Options

If Scotland goes who next, Wales, Northern Ireland, Cornwall, the Isle of Wight?

Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
Forum Member
✭✭
Who else?

The end of not just the UK but England itself?

Comments

• Options
    welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wales please. We need to eradicate poverty and create a just society ASAP !!
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Independence for London please! I'm sick of subsidising the rest of Britain!

:-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Silly.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welsh_El wrote: »

Great idea just one tiny question how you going to pay for it ? Let's been honest as bad as it might be in Wales you are getting a lot more money from the UK then you are generating. Plus Tom Jones cannot have long left in him once he goes how would you cover the lose through tax revenue on album sales ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    Great idea just one tiny question how you going to pay for it ? Let's been honest as bad as it might be in Wales you are getting a lot more money from the UK then you are generating. Plus Tom Jones cannot have long left in him once he goes how would you cover the lose through tax revenue on album sales ?

Too weak, Too poor, Too small....Nonsense. We are energy rich. 50 years of status quo No more !!
  • Options
    Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »

I'm Welsh and I agree with you.

Wales can't afford to leave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that Northern Ireland independence will grow if Scotland does vote yes. I wouldn't blame them either tbh but I don't know if they could survive on their own. Would it be possible for them to join Ireland again?

Wales won't though. Wales needs England to survive.
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that Northern Ireland independence will grow if Scotland does vote yes. I wouldn't blame them either tbh but I don't know if they could survive on their own. Would it be possible for them to join Ireland again?

Ireland cannot afford to take on NI - its broke already.
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that Northern Ireland independence will grow if Scotland does vote yes.

We can only hope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly.

Not silly at all. Nearly 10 million population is more than enough to be a decent size country in Europe. We keep the pound and the Queen. Boris is PM of the Kingdom of London. We keep all the tax collected within the M25. The standard of living would increase, tax rates could be cut and growth would boom.

The rest of Britain can ask Scotland if they can have time share on their parliament building and maybe use it at weekends. All the people complaining about multiculturalism and the Islington elite can stay the F away and let this thriving multiracial multicultural vibrant city go from strength the strength.

What's silly about that?
  • Options
    Black HughBlack Hugh Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no appetite for independence in NI.
    It's either the union with the UK or uniting with the ROI that concerns people here.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Cornwall and the Isle of Wight???

lol

OK, at this point independence movements are just something that bored people take up as a hobby.

As for Wales and Northern Ireland, England is stuck with them unfortunately.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what a Yes vote in Scotland would do for the NI bid to set it's own corporate tax rate that Cameron has been sitting on since he came to office.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about Independence for Bromley, Greenwich, Lewisham, Southwark, Woolwich? How about outer London breaking away from inner London, where does it end. Will my local council ward get independence?
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Independence for South Essex....please, please, please.
  • Options
    Forum Member

By which of course you mean causing economic collapses, since London is the capital of corporate and financial corruption.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By which of course you mean causing economic collapses, since London is the capital of corporate and financial corruption.

Does London generate a lot of it's own power then? I thought they are turning Battersea power station in to luxury flats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does London generate a lot of it's own power then? I thought they are turning Battersea power station in to luxury flats.

Apparently they feed themselves too, because London is full of farms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmm, remind me what the "S" in RBS and HBOS stands for again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, remind me what the "S" in RBS and HBOS stands for again?

Yes, Scotland was an accessory to London's crimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member

How would an independent Wales create those things? It would just lead to bankruptcy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member

Globally? It's nowhere near top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way all these places think that if only they could break away from the evil Tories in southeast England they could some how create a just, and fair society with welfare for all. Things like that cost money, something they will not have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Globally? It's nowhere near top.

Champions League places then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way all these places think that if only they could break away from the evil Tories in southeast England they could some how create a just, and fair society with welfare for all. Things like that cost money, something they will not have.

Until I proposed that the evil tory SE leave, then everyone complains about that too!