The Day the Immigrants Left - BBC1

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    What some people don't seem to realise is that for immigrants this is BIG money due to the standard/cost of living in their own country.

If Brits could go abroad and get paid £25/hr for picking fruit/veg then it would be interesting to perform a similar "experiment" with the locals in such a country. I would also imagine that those who would travel abroad for work are not typical of their country.

However, I didn't watch the programme so I don't know what agenda the impartial BBC will push.

It's on BBC1 now Tassium
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some days I feel ill, and some days I feel tired, and some days I don't feel motivated - but I still get my backside out of bed and go to work.....
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castanet wrote: »
    I find people like that totally exasperating.

Rang the company to say he couldn't attend because he'd been out the night before, didn't get in till midnight and then didn't feel well.

Hungover more like!! :mad:

You took the words right out my mouth!
  • Snow MartianSnow Martian Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    preston41 wrote: »
    Would it be real if it was more anti-immigration?

yes it would actaully, because MANY people in the town are unhappy at this invasion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, look. The BBC attempting to totally demonize white English people. What a shock. Of course they are featuring the most unsavoury white people they can find so they can keep rentlessly pushing their agenda.

I thought the White Season they did was bad enough. What IS their f***ing problem? They are totally obsessed with their pro-multicultralism to the point of looking like total t*ssers.

As a white working class licence fee payer I'm sick to the back teeth of this rubbish.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    i dont normally moan about what people have etc. But it really does annoy me when i see people who dont work have all the latest gadgets, large flat screen tv's in each room, sky + subs etc. It amazes me that they can afford all of this and be jobshy too.

I work a forty hour week in a reasonably well-paid job and I have none of those things :(
  • Snow MartianSnow Martian Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    starsburn wrote: »
    Oh, look. The BBC attempting to totally demonize white English people. What a shock. Of course they are featuring the most unsavoury white people they can find so they can keep rentlessly pushing their agenda.

I thought the White Season they did was bad enough. What IS their f***ing problem? They are totally obsessed.

As a white working class licence fee payer I'm sick to the back teeth of this rubbish.

Thankyou for saying that:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    That Lewis shouldn't be getting a penny in benefits....

Hear Hear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankyou for saying that:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I like to be edcuated about culture. I don't begrude people who end up here (the system, however, is another matter)...but the BBC's constant attempt to make me feel bad about my own heritage is laughable. At least it would be if it weren't so desperate.
    Forum Member
    preston41 wrote: »
    Unemployed 5 years and some jobs are beneath him he says, or words to that effect. He is certainly a catch.

I'd soon kick him into touch if I was his mother!! :mad:

No work ethic.
  • bunnydsbunnyds Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    i dont normally moan about what people have etc. But it really does annoy me when i see people who dont work have all the latest gadgets, large flat screen tv's in each room, sky + subs etc. It amazes me that they can afford all of this and be jobshy too.

What like that Somali woman?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to be edcuated about culture. I don't begrude people who end up here (the system, however, is another matter)...but the BBC's constant attempt to make me feel bad about my own heritage is laughable. At least it would be if it weren't so desperate.

It's no different to the press (e.g. the Daily Mail which I recall you being a big fan of) demonising immigrants.

Maybe this documentary is re-addressing the balance a bit ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really rooting for Ashley! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Ashely's trying....I like him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bloke at the indian restaurant was doing quite well, until he threw in the towel as soon as he got asked a difficult question.

At least he's making the effort though.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the restuarant owner is a nice guy....imagine gordon ramsey's reaction....there again gordon probably wouldnt have taken him on.
    Forum Member
    Silly idiot. If you don't know how to spell the word, ask another member of staff (or, even better, look at the menu and ask the customer who ordered it and he/she will point it out).

Use a bit of 'bloody' initiative instead of going outside for a cigarette!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaargh! :D
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    He's trying hard which is more than can be said for any of the others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought the White Season they did was bad enough. What IS their f***ing problem? They are totally obsessed with their pro-multicultralism to the point of looking like total t*ssers.

And as a white Englishman who actually works for a living, I'm sick to the back teeth of paying for lazy b*stards sitting on their backsides because they can't be arsed to work. This programme is making me so angry - and ashamed to be English.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bring myself to watch, frankly.

The BBC has become a total joke in recent years, pandering to middle-class retired folk and their prejudice.

I half expect a remake of "The Good Life" any day now.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So ashley wants a job that's easy, not challenging, he doesn't have to learn, and, that has no pressure - hmmmm
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesus he gave that a shot - not....i doubt there is a job which he would want...no doubt playing computer games at home. he has the cheek to eat there! The owner is truly the better guy there
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That restaurant guy is far too nice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's become a customer!

Nice to see Ashely's got some manners though and the restaurant owner.