sending a virgin tv signal into another room

2»

Comments

• grumpyitmangrumpyitman Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    5.8GHZ sender works fine for me on a V+ box, and our house was built late 1890s no interference from other wireless devices, obviously you have to watch same channel sending box is tuned to, but hardly a problem IMHO
  • abbabb Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    another alternative is - if you have a network cable running between the 2 rooms you are better off with a cat 5e HDMI extender unit, circa 66 or so quid from the HD central buyer at Amazon UK, but you will need a seperate IR unit. Both TVs will need a HDMI input though.
  • gareth0151gareth0151 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I watch my V+HD box via HDMI on my main tv. then... the SCART output goes to the SCART input on an old VCR. Years ago I cabled the house with coax so I could watch tv in any room. Now the coax is connected to the RF out of the VCR. Main TV is widescreen HD with correct aspect ratio. For some reason (dont know exactly why but thank you) the SCART OUT has reverted to a 4x3 output format (truncating the "extra" sides of the image) so the rest of the TV sets (they are all 4x3) happily display my virgin signal in a correct 4x3 aspect. works for me!