Comments

• uchman365uchman365 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come On We Have To Know... :)
  • The MarksterThe Markster Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    hi all
    test came back negative, however the doctor said lab results are not the best to go off and she was a advised to drop another sampl off in a couple of weeks. shes gonna take one of those clearblue tests next week when she returns from her jollys (which cudnt of come at a worse time). she suffered some bleeding which we assumed was her period as it came at the right time but the doctor said it wasn't her period, just sum bleeding which we r keepin an eye on. her period is now over a week overdue and her boobs are starting to ache. doctor says very good chance she is but still wait and see. my friend had 6 negative resuts and she was still pregnant so im not disheartened yet, but still not getting my hopes up.

many thanks for your advice and comments people - much appreciated :)
  • TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    Here in my part of Brum for the last 12 years (could be longer) we simply just pop to the local clinic and they do the test there and then for you, no appointment needed, just go in sit and wait, doesn't cost either part of the health service. Find out if you are pregnant within a few minutes.

They also issue free condoms, 36 at a time, give advice, can have tests done for sexual diseases, but also give inoculations etc, including the ones usually done at school elsewhere, but are done in this clinic instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi all
    test came back negative, however the doctor said lab results are not the best to go off and she was a advised to drop another sampl off in a couple of weeks. shes gonna take one of those clearblue tests next week when she returns from her jollys (which cudnt of come at a worse time). she suffered some bleeding which we assumed was her period as it came at the right time but the doctor said it wasn't her period, just sum bleeding which we r keepin an eye on. her period is now over a week overdue and her boobs are starting to ache. doctor says very good chance she is but still wait and see. my friend had 6 negative resuts and she was still pregnant so im not disheartened yet, but still not getting my hopes up.

many thanks for your advice and comments people - much appreciated :)

Ooh apart from the obvious symptom, sore (or itchy in my case) boobage is normally the first symptom most of us mummys-to-be get.

The sample for the lab might have been a bit too early. It is common for negative results early on. Some of them need precise wee times too.
    good luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsMyLife wrote:
    Ooh apart from the obvious symptom, sore (or itchy in my case) boobage is normally the first symptom most of us mummys-to-be get.

The sample for the lab might have been a bit too early. It is common for negative results early on. Some of them need precise wee times too.
    good luck.

same here with the achey boobage - first sign i had with both of mine. my nibbles (my sister couldnt say nipples when she was wee, hence them now being called nibbles lol!) also changed colour, and the veins in my boobs were more pronounced. she/you could have a peak and see if there are any other boob-related changes - the 'twins' are the best early indicator, i've found ;)
    Forum Member
    well sadly it turned out she was pregnant, but has suffered an early miscarriage.

onwards and upwards from here. at least now we know we are ready to have children, but it still sucks.
  • danceslikehippodanceslikehippo Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    oh god, so sorry... ((((to you and your partner))))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear the sad news!! I hope that you are your partner are feeling better soon. I like your positive attitude and I wish you both all the best for the future!!!
    Forum Member
    thanks people. poor thing has been blaming herself, no matter how much i tell her it was just nature taking its course. i cried like a baby when i found out. my main priority now is nursing her back to full health as she is one sick puppy at the min :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well sadly it turned out she was pregnant, but has suffered an early miscarriage.

onwards and upwards from here. at least now we know we are ready to have children, but it still sucks.

Oh, I did wonder after you mentioned the signs and how she was feeling :cry:

I'm so sorry for you both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aww, bless your hearts... I've been following this Markster, this is obviously the reason why it was all so confusing. So sorry that you had to go through all this dreadful uncertainty first and now you have this heartache to get through. Hugs to you both and wish you the best for a future full of little Marksters.
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks people. poor thing has been blaming herself, no matter how much i tell her it was just nature taking its course. i cried like a baby when i found out. my main priority now is nursing her back to full health as she is one sick puppy at the min :(

Thinking of you both :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She will blame herself, most of us do, but I can assure you that when the next one comes and sticks in there she will realise that the first baby wasn't meant for this world. Hopefully she will see it the same way, baby one was preparing both of you for a healthy family in the near future.

Its only natural for you to look after her now, but someone needs to be there for you, because you are going through it too.

Here's some BIG hugs for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (((((markster and his oh)))))

having been through it, i feel your hurt :( i always found comfort in thinking it was natures way - maybe the baby would have been very ill, or maybe it just wasnt ready for this world. best of luck to you both for the future - coming out the other side of this will make you stronger :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Hi Just to let u know Im thinking of you both.

Sue
    xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (((((markster and his oh)))))

having been through it, i feel your hurt :( i always found comfort in thinking it was natures way - maybe the baby would have been very ill, or maybe it just wasnt ready for this world. best of luck to you both for the future - coming out the other side of this will make you stronger :)
    Echo all of that .. kays_mum lost one before kay came along. It's tough, but with hindsight we came to realise that it was probably for the best. When we started talking to friends about it, we were surprised how many people had been in the same situation: it's way more common than you'd expect.

Good luck for the future and thinking of you.
    Forum Member
    hi all

thank you for your kind words. i still can't get my head around the last few weeks, and especially the last week. life is so unfair, but as people say, things happen for a reason. i am trying to get as many postivies as i can from this situation to help my girl through it - the main thing i am thankful for is that we are at least able to conceive, which sadly alot of people can;t do, so at least this is not our only chance.

its weird that 6 - 8 weeks ago i was not ready to have children and vowed i would never be a dad, yet now i can't wait to be a dad. we're just giving it some time now, my main priority is to get my girl back to her old self. she is so worn out through al of this, and as im sure you can imagine is very emotional. we are just now focusing on what will happen in the future, as opposed to thinking about what might have been. what is certain, we will work to make sure our first child has everything, whenever that may be.

again, many thanks for your kind comments - it genuinely means alot

Mark :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi all

thank you for your kind words. i still can't get my head around the last few weeks, and especially the last week. life is so unfair, but as people say, things happen for a reason. i am trying to get as many postivies as i can from this situation to help my girl through it - the main thing i am thankful for is that we are at least able to conceive, which sadly alot of people can;t do, so at least this is not our only chance.

its weird that 6 - 8 weeks ago i was not ready to have children and vowed i would never be a dad, yet now i can't wait to be a dad. we're just giving it some time now, my main priority is to get my girl back to her old self. she is so worn out through al of this, and as im sure you can imagine is very emotional. we are just now focusing on what will happen in the future, as opposed to thinking about what might have been. what is certain, we will work to make sure our first child has everything, whenever that may be.

again, many thanks for your kind comments - it genuinely means alot

Mark :)

It's such an emotional time when something like this happens. Even knowing that some things just aren't meant to be, or that it was for the best doesn't take away the hurt and disappointment.

It sounds to me as though you are being very kind and supportive to your girlfriend. Her emotions will be all over the place and her hormones will be a muddle.

But don't forget about yourself in all this, all too often we forget about the affect something like this has on the man... you've lost something too.

Look after each other, you sound like a lovely couple :)
    Forum Member
    :D

Guess what ??!!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Guess what ??!!

You're going to be a daddy? :):)
    Forum Member
    Julie wrote: »
    You're going to be a daddy? :):)

YEAH!!!

Got a proper positive result today, and this time around she is feelin fine, none of the cramp and pain she suffered first time

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YEAH!!!

Got a proper positive result today, and this time around she is feelin fine, none of the cramp and pain she suffered first time

Awww, congratulations. That's wonderful news :)

Have just read all this thread for the first time and felt so sorry for what you both went through in April.

You *must* keep us posted. Ok? :D
    Forum Member
    thanks, will do. can't believe it. im very worried somethign will go wroing after the past events, but i am trying to remain positive thinking, and think about the great future the 3 of us r gonna have :D
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're keeping our fingers crossed for you this time, Markster! :) When is she due?
    Forum Member
    she's due in March 08 - it cant come soon enough :D