X Factor USA Judges:- Battle of the Girls - Who should get the job?

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So there has been rumours for months of who will join Simon and Demi on the X Factor USA panel and now it looks like 2 females are going to join the panel, meaning a female ratio of 3:1 for the first time in Talent show history. It is safe to say those with the biggest record sales and star power actually don;t make the best judges, with falling ratings in both X Factor and American and also a gradual decline in The Voice as well.

Therefore X Factor is apparently looking for judges who are good mentors, have experience in the business and are committed to working on the show, giving both good comments and have personality on the camera, so who should join X Factor USA. With the 2 names say why you believe they would be the best fit.

Kelly Rowland
Cheryl Cole
Paulina Rubio
Hilary Duff
Faith Hill
Jennifer Love Hewitt

This seems to be the final list, so who will get the final 2 spots or do you think Ne-Yo will come in and take one of the places. Who should get it and why.

Who should get the final 2 sports on X Factor USA ? 133 votes

Kelly Rowland
41% 55 votes
Hilary Duff
9% 13 votes
Jennifer Love Hewitt
4% 6 votes
Paulina Rubio
4% 6 votes
Faith Hill
6% 9 votes
Cheryl Cole
33% 44 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Jennifer Love Hewitt is filming a show called the client list so I doubt it will be her. A lot of reports are saying it's between Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kelly has it tbh.
    JLH could`ve been interesting i think

If Demi wasn`t on the panel i`d Love Hilary Duff but with Demi also being a young Disney kid i can`t see that happening (imo) i would`ve replace Demi with Hilary :)
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first, as I was under the impresion that Kelly would get the final female place available, I was fully against her getting the job because I feel as though that place belongs to Cheryl. Now that it's looking likely we're going to get a female strong panel, I am not entirely against Kelly's supposed hiring. I think Kelly is a sensible choice; not the best choice, but without a doubt an OK choice. She seems to be relatively popular in the US and is quite a current artist who not only has scored hits in the recent years, but also enjoyed global sucess on a huge level whilst being a part of DC. While I don't think Kelly showed her full potential on the UK X Factor, I think she could prove popular on home ground. She's not a huge name in the states, but not a major degrade from a name like Britney Spears. She'll also have good chemistry with the other judges because she is a strong feisty character. With her experience as a mentor, I think the contestants could really benefit and learn from her.

As for the second place, I obviously want Cheryl Cole to get the job. She's perfect for the role and fits incredibly well into the new job description issued by fox producers for Season 3. She's not a big name in America which creates a buzz surrounding the fact that someone fresh would be debuting on American television in a full time capacity (not just three days like before). We know her and Simon have amazing chemistry and despite what has happened in the past between the pair, I doubt highly that the chemistry is gone. Regardless of what happens, if people have chemistry then that sticks around. Cheryl and Demi would work perfectly together with their banter and their ganging up on Simon and I would imagine they'd get on very well; bringing potentially an element of comedy to the panel. Cheryl is well qualified for the job also as she knows the show better than most. She's a fantastic mentor and comes across great on television.

In my opinion Simon, Demi, Cheryl and Kelly would the best judging panel's on US television. Simon would be in his element with three females and I would think the chemistry between them all would be great. The excitement surrounding Cheryl's return and the chemistry alone I think would bump up the ratings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly has an album to push. She would be stupid to take the job. Her biggest mistake with her last album was lack of promotion. This album seems to be a game changer for her and if she it's her music career aside to take this, she is an idiot. She should be preparing a tour and focusing on her album. This show has been a big fat failure. Why do something beneath you when something better, that is her passion, is waiting in the wings?
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Kelly has an album to push. She would be stupid to take the job. Her biggest mistake with her last album was lack of promotion. This album seems to be a game changer for her and if she it's her music career aside to take this, she is an idiot. She should be preparing a tour and focusing on her album. This show has been a big fat failure. Why do something beneath you when something better, that is her passion, is waiting in the wings?
    Her Album is out In June I think and X Factor is not on till Winter period I know auditions start soon but I'm sure she could work around audition dates to promote the Album if she becomes a judge.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone of them apart from Kelly.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Her Album is out In June I think and X Factor is not on till Winter period I know auditions start soon but I'm sure she could work around audition dates to promote the Album if she becomes a judge.

I agree with this. her album is out June 18 so she has time to promote and joining XF means more promotion too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hi Everyojne - my first time posting so bear with me.

I think Kelly and Faith Hill would be good additions to the panel. Faith because she brings years of musical experience and has the crossover of both country and pop and Kelly because she was an excellent mentor and judge on the UK version and the American audience will more "get her". She was a member of one of the biggest girl groups on the planet and would do really well mentoring the groups. She would also help bring in the more "urban" audience
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly and Paulina- I think the show needs a Latin music based judge, and of course I LOVE Kelly Rowland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bownskin wrote: »
    Hi Everyojne - my first time posting so bear with me.

I think Kelly and Faith Hill would be good additions to the panel. Faith because she brings years of musical experience and has the crossover of both country and pop and Kelly because she was an excellent mentor and judge on the UK version and the American audience will more "get her". She was a member of one of the biggest girl groups on the planet and would do really well mentoring the groups. She would also help bring in the more "urban" audience

Kelly was a terrible mentor, didn't she fly back to America for over a week because she was 'sick'. And you could tell that she favourited Misha B over her other girls.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Kelly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Kelly and Cheryl as judges, I loved Kelly as a judge on the UK show and I think if the whole Misha B thing never happened everyone would still like her here too.

Its funny, if you read this forum it looks like Cheryl is hated on here, yet on numerous polls she actually always does well, yet she has so little vocal support, it is strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Cheryl's in Cannes on Saturday, does that rule out X Factor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikedoc90 wrote: »

Not necessarily, what date do auditions start again?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikedoc90 wrote: »

No. Filming begins on Tuesday, so she has plenty of time to attend Cannes and then fly back out to America.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    No. Filming begins on Tuesday, so she has plenty of time to attend Cannes and then fly back out to America.

Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. Hopeful the panel is Cheryl, Demi, Simon and Kelly :)
    Forum Member
    Kelly was a terrible mentor, didn't she fly back to America for over a week because she was 'sick'. And you could tell that she favourited Misha B over her other girls.

.. and what, Cheryl was good was she!!! Like Cheryl favoured Cher!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was actually Cheryl's other act Rebecca Ferguson who came second so Cheryl couldn't have been treating her too badly. And yeah I do think she was a great judge and mentor hence why her acts won two years in a row.
    Forum Member
    It was actually Cheryl's other act Rebecca Ferguson who came second so Cheryl couldn't have been treating her too badly. And yeah I do think she was a great judge and mentor hence why her acts won two years in a row.

.. I know exactly who came second and it was through no help of Cheryl for sure. Cheryl did not care about anyone but Cher and the other mad one and it was only because Rebecca was so good a singer she came second. You think she was great judge/mentor, I don't so go figure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who is doing rather well in the US...
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it it's a boy and a girl I hope it's Kelly and Ne-Yo but if it's two girls I hope it's Kelly and Cheryl.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly and Faith Hill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paulina RWHObio?
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paulina RWHObio?