Options

Fox releases images from "Simpsons/Family Guy" crossover

Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
Forum Member
Fox has released images from the FG episode where the Simpsons will guest
star:

http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-releases-first-images-simpsonsfamily-guy-cross-204677

I'm still waiting for the Futurama /American Dad! crossover. Imagine Bender
and Roger teaming up for alcoholic sociopath shenanigans! :D

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this
    Next season premieres will be very interesting

Family guy has a one hour premiere with the crossover with The Simpsons
    While The Simpsons opens up with a episode named "yellow wedding" where we see a beloved character sadly pass away.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Wonder if Groening is gonna to demand his name be taking off the ep like with
    the Simpsons/Critic crossover?

While I know Matt doesn't dislike MacFarlane
    and his work, Matt might not be okay with this (not that he could do anything
    to stop it-if the Fox execs demand a crossover, they get a crossover!).
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Even though it's a Family Guy episode, I wasn't comfortable with the rape joke.

Really look forward to this though. And the Simpsons/Futurama crossover.
  • Options
    punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Springfield, 25 years without rape jokes until MacFarlane's gang turn up.

And how long is it since Bart has prank called Moe anyway, even accounting for Springfield's fluid timelines?

Actually, not much of a female presence in the trailer at all. Hopefully it's not just going to be the Homer and Bart vs Peter and Stewie show.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Wonder if Groening is gonna to demand his name be taking off the ep like with
    the Simpsons/Critic crossover?

While I know Matt doesn't dislike MacFarlane
    and his work, Matt might not be okay with this (not that he could do anything
    to stop it-if the Fox execs demand a crossover, they get a crossover!).

Actually they would need their Okays because of the unique deal that James L. Brooks set up. Though these days i doubt they say no to anything.
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was looking good until the Peter / Homer (giant chicken) fight. So even with all the possible new cross-over material the episode could have worked with, the writers had to revert to a long (boring) drawn out fight.

As a family guy fan, I find the the Peter / chicken fights tired and boring and is clearly just used as a filler for when the episode runs short, but i suppose this will be the first time the Simpsons audience will have seen it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though it's a Family Guy episode, I wasn't comfortable with the rape joke.

Really look forward to this though. And the Simpsons/Futurama crossover.

So you were fine with the implication Moe was a sex offender, that Willy had a sexual relationship with his rake and than Troy McClure had sexual encounters with fish?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    So you were fine with the implication Moe was a sex offender, that Willy had a sexual relationship with his rake and than Troy McClure had sexual encounters with fish?
    Ermmmmm............those were subtle references.

Family Guy is and always will be forthright. That's why it works.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Is this a family guy episode or a Simpsons episode, judging by the rape joke, its a family guy episode.

I don't mind seeing a more adult simpsons, but i don't want a toned down family guy.

Im not a huge fan of either really, both are good, but years later im sure it seems stale to regular viewers, but since ive probably only seen 20/30 full family guy eps and 50/60 simpsons eps, i think they are just as good as they always were, of course i probably dont see the amount of reused gags as the true fans do.

This looks good though.