Options

I can't use my Nokia 6300

PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
Forum Member
I have some really good text messages - good jokes, texts from old friends I probably won't see again, fascinating texts. It's more like an album of memories.

Anyway, having saved up 300 texts, it seems the phone is now full up. I am not allowed to receive any more texts or e-mails until I delete the texts I already have on the phone. So in other words, the phone is pretty much useless to me now.

The option to transfer texts via bluetooth or memory card is not available. The only option appears to be that horrible PC Suite rubbish, which I have tried to use without success. During 90% of my attempts, only a quarter of the texts would appear transferable and when I was able to transfer a few of them, it only moved the titles of the texts and not the content or dates and times.

So now, my 6300 is like a museum piece, sitting on the side all day long, looking pretty. I'm having to use an older phone now, while I live in the hope that one day, I can find a way to transfer the texts properly, so the dates, message details and full content of each text remains.

I could copy them out one by one on paper or PC, but half the fun is browsing through the phone. There must be another efficient way of doing this?

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    you have stopped using your phone because it's full of text messages.....

i see.

is this a wind up??? are the none of the 300 that you could delete???

PC suite works very well. perhaps someone could help you.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I have to say I thought it was a wind-up as well. PC Suite is incredibly easy, just connect your phone and voila! your messages appear under the picture of your phone. Click on one and the messaging program will open ready to transfer, edit or whatever you want to do.

Or why not forward any you want to keep to another handset.

I can never believe the number of people who never backup their contacts, messages etc.