Cable to resign???

2»

Comments

• planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    isnt it about time more people spoke out against murdoch and his evil empire?

So long as it doesn't affect my satellite reception :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron: "Nick thinks should resign Vince"

Cable: "I agree with Nick"
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Why? His businesses are all consumer driven, as opposed to the BBC and it's funding mechanism which is a disgrace in this day and age.

His businesses are greed driven.

The BBC is a beacon of light shining over the inky blackness of Murdochland.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His businesses are greed driven.

The BBC is a beacon of light shining over the inky blackness of Murdochland.

hence why murdochs son has such an issue with the BBC ;)
    he knows the BBC giving out a good website with updated news means any chance of his pay per view webnews is dead in the water.

I think Cable would have been okay had this latest story not been out there,Cameron isnt going to get on the wrong side of Murdoch he wouldnt even do that for Clegg himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he'll have to go

I am please Peston leaked the rest of the comment - but I do find it very odd that the Telegraph were not going to publish this (and said that they had published the whoile transcript)

I think Peston may have done for Cable AND BSkyB
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Cable to resign???

l don't think so, but in the New Year, there's going to be a cabinet reshuffle and l can see the intellectual and capable David Laws coming in to replace the mercurial and independent Vinnie da Cable.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I could have told you Vincent, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.....................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the Christmas Strictly Come Dancing under threat too? :eek:
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    l don't think so, but in the New Year, there's going to be a cabinet reshuffle and l can see the intellectual and capable David Laws coming in to replace the mercurial and indpendent Vinnie da Cable.
    Don't mess with Da Vinnie , he got the power to make you an offer you can't refuse :rolleyes: http://fiscal-muses.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Vince-Cable11.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cable To Be Reshuffled...Not Sacked!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC "Vince Cable will not resign".
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickles shows the same hostility against local councils, but this is ok whereas Vince is wrong.
    Perhaps my local council should rename themselves Essex BSkyB council.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vince stays on as Business Secretary but issue of BSKYB goes to Jeremy Hunt instead.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe he'd be happy to go, as it would take him out of the firing line so to speak.

Vince's standing has plummeted since the tuition fees saga & had been further compounded by this latest fiasco.

A spell on the backbenches would do him some good IMHO.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Windy999 wrote: »
    Is the Christmas Strictly Come Dancing under threat too? :eek:

Nope, that's safe which is fortunate for Vinnie since all he'll have left is his ballroom dancing career! :eek: