Justin Bieber makes a boob at Anne Frank museum in Amsterdam.

Comments

• Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Pity he hadn't been self-aborted instead....

What's the point in saying something like that?
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point in saying something like that?

It's a play on words, it was in answer to -

"...however I do genuinely think he's self absorbed."
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she was a fan, she could have turned his music right down so nobody would have heard it!! :D
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Legally, no. But, as someone already mentioned, his behavior seems to indicate someone emotionally stunted. I'm not defending him, I'm just not feeling the great outrage.

I am OUTRAGED.

He should never be forgiven for his crimes against music.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    I am OUTRAGED.

He should never be forgiven for his crimes against music.

Now this I can understand.

The only thing I've heard of his is the 'baby baby' song. I've successfully cocooned myself from the rest.

I'm not even sure I know how to pronounce his name.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree its not outragous, its just bloody irritating. who wants to hear some dum tit commenting on such a sensitive subject?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    He's an idiot yes, but being surrounded by sycophants from a young age can hardly be good for him. It's just reinforced his delusions and meant that he's probably still mentally very immature. What happens when all his teenie fans move on and the money men and hangers on flock to the next teen fad act? It probably doesn't end well.

Yeah, that's true. I think this year is going to be the start of a gradual nosedive in his career. He's had a disastrous time of it so far, particularly during his time in the UK a few weeks back. It's just a shame those closest to him haven't been able to rein him in a bit, or at least stop him from making a fool of himself anyway. That's why it perplexes me that no one intervened before that comment was put. Okay, it's not the most offensive thing ever written, but surely he could have expressed those sentiments a little more tactfully. He needs better advise in the future. Or else he's heading on a one-way train to self-destruction. And what a damn shame that'd be too. :(
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well according to Twitter over the weekend, Justin was 5 years old!
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the title as made a tit - as in crafted one, possibly from clay, at the museum.

It doesn't really matter actually...same conclusion.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    leave him be

he's been surrounded by people nodding and telling him he's wonderful for years, he's probably had little in the way of education.

The ones to blame for his ignorance are the ones that allowed it to happen.

Hopefully he'll get a little older and sort his own shit out.

And bow out of the public arena.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I dislike the kid, I just can not see the outrage in this.

Neither can I , I think he is a pillock but basically he has written that she was great and he hopes if she had been around now she would have liked him.

I am not getting the anger .
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a talentless arrogant narcissistic little Bellend and I can't wait for his fall from grace, it's been hilarious so far!
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Neither can I , I think he is a pillock but basically he has written that she was great and he hopes if she had been around now she would have liked him.

I am not getting the anger .

I think it's because he made his comment partly about him, rather than Anne.
  • laura12laura12 Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Justin Boober
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a nice tweet on the subject...
    Would Anne Frank have been a Belieber? No. In fact, millions blindly following an idiot is why she was in that attic.

:p
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS outraged overkill as usual.

Anne was a modern thinking smart savvy hip 12 year old, had pop music and MP3 players been around in the 1940s Anne might well have been a keen listener to Justin to while away the days in the attic.

Get some perspective.

Agreed ~ no doubt from some who criticise the Daily Mail for reactionary headlines.

All this hate directed towards one immature young lad who made a silly, thoughtless comment, is weird to say the least.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    If you read Anne Frank's diary what comes across is how mature and intellectual she is.

So, no Justin, she probably wouldn't have been a Belieber. She'd have thought "Get this twunt off my radar".
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know - juxtaposing THOSE two quotes may NOT have been your finest idea! :p

Nicely spotted (yes I know, spotted dick....)
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ranted at length about this yesterday on FB and twitter. I rarely if ever get wound up about things celebs do, but I did feel really quite angry about this.

:D:D:D You got quite angry and ranted because Justin Bieber wrote something down which was a bit daft? Brilliant!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I don't expect much of a world view from a moronic fundie.

"I don't really believe in Abortion, it's like killing a baby." How about in cases of rape? "Um. Well, i think that's really sad but everything happens for a reason. I don't know how that would be a reason."

Justin Bieber.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Apprently he's also visited the Reichstag while in Germany and is quoted as saying...

"You know, if only that Hitler dude had bought my new album. He would have, like, totally understood that we all need to live together and stuff..."

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Seriously, I find it quite funny. Poor lad can't do anything right with the press.

What's wrong with what he wrote. Bet it put a smile on some peoples faces.
    Can't see how it could be offensive at all
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    mrsbadger wrote: »
    Seriously, I find it quite funny. Poor lad can't do anything right with the press.

What's wrong with what he wrote. Bet it put a smile on some peoples faces.
    Can't see how it could be offensive at all

I think on the whole, brevity and joking about matters relating to the Holocaust is probably best avoided by anyone in the public eye. Especially if the comments are in a book at the Anne Frank house.
    Either his advisers are woefully inadequate or they are working by the adage that any column inches are good column inches.
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Entry spotted in Anne Frank's diary

"I was lying in the attic, trying to be quiet....but then I saw Herr Flick, now I'm a Belieber!"
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then again - there's always....T4! :eek:

Do you mean the TV programme, or the Nazi planned destruction of the disabled?