Options

Cybermen (spoilers)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Where they Cybus or Mondasian?
Because River Mentions cyber ships when reeling off the list if villians who hovering over the world

Comments

• Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They looked Cybus. I suppose that means River has encountered Cybus Cybermen with Cyberships before.
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No real need for spolier tags the episode aired 4 hours ago.

I posted this question in the episode threed after the episode had aired because although they look like the Cybus Cybermen (complete with logo), the Cybus Cybermen were only human brains impanted into metal suits, where here they had a whole head converted.Which I think is closer to the Whoniverse Cybermen. But they mention that all dimentions are being affected by the cracks, so they are probs ment to be the Cybusmen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    ah right

only put in spoilers due to some people may have recorded it to watch later

maybe the cybus/modasian met off screen and teamed up against the Doctor :P or is too fan-ish

i did think mondasian due to the skull falling out of the head
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    They had the 'C' on their chest like the Cybus cybermen, and talked like the Cybus ones. I'm wondering where they got ships from though.

The head inside the helmet bit doesn't contract it. If you look at Torchwood's 'Cyberwoman', she was having all her body covered in the armour, before it assumedly devoured parts of her body to become the stringy substance 10 pulls out of one of the Cybusman he kills after accidently reactivating their emotions. Doesn't mean the head wouldn't necessarily remain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ah right

only put in spoilers due to some people may have recorded it to watch later

maybe the cybus/modasian met off screen and teamed up against the Doctor :P or is too fan-ish

i did think mondasian due to the skull falling out of the head

I prefer the idea of the Cybusmen and Cybermen combining their knowledge and experience, defeating the Cybermen's weakness of silver and adding Cyberships and a change in design such as the skull falling out. Ah who knows, I assume so far we're meant to expect it to be Cybus ones. Quite where they came from though I don't know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spence1115 wrote: »
    They had the 'C' on their chest like the Cybus cybermen, and talked like the Cybus ones. I'm wondering where they got ships from though.

The head inside the helmet bit doesn't contract it. If you look at Torchwood's 'Cyberwoman', she was having all her body covered in the armour, before it assumedly devoured parts of her body to become the stringy substance 10 pulls out of one of the Cybusman he kills after accidently reactivating their emotions. Doesn't mean the head wouldn't necessarily remain.

It was said in 'Cyberwoman' that the reason Lisa was converted like that and not the normal Cybus removal of the brain process is because during the battle with the Daleks, things were getting so bad they became desperate enough to start coverting whole bodies to save time and resources.

I surpose it could be possible that the Cybermen in the cave was converted the same way.

Added: Also if they are the Cybusmen they seem to have gained the power of time travel as remember that those Cybermen didn't arrive in the Whoniverse untill 2007, although they may have fell through time like in The Next Doctor to Roman times.
  • Options
    bazpabazpa Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Does it have to be the Cybus logo though? Why can't it be a C for Cybermen logo which just happens to look like the Cybus logo
  • Options
    MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »
    Added: Also if they are the Cybusmen they seem to have gained the power of time travel as remember that those Cybermen didn't arrive in the Whoniverse untill 2007, although they may have fell through time like in The Next Doctor to Roman times.
    All of the aliens featured were ones whose battles with the Doctor had taken place long after the Roman era, so yeah there has to be some time-travel going on. We know that both the Daleks and the Sontarans have the power of time-travel to some degree, so they're presumably sharing it with the other members of the alliance.

So with that in mind, these Cybermen could be Cybusmen from far in the future, long after they've established their own empire with planets colonised, fleets of spaceships, etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bazpa wrote: »
    Does it have to be the Cybus logo though? Why can't it be a C for Cybermen logo which just happens to look like the Cybus logo

Because as far as I know, the Cybermen never had the C on their chest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly Cybus. They have the big C, and they had the line about the threat caused by the exploding Tardis being a universe crossing event.

Given that the Cybus Cybermen are that powerful now, I seriously hope that means Rose has been asimilated. Yay, no more bad acting waiting to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    agent_c wrote: »
    Clearly Cybus. They have the big C, and they had the line about the threat caused by the exploding Tardis being a universe crossing event.

Given that the Cybus Cybermen are that powerful now, I seriously hope that means Rose has been asimilated. Yay, no more bad acting waiting to happen.

Cyber10.5?
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually, the stringy stuff tennant pulled out was brain tissue which the cybermen had removed from the human and put into the cybermen.

It was mentioned that the full body conversion in Torchwood was the first ever attempt at doing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cyber10.5?

which could account for them knowing what it would take to contain the Doctor....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikkyh wrote: »
    Actually, the stringy stuff tennant pulled out was brain tissue which the cybermen had removed from the human and put into the cybermen.

It was mentioned that the full body conversion in Torchwood was the first ever attempt at doing it.

Fair enough. It has been a while, hard to remember.