Options

The Big Bang Theory

Wobbly SteveWobbly Steve Posts: 996
Forum Member
✭✭
For me series 7 is by far the best - for those who are waiting for it to air in the uk - you are in for a treat.....

Comments

• Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So looking forward to it!
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does it start airing on E4?
  • Options
    Wobbly SteveWobbly Steve Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you really can't wait - pm me and I can point you toward an online direction !! :D
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The great Jim Parsons is always worth watching but in the last season or two I've found John Galecki's (Leonard) one note sneering increasingly irritating. The actress who plays Penny also appears to be rather the worse for wear, tired and emotional, whatever you want to call it.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you really can't wait - pm me and I can point you toward an online direction !! :D
    No thank you. My TV doesn't have an internet connection and I am certainly not going to sit in front of my PC to watch something. :cool:

I can wait - I was just asking if anyone knew when it was airing.
  • Options
    Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This belongs in the US TV section.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me series 7 is by far the best - for those who are waiting for it to air in the uk - you are in for a treat.....

It's been terrible so far, it's now become a copy of Friends. The first three series will always be the best for me.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game episode is the best one this season. The others have been below average tbh.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This belongs in the US TV section.

so a show shown on E4 can can't be discussed here because it's not British? I think the show is lame beyond belief but even I'd say that's a harsh restriction!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    so a show shown on E4 can can't be discussed here because it's not British? I think the show is lame beyond belief but even I'd say that's a harsh restriction!

It's not where the programme is shown, it is where it is made.

There is also US and UK Pace to consider.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not where the programme is shown, it is where it is made.

There is also US and UK Pace to consider.

well there's a Cagney and Lacey discussion in this thread that needs moving then. And what is UK Pace?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well there's a Cagney and Lacey discussion in this thread that needs moving then. And what is UK Pace?

Yes it should be in the US section. But it would be at UK Pace.

While a show like the Walking Dead Season 4 would be at US pace as it is being shown at the moment in the US but not the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member

Bascially all programmes made in the UK are in the TV Shows: UK section whereas all TV shows made in the US are in the US section.

Technically the OP is referring to having already watched the new episodes (which havent yet started on E4)

UK Pace and US pace refers to threads in the US section, depending on whether the discussion within the thread is of episodes airing in the US or in UK. So for example Big Bang Theory US pace would be a discussion of episodes airing on CBS whereas Big Bang Theory UK Pace would be a discussion of episodes airing on E4 in the UK (which might be a little behind the US pace)

Threads such as Cagney and Lacey technically need to be in the US section (there is already one there) whoever created it in the UK section shouldnt have and maybe did so because it is being shown on BBC2

Its not a harsh restriction, it's so it's easier to find the thread for a particular show, if you know the show is American it'll be easier to search for it in the US section
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    A poor opener. I've enjoyed the rest of them so far.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the last series (no idea of the number) was really reaching for humour. Whereas I can watch most of the episodes from the previous series (plural), I haven't bothered watching any repeats of the last series.

Every comedy has a natural end-point, and I think TBBT has reached it - there's nowhere else to go.

Unless Sheldon gets it together with Penny of course - there's an awful lot of chemistry between them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unless Sheldon gets it together with Penny of course - there's an awful lot of chemistry between them.

Eh ? , you perverted weirdo, have you not heard of The Venchenlencko/Stensky Constant ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    No thank you. My TV doesn't have an internet connection and I am certainly not going to sit in front of my PC to watch something. :cool:

I can wait - I was just asking if anyone knew when it was airing.

All you need is an HDMI lead. Problem solved!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All you need is an HDMI lead. Problem solved!

Why can't you wait for it being broadcast in HD on C4 in a few months ?

It's a bloke thing I think, watching the episodes of a new US series on a crappy laptop before it's shown in the UK, does it make you feel empowered ? ;)
  • Options
    yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what I thought, it's not the same watching it on a small screen where it keeps buffering and you can see the pixels.
    Wait for it to air on E4
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its improved recently and this series is pretty good so far - but all I have seen is people saying how rubbish it is, so Id keep and open mind as opinion seems to be divided,
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a bloke thing I think, watching the episodes of a new US series on a crappy laptop before it's shown in the UK, does it make you feel empowered ? ;)
    yeahbuddy wrote: »
    That's what I thought, it's not the same watching it on a small screen where it keeps buffering and you can see the pixels.
    Wait for it to air on E4

I have been watching TV at "US Pace" for years... all on my HD TV, rather than on a laptop, and with no buffering and no obvious pixellation.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Mainly having American family and friends, I have to watch it with them as they tell me all about it if I don't.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I have been watching TV at "US Pace" for years... all on my HD TV, rather than on a laptop, and with no buffering and no obvious pixellation.

Surely your TV's hooked up to your laptop though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely your TV's hooked up to your laptop though?

Some TVs can play files via the USB input.