Options

19 things that will (probably) happen

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Time to draw up your X factor bingo card:

http://www.instyle.co.uk/celebrity/news/19-things-which-will-probably-happen-on-the-x-factor-this-year

We could probably add a few, like Simon saying 'I didn't like it...I loved it' or 'Louis, you are a miserable old man'...

The old chestnuts 'You owned the stage' and 'You made that song your own'.

No doubt Simon will talk about someone being relevant/current.

And Cheryl will say 'I thoroughly enjoyed that' :D

Comments

• Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slowed down versions of chart songs - "Ah really thought it was a bootiful performance and you made it your own"
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis will tell a boyband "the girls are gonna love you!", prompting awkward laughs and smiles from the members.

Similarly, Cheryl will call a young male auditionee, probably holding an acoustic guitar, "cute", causing him to also laugh and smile awkwardly.

When either of the above walk into the arena audition, we'll see a girl comment or giggle excitedly to her friend next to her.

A Westlife and/or Leona Lewis song will feature heavily in all the "You're through!" segments.

An irritating, loud personality or a "quirky" singer will be put through to the live shows over a clearly more talented favourite.

Rihanna, Leona Lewis and One Direction will be recycled for the live show guest slots.
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl will cry over nothing

Mel B will rip bad singers to shreds with her grating accent

Simon's pen will be getting swashed about as he comments

Louis will try not to lay a pot of gold
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly Come Dancing & Doctor Who will beat it in the ratings :p
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry Styles comes out.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    1) The designated "quirky" act will take a pop song and slow it down into a lullaby-esque dirge. Cowell will then call it "genius", whilst knowing full well the arrangement has been nicked wholesale from another talent show/ Live Lounge/ a YouTube covers artist.

2) The media will stoke rumours of a hellish feud between Mel & Cheryl because, y'know, two prominent women can never get along.

3) Simon will vote out the blatantly better singer in a sing-off, and make up some bullshit reason about the crap but marketable singer "wanting it more".

4) Fat/ old/ ugly (delete as applicable) munter walks out (in the arena auditions) and we cut to shots of the audience rolling their eyes and generally looking like a bunch of entitled morons. Said fat/ old/ ugly munter will then turn out to have a halfway decent singing voice and the audience will start braying, mouths agape, like sea lions being pelted with raw fish.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    A male singer will present Cheryl with a rose and sing some awkward lyrics to her as she pretends not to die inside from the whole sorry display.

An old dear will come out on stage and request a date with Louis, completely unaware that Louis would be more interested in her grandson(!) - Simon will love the whole thing!

Contestant will state they've worked so hard all their lives just to be given a chance. There is so much on the line here!! Contestant will be a 16 year old with absolutely no real life experience whatsoever.
  • Options
    Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Strictly Come Dancing & Doctor Who will beat it in the ratings :p

Strictly, I'm not so sure, read the announcement of the new presenting team on their official Blog, a lot of people say they won't be watching this year. Doctor Who's anniversary special got 10.6million viwers, which Strictly and X Factor both have, at some point during their lives, won on a weekly basis. So it probably won't be serious competition, but I may be proven wrong :)

With the return of Simon and Cheryl and SO much media speculation, from print to TV, mainly since March, there's a lot of buzz around this series and IF the talent is good, with the odd character, and the judges are on top form, then I think X Factor will easily win more viewers - it did for seven series' after all, and has remained the biggest show in Europe (apparently) in terms of buzz and social media - you don't see Scrictly rumours and speculation all year round, although there was a bit this year after Brucie's departure.

I think the best show will win, it could be any of the three :)

Going back on topic, I reckon we're sure to see Louis saying "You're only 16!", "You look and sound like a popstar", "you're different", "we make this show to find someone like you" and "You remind me of a young..." ;-)
  • Options
    KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Harry Styles comes out.

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    1) The designated "quirky" act will take a pop song and slow it down into a lullaby-esque dirge. Cowell will then call it "genius", whilst knowing full well the arrangement has been nicked wholesale from another talent show/ Live Lounge/ a YouTube covers artist.

2) The media will stoke rumours of a hellish feud between Mel & Cheryl because, y'know, two prominent women can never get along.

3) Simon will vote out the blatantly better singer in a sing-off, and make up some bullshit reason about the crap but marketable singer "wanting it more".

4) Fat/ old/ ugly (delete as applicable) munter walks out (in the arena auditions) and we cut to shots of the audience rolling their eyes and generally looking like a bunch of entitled morons. Said fat/ old/ ugly munter will then turn out to have a halfway decent singing voice and the audience will start braying, mouths agape, like sea lions being pelted with raw fish.

This!!
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A girl will screech out a typical boring Whitney / Mariah song

A boy will be told that he isn't good enough, which will then cause him to ball his eyes out like a baby that has had a toy taken away, which will then get him a place in the lives as a solo artist or as a part of some group that cannot sing for sh!t, but they are good looking and will appeal to teenage girls with more hormones than brains. Or a Boy will have a good voice & ball his eyes out every single week until he gets booted off.
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purple Rain will be performed at the lives.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A girl will screech out a typical boring Whitney / Mariah song

It won't go a whole series without someone singing Whitney's "I Have Nothing"!
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That performance was ab-solut-ly fan-tas-tic.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half way through someone's performance Simon will stick his hand in the air indicating for the music to be stopped and will ask the contestant to sing another song

The judges will reject a contestant but then will have a change of heart and after the contestant has already left the building or is about to leave the building the judge will hunt them down and say that they would like the contestant to come back the next day and try another song
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne will come back in a shock twist.
    "Guess what, Im back Darling. I missed my little Lou-Lou"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis will clap like a seal and waggle his head as he speaks.

Simon will comment on someone's outfit and/or backing dancers, rather than on the vocals.

The act opening the show in week 1 will most likely be in the sing off.

If a favourite (with the producers) isn't doing too well in the votes, they will always be given a slot in the second half of the show.
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    There will be a thug who is favoured because she/he is good looking and has a decent-ish voice.

There will be a blonde diva who has an alright voice, but she is put through purely for entertainment value.

Louis will shout "YOU'RE TRUE!" at Judge's Houses.

Simon will say "I didn't like it.. I LOVED it!"

Boring renditions of Skinny Love, The Power of Love, any Ellie Goulding song, etc...

Mel B will criticise someone and they will cry

They will put together a manufactured boy and girl band from people who weren't good enough on their own.

There will be a segment of people getting through to the next round with Take That's "Greatest Day" playing in the background.

Someone will try to serenade Cheryl through an R&B song.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon says "genuinely", as if that's not supposed to be implicit in the comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »
    There will be a thug who is favoured because she/he is good looking and has a decent-ish voice.

There will be a blonde diva who has an alright voice, but she is put through purely for entertainment value.

Louis will shout "YOU'RE TRUE!" at Judge's Houses.

Simon will say "I didn't like it.. I LOVED it!"

Boring renditions of Skinny Love, The Power of Love, any Ellie Goulding song, etc...

Mel B will criticise someone and they will cry

They will put together a manufactured boy and girl band from people who weren't good enough on their own.

There will be a segment of people getting through to the next round with Take That's "Greatest Day" playing in the background.

Someone will try to serenade Cheryl through an R&B song.

Or JLS 'One Shot' ;-)
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some mediocre act will be told they are "world class"
    A mediocre boy band/girl band will be told there's a "gap in the market" for them
    Simon will tell one act that he could hear this kind of thing in any local pub on a Saturday evening and Louis will (rightly) point out that Simon doesn't go to pubs
    Louis will refuse to choose between his two acts in the bottom 2
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis: I want everybody in Liverpool/Scotland/Ireland/Manchester/Norwich/Leamington Spa to pick up the phone for you!!
  • Options
    punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl: YOU SMASHED IT!

Cheryl gets up on stage to hug a female contestant in tears

At least one dig at The Voice

Scotland/Wales auditions featuring crowd shots of someone dressed in a kilt/as a dragon; carrying bagpipes/a plastic daffodil

John Legend's All of Me is this year's over-massacred audition song

Rihanna/Miley performs to be followed by an outraged article in the Daily Mail about their skimpy outfit and its lack of suitability for a family show (complete with extensive photos)

Somebody sings Feeling Good in the final

Nobody mentions the cancellation of XF USA
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl: YOU SMASHED IT!

Cheryl gets up on stage to hug a female contestant in tears

At least one dig at The Voice

Scotland/Wales auditions featuring crowd shots of someone dressed in a kilt/as a dragon; carrying bagpipes/a plastic daffodil

John Legend's All of Me is this year's over-massacred audition song

Rihanna/Miley performs to be followed by an outraged article in the Daily Mail about their skimpy outfit and its lack of suitability for a family show (complete with extensive photos)

Somebody sings Feeling Good in the final

Nobody mentions the cancellation of XF USA

You forgot Michael Buble performing and Dermots awkward moments.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis will say to someone that they are like a young Dawn French or someone else famous that has nothing whatsoever to do with music.