Options

I'm a budding 'Youtube-er' and want to have a good video recorder

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
Forum Member
Is there any good video recording software that I could download for Windows 8 anywhere? (Ideally it could use filters but not bothered if it cant). Want to record stuff and then put it onto YouTube but with YouCam which came with my laptop it's not the best quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any good video recording software that I could download for Windows 8 anywhere? (Ideally it could use filters but not bothered if it cant). Want to record stuff and then put it onto YouTube but with YouCam which came with my laptop it's not the best quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

As in record broadcasts and upload them to YouTube?

Well that would be illegal, you'd have your videos taken down and your account closed with possible legal action taken against you, it also wouldn't make you a YouTuber because to be one, you have to upload original content
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »

Well that would be illegal, you'd have your videos taken down and your account closed with possible legal action taken against you, it also wouldn't make you a YouTuber because to be one, you have to upload original content

I want to record myself playing the guitar and then upload it onto YouTube. I'm afraid you got the wrong end of the stick sir.
  • Options
    mici01mici01 Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid you got the wrong end of the stick sir.

And I'm afraid you're in the completely wrong Thread.;-)
    You're in the Satellite section, this thread is about Satellite TV (Sky, Freesat and other).
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to record myself playing the guitar and then upload it onto YouTube. I'm afraid you got the wrong end of the stick sir.

When you post this on Satelite Technical you would understand why I got the wrong end of the stick.

Personally, I'd recommend saving up to get yourself a decent camera and audio gear, it's totally worth the money compared to the quality of a webcam.

Also, get some little gigs and build a following, it's much easier to grow big and earn on YouTube when you have a decent following to begin with, even if it's just 100 people, it's a lot easier than starting with none!
  • Options
    ab48ukab48uk Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'd recommend saving up to get yourself a decent camera and audio gear, it's totally worth the money compared to the quality of a webcam.
    All very good advice, especially this paragraph. Obviously you need really good audio quality, perhaps using a separate portable recorder. I can personally recommend the Tascam DR-40, for around £150. You could place it on a small tripod just out of shot and the results - subject to the quality settings and room acoustics - will be superb.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member

So, just out of interest, if I "catch-up" with some footie on UT, (screen-grabs of MOTD for e.g.) is whoever has uploaded it, risking their account etc.?
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    CRTHD wrote: »
    So, just out of interest, if I "catch-up" with some footie on UT, (screen-grabs of MOTD for e.g.) is whoever has uploaded it, risking their account etc.?

Only if the Premier League (or other football body) choose to serve Youtube with a copyright infringement notice and Worldwide block on your video, which they often do. Formula One do that too, but TV companies themselves, and many other organizations who own the copyright (including to music) generally prefer to leave your video up, as they can earn money from it instead.

One Worldwide copyright block (or takedown notice) won't kill your account but three strikes, and I think you are out. So it's important not to mess with the copyright owners who do Worldwide blocks or takedowns.