Options

Swedish government bought down by anti-immigration party.

BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EU Gauleiter will be sent to restore order
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SKIP, the scandinavian branch of ukip.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I think the current government and their insane immigration policy may have had something to do with it. And again the left confuse anti mass immigration with anti immigration, but hey ho.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I think the current government and their insane immigration policy may have had something to do with it. And again the left confuse anti mass immigration with anti immigration, but hey ho.

People here are fed up with the increasing influx of immigrants into towns large and small all over Sweden, thus the sudden increase in vote for the Swedish democrats (around 25% of the vote where I live!).

The Moderaterna where doing a fantastic job in all areas bar immigration. The new PM is clueless and started making changes that would reverse decades of good work. >:(

Edit: should add that the more recent immigrants (i.e middle east) do not integrate into Swedish society or respect our way of life. Also doesn't help that they have been a host of romanians either caught stealing or setting up shop outside many shops.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    And again the left confuse anti mass immigration with anti immigration, but hey ho.

It's perfectly possible to be against the policy, but critisise people for being anti the immigrants themselves!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as clear cut as it looks.
    The anti-immigration Sweden Democrats voted for the Oppositions budget (which also didn't have any major cuts in immigration support) instead of the government's one - designed by a coalition that excluded the SD. The vote was done deliberately to destabilise the government.

None of the main parties will include them in their policy work, and they're not looking likely to get more votes than they did a couple of months back - so what's the point other than to cause trouble?

If the Opposition wins or forms a new coalition (more probable), they'll introduce their own budget again, and won't include the SD. The SD will then only be able to vote the new budget down if they agree the old government's budget they just sabotaged.
    Either way they don't get what they wanted.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Oops. Trouble in paradise.
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put it past the Swedish sheeple voting in most of the same old mainstream parties again for further 'multicultural enrichment', but hey ho, maybe just maybe they'll vote in a Swedish Nationalist government, so the islamic invasion of Sweden can be stopped, and then reversed. We live in hope. :)
  • Options
    Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People here are fed up with the increasing influx of immigrants into towns large and small all over Sweden, thus the sudden increase in vote for the Swedish democrats (around 25% of the vote where I live!).

The Moderaterna where doing a fantastic job in all areas bar immigration. The new PM is clueless and started making changes that would reverse decades of good work. >:(

Edit: should add that the more recent immigrants (i.e middle east) do not integrate into Swedish society or respect our way of life. Also doesn't help that they have been a host of romanians either caught stealing or setting up shop outside many shops.

Do you think a new election will be called?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think a new election will be called?
    They've called it - March
  • Options
    AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good they can get rid of the useless feminist party.
  • Options
    iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put it past the Swedish sheeple voting in most of the same old mainstream parties again for further 'multicultural enrichment', but hey ho, maybe just maybe they'll vote in a Swedish Nationalist government, so the islamic invasion of Sweden can be stopped, and then reversed. We live in hope. :)

It's good that you are branching out with your interests and looking to European nations issues given that you and your party as so politically redundant in the UK :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I believe they were about to outlaw criticism of immigration. Ridiculous considering there are 55 areas the police won't go to due to 'cultural enrichment'. Sweden is a dangerous place and a bleak look into the UK's future if we don't take any action very quickly.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Social Democrat Prime Minister Stefan Löfven is pushing for increased spending on welfare and jobs and has pledged to maintain Sweden's liberal immigration laws in his budget.

The financial package is supported by the Green Party, which is the junior partner in Sweden's coalition.

But the nationalist Sweden Democrats have triggered a political crisis by announcing that they will block the government's budget and support a rival budget from Sweden’s centre-right opposition parties.

This would prevent Löfven's budget from getting enough support to be passed by parliament.

Well what does he expect?

If he's not willing to adapt to the changing political reality, then why should a party whose voters voted for less immigration support him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simsini wrote: »
    I believe they were about to outlaw criticism of immigration. Ridiculous considering there are 55 areas the police won't go to due to 'cultural enrichment'. Sweden is a dangerous place and a bleak look into the UK's future if we don't take any action very quickly.

He won't be happy until that beautiful Scandinavian country of the 70's is unrecognisable and has lost all it's distinct cultural identity. Does he really think there will be any place for well meaning middle class liberals in it?

I love the arguments they were having with the Denmark before Kinnock's daughter in law took over. At one point after criticism of Danish immigration policy by Sweden, the Danish minister told his Swedish counterpart that if they wanted to turn their cites in to ghettos they were welcome to do so, as Denmark would simply close the Oresund Bridge.
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good that you are branching out with your interests and looking to European nations issues given that you and your party as so politically redundant in the UK :)

Just expressing my support for our european cousins in Sweden to regain their country. As for the BNP, its just had a good conference, is unlike the LabConLibUKIP party is financially sound, with a new party leader and a common purpose. :p
  • Options
    pcawthronpcawthron Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweden must learn to be multicultural. It's a huge transformation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFE0qAiofMQ#t=52
  • Options
    Forum Member
    simsini wrote: »

The whole of Sweden is a dangerous place?? Where do you get this from? There are a handful of dodgy areas in the whole country- where immigrants have settled and stagnated. Have never felt so safe in any country I've visited as I do here.
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    The whole of Sweden is a dangerous place?? Where do you get this from? There are a handful of dodgy areas in the whole country- where immigrants have settled and stagnated. Have never felt so safe in any country I've visited as I do here.

Sweden has it's social problems like any other developed country in the west.
    But there has been a tendency by some on this fourm to suggest it's some kind of paradise.
    That is naive to say the least.

"The racial tensions behind Sweden’s idyllic facade"
    http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/6/sweden-refugees-racismstockholm.html
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    But there has been a tendency by some on this fourm to suggest it's some kind of paradise.
    ]

Really? Every time I see Sweden crop in this place it's on the receiving end of the resident far right nutjobs banging on about how it's an Orwellian/Communist prison camp. None of whom of course have been to the country but glean their fabulous insight from the Daily Mail and assorted loony American websites. Which they then duly post here. Endlessly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pcawthron wrote: »
    Sweden must learn to be multicultural. It's a huge transformation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFE0qAiofMQ#t=52

First comment was, "What about Israel becoming multicultural".

I don't think Europe should learn to be multicultural, we should instead enforce integration and dramatically reduce the numbers of permanent settlements while setting quotas to each country for diversity reasons. We should also refuse citizenship to any one who is not fully integrated. Our real problem is the liberal elite that has opened our borders and championed multiculturalism to force something on the majority of the population that it does not want.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh those little Swedeners and their xenophobia.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,432
    Forum Member
    Swedish government bought down by anti-immigration party.

Election just been called.

http://www.thelocal.se/20141203/swedens-budget-no-deal-between-parties

The title of the thread is somewhat of an oversimplification of what's going on in Sweden. I've been reading Expressen online tonight (see http://www.expressen.se/) and it's more complex than that. From what I read, I gather that the moderate opposition parties (not the Sverigedemokraterna lot) were expecting dialogue and compromise over budgetary issues and other matters rather than a precipitative election but an election there will be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    onecitizen wrote: »
    That is naive to say the least.

"The racial tensions behind Sweden’s idyllic facade"
    http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/6/sweden-refugees-racismstockholm.html

Have you lived here so you can make a true opinion? I've lived here for 3 years and the quality of life is much better than the average person has in the uk. The linked article is not entirely accurate on several points. The reason why immigrants are having a shit time here is the cold, the darkness, and their unwillingness to integrate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you lived here so you can make a true opinion? I've lived here for 3 years and the quality of life is much better than the average person has in the uk. The linked article is not entirely accurate on several points. The reason why immigrants are having a shit time here is the cold, the darkness, and their unwillingness to integrate.

So why do they stay?