Vampire Diaries S6 - US Pace Discussion

Comments

• ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Damon appeared to Stefan first, I actually thought he was going to turn up and see Elena with that guy lol

No Enzo :(
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I'm glad Damon appeared to Stefan first, I actually thought he was going to turn up and see Elena with that guy
    That'll happen soon enough, and boy is he (Damon) going to be in for a surprise. Elena has no feelings for him anymore; they're all switched off. She's now in with her new guy, and I doubt Damon is going to be too fond of that.

Chances Damon will snap another neck? Chances also that Elena will have her memory back by the time this season concludes? Also, Elena's type is the Hero Type? Uhm, since when have Stefan and Damon been Heroes?
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    But that bromance moment :cry::blush:

I loved it, looking forward to his reunion with Alaric, hope that is as good...also with Enzo when they rescue him not interested in his reunion with Elena at all they could cut her from the entire programme and I wouldn't miss her at all
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Okay, so 6x05 has certainly picked up the pace.

Damon is back, Bonnie is not - I didn't get that though, Bonnie said "it's too late for me" yet apparently, you can't die there - so how is it too late? - Likewise, if Bonnie's blood was all that was needed, and Kai could steal the magic, why didn't he just kill her and take her blood?

I suspect we'll be seeing Bonnie again though, there's got to be another way in or out of that prison, that's even if that device can't be fixed. Furthermore, our new doctor can't be compelled, so she's likely on vervain and has some connection to the new vampire hunter.

I thought also that the scenes between Liv and Tyler were ... strong - especially with what she did for him - but then I'd have thought Elena (or Alaric) would have been able to reach the crash site and rescue that dying kid - just follow the tyre tracks?

Still, a good episode (by comparison to the rest this season, thus one is the best yet) and headed in a positive direction. Looks like the show has found it's feet.

Agree. THe show finally seems to know where it is going and that they have a plan which seemed to lack in the last season. The pacing and everything with it just seems so much more reminiscant of S1-3 and I'm enjoying it. The last 2 weeks have been cracking episodes.
    Alaric has his self doubts and seems to want to ruin all that is good for him just so he can wallow in self pity and drink.

Liv, in this episode, really stood out for me. I now actually feel like I care about her and felt really sorry for her. It's funny because seeing her so cut up about killing that kid is in stark contrast to Ivy who, having just turned, seemed not too fussed about snapping Carolines neck and killing the driver and (almost killing) the kid who Tyler hit. I just felt with her that even for a newly turned you would feel some remorse and doubt about snapping someones neck at least. but I really liked Livs side and actually grew fond of her and Tyler (who also isn't as bad as once before now he seems more settled and less shoe horned in)

Elena just seems more fun and it's nice to see her having a good time and smiling again but she isn't setting the world alight either.
    Bonnie will be back somehow and I'm sure Kai will be too. THat much is a given. Q.. How long has Kai been in there though? Since 94 when he killed the family? So he spent 20 years in solitary confinement? No wonder he is loopy, he hasn't even seen the internet lol He is missing out...

As for Damon? Dat ending.... :cry::D:cry::D
    Masterpiece. I say a masterpiece and I'm glad he came out to Stefan first considering he seems to be in the worst place atm without him. I'm so looking forward to seeing Enzo get saved by Damon and see him again and don't even get me started on Damon pulling up a chair beside Alaric and ordering a Scotch or summat. :D:D::cry::cry:

Cracking episode.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Agree. The show finally seems to know where it is going and that they have a plan which seemed to lack in the last season. The pacing and everything with it just seems so much more reminiscent of S1-3 and I'm enjoying it. The last 2 weeks have been cracking episodes.
    Alaric has his self doubts and seems to want to ruin all that is good for him just so he can wallow in self pity and drink.

Liv, in this episode, really stood out for me. I now actually feel like I care about her and felt really sorry for her. It's funny because seeing her so cut up about killing that kid is in stark contrast to Ivy who, having just turned, seemed not too fussed about snapping Caroline's neck and killing the driver and (almost killing) the kid who Tyler hit. I just felt with her that even for a newly turned you would feel some remorse and doubt about snapping someone's neck at least. but I really liked Livs side and actually grew fond of her and Tyler (who also isn't as bad as once before now he seems more settled and less shoe horned in)

Elena just seems more fun and it's nice to see her having a good time and smiling again but she isn't setting the world alight either.
    Bonnie will be back somehow and I'm sure Kai will be too. That much is a given. Q.. How long has Kai been in there though? Since 94 when he killed the family? So he spent 20 years in solitary confinement? No wonder he is loopy, he hasn't even seen the internet lol He is missing out...

As for Damon? Dat ending.... :cry::D:cry::D
    Masterpiece. I say a masterpiece and I'm glad he came out to Stefan first considering he seems to be in the worst place atm without him. I'm so looking forward to seeing Enzo get saved by Damon and see him again and don't even get me started on Damon pulling up a chair beside Alaric and ordering a Scotch or summat. :D:D::cry::cry:

Cracking episode.

Perfectly said!

Couldn't have said it any better if I tried. :)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Perfectly said!

Couldn't have said it any better if I tried. :)

Agreed, great summation:D
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By far the best episode of the season, that last scene!! It's brilliant that he went to see Stefan first considering he is the person who is in the worst spot. Alaric is too, but it seems like he has people looking after him, Stefan has no one and the person he does have (Caroline), he is trying to avoid. And Elena's memory is obviously gone so she's in an OK place, infact, it's the time I have seen her the most positive since she has become a vamp.

Dare I say, I think the ending scene was my favourite moment of the show completely! We have never seen Stefan like that before with that emotion.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I find is that everyone is looking to Stefan and wanting his help but nobody is actually asking him how he is doing. Alaric is mad because he stopped looking. Caroline is mad because he won't go out with her and he moved away. Elena doesn't care because she thinks they are just friends and she is busy chasing tail. Nobody has actually asked how he is taking it and just thinks he should be there to help them through it. Probably why that scene was so good because it was allowing Stefan to open up and show a bit of emotion and come to terms with where he is without Damon. Something nobody else is willing to help HIM with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    The thing I find is that everyone is looking to Stefan and wanting his help but nobody is actually asking him how he is doing. Alaric is mad because he stopped looking. Caroline is mad because he won't go out with her and he moved away. Elena doesn't care because she thinks they are just friends and she is busy chasing tail. Nobody has actually asked how he is taking it and just thinks he should be there to help them through it. Probably why that scene was so good because it was allowing Stefan to open up and show a bit of emotion and come to terms with where he is without Damon. Something nobody else is willing to help HIM with.

I don't think I ever even considered half of that, I just assumed the writers were portraying him as an unfeeling jerk who was so used to trying to move on that this was him now.

I might cry :cry::blush:

Saying that, though, I really hope they build on the bromance some and don't just kick it to the curb. This show became more about playing for shocks than relationship building and I really hope they've decided to turn it around.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I loved the ending with Stefan and Damon. The show really needed that moment. So far this season is definitely better than the last one. Hope it continues this way.
    :)
    Forum Member
    This is troubling; I was thinking about the Originals earlier, specifically Davina trying to cut the ties between the Vampire Lines (so that Klaus can die, and Marcel remains alive). My line of thought then took me to the Vampire Diaries.

A little History lesson (feel free to correct me, anyone)

Katherine was turned by Klaus
    Stefan was turned by Katherine
    Damon was turned by Stefan
    Caroline was turned by Damon

When Katherine died, shouldn't Stefan, Damon and Caroline also have perished? If I am wrong about any of this, one thing I am certain of is that it was Damon who turned Caroline, so when he did die, shouldn't Caroline have died shortly after?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is troubling; I was thinking about the Originals earlier, specifically Davina trying to cut the ties between the Vampire Lines (so that Klaus can die, and Marcel remains alive). My line of thought then took me to the Vampire Diaries.

When Katherine died, shouldn't Stefan, Damon and Caroline also have perished? If I am wrong about any of this, one thing I am certain of is that it was Damon who turned Caroline, so when he did die, shouldn't Caroline have died shortly after?

Katherine was turned by Rose who was turned by a never seen character called scary Mary, and it was never confirmed which original turned her, if I'm remembering this correctly. It's only if the original dies that the line dies.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the Season 3 episode 'Before Sunset', Klaus confirmed that he was the progenitor of the bloodline so he was the one who turned Mary Porter. If he died so would the rest of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Katherine turned Damon. As for the bloodline, the two answers up above cover that. Katherine was not an Original, as in the originator of the entire line. Her death affects nothing and she was human/traveller/in Elena at the time.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

No it is not the maker / sire of that vamp it is the Original of the line so Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah
    Forum Member
    Ah, well thanks all for clearing that up. I knew that Katherine wasn't an Original, just for some backward reason I suddenly thought that any vampire of the line that died would result in the demise of that entire line.
    Forum Member
    Well big turn of events there...
    Did TVD did write itself into a bit of a corner now, as with what happened to Ric - there is a way to cure vampires now - recreate how they died and save them at the point of death once in Mystic Falls (if I watched it right).
    Which also means - they have a way to kill any original vampire, will they conveniently leave that bit out? Or is this going to be tied in at some point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably in the minority by now, but by gum, just let Damon and Elena be together. We had pretty much a four year flirt, then about three episodes of them being a couple and ever since then the writers have done nothing but break them up. It's frustrating in a show that's already frustrating (though it is trying this season).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the originals are out of the show and are meant to be forgotten about.
    What im wanting to know about this episode is that doctor, if shes a witch how did she cross the border and not get striped of magic? or are witchs safe to go in mystic falls? If shes not a witch how did she avoid being compelled, unless shes on vervain but i feel like thiers more to her then that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Pretty sure the originals are out of the show and are meant to be forgotten about.
    What im wanting to know about this episode is that doctor, if shes a witch how did she cross the border and not get striped of magic? or are witchs safe to go in mystic falls? If shes not a witch how did she avoid being compelled, unless shes on vervain but i feel like thiers more to her then that.

Apparently witches can't be compelled, which I totally forgot about tbh. I image they are also safe to cross the border because it wouldn't revert them to a dead state, as it does vampires. Basically, anyone who has died and become a vamp will die by the original death cause. Jeremy, who is still sort of magic I guess, seems able to hop in and out and not suffer, which is a little annoying considering he has been brought back to life with magic several times, as has Matt and now Alaric.

But I guess the writers figured that didn't matter.
    Forum Member
    Apparently witches can't be compelled, which I totally forgot about tbh. I image they are also safe to cross the border because it wouldn't revert them to a dead state, as it does vampires. Basically, anyone who has died and become a vamp will die by the original death cause. Jeremy, who is still sort of magic I guess, seems able to hop in and out and not suffer, which is a little annoying considering he has been brought back to life with magic several times, as has Matt and now Alaric.

But I guess the writers figured that didn't matter.

Those convenient loopholes they are creating are going to annoy me intensely.
    Still better than the previous season though :)
    Forum Member
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Did TVD did write itself into a bit of a corner now, as with what happened to Ric - there is a way to cure vampires now - recreate how they died and save them at the point of death once in Mystic Falls (if I watched it right).
    I think it very much depends on how they originally died. If they were stabbed and bled out, or were ill, then it's quite possible they can be saved. However, if (like Ivy) their neck was snapped, it's unlikely they're coming back.

It would seem that all of the current vampires (minus Caroline) have the potential to become human again. If I have followed the vampire lore properly though, Elena could easily regain her memories by going through the motions; she drowned, so if she entered mystic falls, drowned and was resuscitated, and then turned again (long series of events) any compulsion that was previously set upon her would automatically erase, and her memory would be complete. This is the only thing I think the writers have overlooked.
    Which also means - they have a way to kill any original vampire, will they conveniently leave that bit out? Or is this going to be tied in at some point.
    I'm not so sure. I may be mistaken, but the originals weren't killed before their creation were they? I thought they just just became, in which case there's nothing to undo. Either way, it would be quite the task having an Original go all the way to Mystic Falls against their choice. There's not much that can take them down. I'd also think that if it was that simple to make them human again via Mystic Falls, then Esther would have devoted resources to making it happen.
    I'm probably in the minority by now, but by gum, just let Damon and Elena be together.
    I had hoped the show would grow up, but it seems that the next half a season is going to be Elena rediscovering her feelings for Damon, and Stefan discovering his feelings for Caroline (maybe).
    ukool wrote: »
    Witches (and no doubt Wolves) can cross the border, they'd just lose their abilities when doing so. In theory, if Tyler had killed that kid back at camp, and had reverted, he'd have a safe haven within Mystic Falls. He should be able to enter, just wouldn't turn, like a Witch would be able to enter, just wouldn't be able to use magic.
    Forum Member
    It would seem that all of the current vampires (minus Caroline) have the potential to become human again. If I have followed the vampire lore properly though, Elena could easily regain her memories by going through the motions; she drowned, so if she entered mystic falls, drowned and was resuscitated, and then turned again (long series of events) any compulsion that was previously set upon her would automatically erase, and her memory would be complete. This is the only thing I think the writers have overlooked.

I'm not so sure. I may be mistaken, but the originals weren't killed before their creation were they? I thought they just just became, in which case there's nothing to undo. Either way, it would be quite the task having an Original go all the way to Mystic Falls against their choice. There's not much that can take them down. I'd also think that if it was that simple to make them human again via Mystic Falls, then Esther would have devoted resources to making it happen.

I think given how Elena died (drowning) it would work as it would be straightforward to attempt to resuscitate her at that point.
    How did Damon and Stefan die? Both shot if I remember right. Might be feasible for them too. Hmm...

Its been a while since I watched how Esther created the originals so you right about that probably :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit hazy on the origins of Klaus et al myself, but they definitely had to die first because I seem to recall their lovely dad having at them with bladed implements :D
    Forum Member
    I think given how Elena died (drowning) it would work as it would be straightforward to attempt to resuscitate her at that point. How did Damon and Stefan die? Both shot if I remember right. Might be feasible for them too.
    Well both Damon, Stefan and Enzo were bleeding from the torso, so a gunshot is the most likely candidate, yeah.
    Bit hazy on the origins of Klaus et al myself, but they definitely had to die first because I seem to recall their lovely dad having at them with bladed implements :D
    That could have been any number of episodes. Mikey was a nutcase who wanted to kill Klaus for eternity. :p