Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weather forecasters who keep using the phrases "From the word go"or "Nothing to write home about".
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    When the OP writes a log post then the first poster quotes the whole things... It shouldn't buy it pisses me off:(
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People writing gawjus and luvli on Facebook!!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Oh, thought of another one :D I was at a corner shop once, and took what I wanted to the till only to discover the guy serving me was on the phone. He rang my items through, held his hand out for the money (whilst still using one hand to hold the phone to his ear, and not even bothering to tell me how much my items cost.)
    He then proceeded to give me my change, get a plastic bag out from under the counter and toss it on to the counter for me to bag my own items up. I did, then muttered a polite ''thank you'' as I left the shop.
    He didn't say a single word to me the entire time, just continued his conversation and acted like I didn't exist. Haven't been back since, because I think it's bloody rude to treat customers like that :mad:

That happens often in corner shops around us.
  • Dai ClustDai Clust Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Dead witches that take up television and newspaper space
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Dai Clust wrote: »
    Dead witches that take up television and newspaper space

I thought I was safe here :(:mad:
  • glitterlady08glitterlady08 Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you are shopping and you only have 1 item, and the person in front of you has enough shopping for the entire country......umm , umm ..And they still won't let you first...:mad:

Also I was shopping yesterday, we were looking for some fresh EGG Lasagne, we couldn't find, so we asked the assistant, she said she would have a look,waiting for nearly 10 mins, she came back "sorry we have none" Well why don't put sign "RUN OUT OF STOCK".........:( :mad:
  • xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    I thought I was safe here :(:mad:

People who don't put the flowers back in the water when choosing in supermarkets.
  • Gig ghostsGig ghosts Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    People in this country who call their garages 'Carports':mad:
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    ff999 wrote: »
    Radio presenters on 5 Live now refer to their programmes as 'shows'. Makes me cringe. What's wrong with programme?

Radio shows. "Welcome to the show"; "on the show today..."

Sorry, I fail to see the problem here?!
  • alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who use the word 'grow' out of context as in 'I want to grow my savings'. You grow plants - not money!:mad:
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who take their dogs to car-boot sales.

People who walk side by side on narrow paths and take no notice of people behind them who are wanting to overtake.

People who 'rescue' animals. No, you usually bought it from some greedy charity paying way over the odds.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who borrow your car and then do things like retune your radio and don't bother to turn the windscreen wipers off when they take the key out of the ignition. Even worse when the wipers are mid-wipe

:mad:
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Police spokespeople over-using the word "clearly" when giving a press statement.

When the person in front of you at the supermarket checkout doesn't bother placing the 'Next' divider on the conveyor. It's an unwritten rule.

When the person behind you doesn't thank you for placing the 'Next' divider on the conveyor. Rude people make me so mad.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who stand incredibly close behind me in the shopping queue. The other day a guy was so close I didn't even have room to turn around to move away from the counter. I wanted to *accidentally* barge into him and say 'Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were stood so close!', but he was about two feet taller than me and smelt of beer....

The mis-use of the word 'colleague'. 'This is a *colleague* announcement'. Or the door which used to be marked 'Staff' is now labelled 'colleagues'. I'm sure it's wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Radio shows. "Welcome to the show"; "on the show today..."

Sorry, I fail to see the problem here?!

Because it's radio. You're not 'showing' anybody anything, they can't see it. :D
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People running to the train whilst carrying their coffee shop drinks....the clue to why they're late is contained within!!

I very rarely see anyone running and shouting at the train driver to 'hold' without some coffee in their hands. It all looks a bit 'precious' and 'entitled' to me to be barging people out the way just because they couldn't live without their coffee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People running to the train whilst carrying their coffee shop drinks....the clue to why they're late is contained within!!

I very rarely see anyone running and shouting at the train driver to 'hold' without some coffee in their hands. It all looks a bit 'precious' and 'entitled' to me to be barging people out the way just because they couldn't live without their coffee.

Indeed. In fact, this whole 'I must always be seen carrying some kind of drink' winds me up no end.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Gig ghosts wrote: »
    People in this country who call their garages 'Carports':mad:
    Carport USUALLY means "garage without walls"
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Indeed. In fact, this whole 'I must always be seen carrying some kind of drink' winds me up no end.

Carrying a drink and bellowing into a phone usually.
  • Gig ghostsGig ghosts Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    riceuten wrote: »
    Carport USUALLY means "garage without walls"

Its still naff.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever I open a packet of pills, the damned annoying little folded up 'instruction' leaflet seems to be folded round the end of the pills at the side I open, so I need to pull it out and get rid of it before I can slide the blister pack of pills out. I NEVER seem to open the box at the other end and just ignore the paper.

I hope that makes sense...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    People who put their feet on the seats on buses and trains.

People who invade your personal 'space' when you are paying and packing for your stuff in the supermarket (trying to make you move so they can get served.)

People shouting into phones in public places, even worse when its in a foreign language.

People on facebook who go for a weekend away and put photos up of their evening meal, the hotel room, the view, the journey etc. Boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Whenever I open a packet of pills, the damned annoying little folded up 'instruction' leaflet seems to be folded round the end of the pills at the side I open, so I need to pull it out and get rid of it before I can slide the blister pack of pills out. I NEVER seem to open the box at the other end and just ignore the paper.

I hope that makes sense...

You are not alone. This may be just a personal obsession, but I also cut off the flaps of the box so that I'm not fumbling and frabbing whenever I need a tablet.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gig ghosts wrote: »
    Its still naff.

It's a roof over your car on stilts or attached to a wall, what would you call it? I'm sure you'd find someone calling just a roof 'a garage' naff too?
This discussion has been closed.