I've read blogs and forums etc where people have said that the stamping polish is best and just as many that say normal polish is better. Personally I use normal polish but I think it could be personal preference so it might be worth getting one to try?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere - but does anybody else have a problem with the smell of nail varnish? I can't stand the smell!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere - but does anybody else have a problem with the smell of nail varnish? I can't stand the smell!

I have always loved it :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm after those Sally Hansen Nail Prisms, they look amazing.

I'm aware they've been discontinued :( anyone know where I might find them though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

only some. Models Own is the worst that I own, selling mine now i just cant handle the smell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    I'm after those Sally Hansen Nail Prisms, they look amazing.

I'm aware they've been discontinued :( anyone know where I might find them though?

ebay. everythings always on ebay