Options

Are some of the backstage 'acts' just fillers?

BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
Forum Member
✭✭
I have seen so many performers backstage and in other waiting areas that have not been on the stage, and some of them look like they'd at least be somewhat entertaining. Do you think every person/group we see backstage is real, as in 'really' there to audition, or do they just get people to dress in silly/gaudy get-ups to make us think we'll eventually see those in the show?

I can't think of anyone specifically, but every night that I've watched I can recall saying 'why haven't we seen THEM?' when the camera is panning backstage or in the crowds or other areas.

Comments

• Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right, there seem to be lots of people in gaudy, sparkly stage-style outfits that we don’t see. But then we have a load of foreign artistes.......all discovered by the BGT crews. I saw last week’s trio of stilleto’d guys about a fortnight ago on youtube.....and I thought it was a matter of time before they appeared on BGT. Hahaha, I was right! lol
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always see a lad wrapping his legs around the back of his head. He has been in the background of at least 3 audition shows but never seen on stage.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I realize they can't show us every audition, but if they had less filler garbage, maybe we could see some of these acts, good or bad. :)