Lettice Rowbotham

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone read the Daily Fail today?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2609872/Undiscovered-talent-BGT-violinist-studied-Royal-College-Music-played-Prince-Charles-mothers-art-collected-Royal-Family.html

Great article on Lettice who's really quite successful in her own right. She's already known to Syco.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Anyone read the Daily Fail today?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2609872/Undiscovered-talent-BGT-violinist-studied-Royal-College-Music-played-Prince-Charles-mothers-art-collected-Royal-Family.html

Great article on Lettice who's really quite successful in her own right. She's already known to Syco.

Shes rich and she has experience. According to how its written she shouldnt be allowed to enter. She might be known to ppl in the industry but she isnt famous. She knows Matt Cardle and didnt name drop him pre show. Shes v talented and deserves her place on the show.

At least ppl cant say shes after the money :p
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was hilarious, and brilliant... But I'm totally shocked no one on here was pointing out how pissed she seemed :o I caught a bit of This Morning an she was on it, was exactly the same. Totally insane but great girl I think!
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was hilarious, and brilliant... But I'm totally shocked no one on here was pointing out how pissed she seemed :o I caught a bit of This Morning an she was on it, was exactly the same. Totally insane but great girl I think!

I dont think so. It's just the way her personality is which is why she is very popular.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to school with Lettice, and how she was on the show is exactly how she is in real life. She's a lovely girl, absolutely hilarious with a big heart. She was very kind to me when I was going through some tough times. Her family are bonkers too, but very generous. I hope she does well, she's humble and it's very nice to see her get some public recognition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to school with Lettice, and how she was on the show is exactly how she is in real life. She's a lovely girl, absolutely hilarious with a big heart. She was very kind to me when I was going through some tough times. Her family are bonkers too, but very generous. I hope she does well, she's humble and it's very nice to see her get some public recognition.

Really nice to hear.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was really entertaining, and has a great deal of talent.

Did not like her at all. Too gimmicky, too messy, too 'You liked it? aw shucks thanks'.....I'm basically not a fan of the violin being played like this, I hate this beautiful instrument played screechingly loud and tunelessly. I'm a professional violinist/violist myself and I guess I'm just a purist - I don't even like Nigel Kennedy doing his Hendrix or Doors stuff but at least he lets the instrument do the work rather than using it as a prop a la Lettice.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Did not like her at all. Too gimmicky, too messy, too 'You liked it? aw shucks thanks'.....I'm basically not a fan of the violin being played like this, I hate this beautiful instrument played screechingly loud and tunelessly. I'm a professional violinist/violist myself and I guess I'm just a purist - I don't even like Nigel Kennedy doing his Hendrix or Doors stuff but at least he lets the instrument do the work rather than using it as a prop a la Lettice.

And there was me thinking that I was the only one distinctly unimpressed with her. :D
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was rubbish and fake.

Didn't she claim she was still drunk from the night before? Well I hope she didn't drive herself. Drink driving is disgusting.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,663
    Forum Member
    She was rubbish and fake.

Didn't she claim she was still drunk from the night before? Well I hope she didn't drive herself. Drink driving is disgusting.
    I didn't particularly like her either, but I see no reason to assume she had been drink-driving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I didn't particularly like her either, but I see no reason to assume she had been drink-driving.

And there was me expecting the usual old chestnut 'You're just jealous'....

I thought she displayed poor deportment for a musician and looked as though she was busting to go to the toilet. Too messy and too unsettled.

Nope. She is yet one more who has not convinced me that the violin should be abused in this way.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I saw her on This Morning, she could barely string a sentence together with all the guffawing and yah yah yah's, irritating.
    I'm sure she's a lovely friend but a TV personality, no.

My dear mum would've said she was 'affected'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    I saw her on This Morning, she could barely string a sentence together with all the guffawing and yah yah yah's, irritating.
    I'm sure she's a lovely friend but a TV personality, no.

My dear mum would've said she was 'affected'

Team her on the This Morning couch with Stacey Solomon and you'd have ten minutes of total incoherency.

And I like Stacey :).
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you also educated in Purcell School for Young Musicians?
    I went to school with Lettice.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I am sorry I didn't rate her at all. I thought what she performed was very strange.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suniil wrote: »
    you also educated in Purcell School for Young Musicians?

Yep! She was only there for one year though. Really nice girl, totally harmless. She got a lot of stick for her personality and not being deemed serious about music, but I always liked her and she is serious about music, just in a different way from the rest of us. She's found her own path and has success in her own right, so I'm glad she's getting recognition now, after the teasing she got at school. She never fought back, kept her dignity and continued having fun and doing what she loves!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! She was only there for one year though. Really nice girl, totally harmless. She got a lot of stick for her personality and not being deemed serious about music, but I always liked her and she is serious about music, just in a different way from the rest of us. She's found her own path and has success in her own right, so I'm glad she's getting recognition now, after the teasing she got at school. She never fought back, kept her dignity and continued having fun and doing what she loves!

Good to read this. Hope that she will make it to the final.
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, Personality! Daughter also goes there as well.

No surprise, Lettice must be good as she must have spent most of her life practicing her instrument.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen her on YT, what a hottie :blush::D