Denise Van Outen

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch the interview and just saw the headline article in the DM, but did she seriously need to go on tv to talk about her relationship? I hope she was there to promote something else instead of a marriage.

There is such a thing as a family holiday.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultimatums wrote: »
    I didn't watch the interview and just saw the headline article in the DM, but did she seriously need to go on tv to talk about her relationship? I hope she was there to promote something else instead of a marriage.

There is such a thing as a family holiday.

BIB Whether the story about the state of her marriage is true or not she has made some dosh from the pictures in the press, more dosh from the TV appearance and got herself plenty of media publicity and all out of a story we have heard before. For DVO - mission accomplished.

Except that the we don't have a nanny, so we can't do things together makes her look beyond stupid.

Who says they have to gush on Twitter? It's easy enough to see they spend little time together. Also DVO lives her life through and makes cash through the DM. It's pretty easy to see they don't holiday together. She's always in the DM in her her bikini while on hols with her mates.

All-in-all I don't think she cares. If she were to separate/divorce would she care about Lee and Betsy or would she just sell the story with pics to the highest bidder?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS

Interestingly, on Twitter, I see she has a number of accounts all tweeting and retweeting the gospel according to DVO.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    BIB Whether the story about the state of her marriage is true or not she has made some dosh from the pictures in the press, more dosh from the TV appearance and got herself plenty of media publicity and all out of a story we have heard before. For DVO - mission accomplished.

Do people get paid to appear on daybreak/thismorning? I thought they were paid for magazine features and interviews but that tv appearances were kind of like a trade off. The tv programme gets a guest they hope will interest their viewers, and the 'star' gets to promote themselves and whatever their latest project is.

That was just my guess though, I'd be interested if anyone knew for sure?
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    PS

Interestingly, on Twitter, I see she has a number of accounts all tweeting and retweeting the gospel according to DVO.:rolleyes:

I find it interestng that there is absolutely no mention of his family on his official website, not even in the 'personal' section of the 'gallery'

http://www.leemead.co.uk/
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    I find it interestng that there is absolutely no mention of his family on his official website, not even in the 'personal' section of the 'gallery'

http://www.leemead.co.uk/

That is really not uncommon at all. Many celebs don't have any mention of their families on their websites.
    Forum Member
    really am veering towards all this being a set up to keep her mug in the paper......

good girl Denise... hold up your 'freebie' for the press.... make sure they get the shot with the paymasters name on :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2308319/Denise-Van-Outen-parties-husband-Lee-Mead---just-hours-dismissing-marriage-crisis-rumours.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really am veering towards all this being a set up to keep her mug in the paper......

good girl Denise... hold up your 'freebie' for the press.... make sure they get the shot with the paymasters name on :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2308319/Denise-Van-Outen-parties-husband-Lee-Mead---just-hours-dismissing-marriage-crisis-rumours.html
    After declaring she and her husband were forced to holiday separately because they didn’t have a nanny

oh dear
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The not going on holiday together because they don't have a nanny excuse is bull! Aren't they capable of taking their child on holiday with them? She should have just been honest and said they like the time alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    The not going on holiday together because they don't have a nanny excuse is bull! Aren't they capable of taking their child on holiday with them? She should have just been honest and said they like the time alone.

I agree .... just go with the husband and the child like normal families do

plus most couples can find someone to babysit so they can go to a party together, I'm sure they're not short of friends

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4885490/Denise-Van-Outen-Lee-and-I-holiday-apart-because-we-dont-have-a-nanny.html
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she and Lee had appeared together at that party/whatever it was then she would have been accused of putting on a show. In a way, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

However, her excuse of not having a nanny is one of the most ridiculous statements from a celebrity I've heard this year. And she should have left the leggings on for her Daybreak appearance - that is in no way the kind of outfit you'd expect anybody to be wearing in this weather!

And unfortunately I always think the media know way more than they let on. Like the whole One Direction/Radio 1 thing.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems wrong to continue questioning somebody's marriage, when they may just want to keep that side of their lives in the background, but the nanny comment s preposterous. Can't imagine how millions of 'ordinary' families manage without the aid of a nanny! And Denise only has one child, not a whole brood.
  • PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    It seems wrong to continue questioning somebody's marriage, when they may just want to keep that side of their lives in the background, but the nanny comment s preposterous. Can't imagine how millions of 'ordinary' families manage without the aid of a nanny! And Denise only has one child, not a whole brood.

Agreed. I just can't believe that she thought that she wouldn't be blasted for making such a stupid comment.

You would have thought that she would have been briefed by her PR machine beforehand. Mind boggling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of her many Twitter accounts is plugging her appearance in Fabulous magazine tomorrow. She's in her knickers and says she's broody. :rolleyes:

http://fabulousmag.co.uk/2013/04/11/this-weeks-cover-star-is-denise-van-outen/
    Forum Member
    One of her many Twitter accounts is plugging her appearance in Fabulous magazine tomorrow. She's in her knickers and says she's broody. :rolleyes:

http://fabulousmag.co.uk/2013/04/11/this-weeks-cover-star-is-denise-van-outen/

well she better find time to spend with her husband then :D
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well she better find time to spend with her husband then :D

Amazing how all this "speculation" happened right around the time that Denise has a one-woman show to publicise..

Someone much more suspicious than I might think that this has all been a profile raising agent for her.
    Forum Member
    Amazing how all this "speculation" happened right around the time that Denise has a one-woman show to publicise..

Someone much more suspicious than I might think that this has all been a profile raising agent for her.

the only thing that has me slightly veering towards their being trouble in the marriage is that he didn't show up for her final appearance in SCD, IIRC he didn't even do one of those sickly support messages (I could be wrong on that though) I'm sure Pantoland could have let him have compassionate leave to support his wife in her finest hour?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shouldn't that be freebies? It look like she has 3 bags while everyone else has one! Greedy Moo.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/12/article-2308319-19428472000005DC-748_306x626.jpg
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This bit made me go :eek:
    “If we had a nanny and we went away all the time together then people would criticise us for not taking our child with us.

Here's a thought, why not take your child on holiday with you and spend time together as a family? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    This bit made me go :eek:

Here's a thought, why not take your child on holiday with you and spend time together as a family? :confused:

maybe they have a really horrible child?
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe they have a really horrible child?

This did make me laugh :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »

So the reason they're on the rocks is because they don't get time to spend together and one of the reasons they don't get that time is because they refuse to use childcare? Well, why not start using childcare if that will help save the marriage then? Or am I missing something? :confused:
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    "Although Denise knows it's important for Lee to try and get work Stateside, she admits if he does get a job in Los Angeles she's not in a rush to relocate to the US.

She told the magazine: 'I wouldn't move. I personally couldn't live in LA...'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

Hmm. I still predict a split by the end of the year, sooner rather than later by the sounds of it.

And no, I'm not rubbing my hands with glee but I personally never did think this was going to work. Seven year age gap together with them appearing to have nothing in common was a non starter from the beginning really. Add in the fact they never seem to want to spend any time together.....:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    So the reason they're on the rocks is because they don't get time to spend together and one of the reasons they don't get that time is because they refuse to use childcare? Well, why not start using childcare if that will help save the marriage then? Or am I missing something? :confused:

BIB Yes! Denise Van Outen is using whatever the situation really is to get publicity!

Whatever is happening, it is so sad for her daughter. Her parents are never together, they never go on family holidays and her mother sells all their family business to the papers.