What I hate about U tube

I like you tube and I am a big music fan but their are so many videos you can´t watch because the music is owned by this record company or that record company. An they chose that the video not be viewed outside of America but if you like you can purchase the song or buy a cd. Here in Europe
I just see it as a double standard and that has always bothered me. I have found so many new songs on you tube that I really like. I have even purchased a few. But I am going to make a point to boycott the songs that I can´t watch in the future.

Comments

• LEPLEP Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schnuffi wrote: »
    I like you tube and I am a big music fan but their are so many videos you can´t watch because the music is owned by this record company or that record company. An they chose that the video not be viewed outside of America but if you like you can purchase the song or buy a cd. Here in Europe
    I just see it as a double standard and that has always bothered me. I have found so many new songs on you tube that I really like. I have even purchased a few. But I am going to make a point to boycott the songs that I can´t watch in the future.

That irritates me too so I will download the song from a torrent as my way of a protest.
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I hate about youtube? The commenters.
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate having a video downloaded at least 10 minutes ahead and STILL getting the buffering circle.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some Times videos don't upload for no reason Unknown Error Aborted Upload
    Some times videos won't play
    Adds before you have to watch the video and Daily Motion used to be good but is really crap now because of this.
    The crap comments
    Some music is blocked
    Cannot upload certain stuff like any videos to do with F1 Sport.
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YouTube are now spliting videos into many separate files.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,415
    Forum Member
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    When it consists purely of "first" , "thumbs up if.." and "x amount of people missed the like button" then yeah I agree.

Other stuff that pisses me off with YouTube:
    • People uploading other peoples videos
    • Txt speak in the comment section
    • People that don't know how to do video capture so record their TV with their mobile phone
    • People that put cheesy bumpers on all of all their videos - usually the generic WMM transitions/text effects.
    • Spammers - usually amateur musicians begging for subs
    • People that insist on asking the same bloody question "name of the track at xx" over and over again despite it being mentioned numerous times in the comments or even in the video description.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I hate the missing buttons - and also the fact something I uploaded got removed despite the fact that they were okay placing ads on it.
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comment threads that turn into page after page of 'war' between two people with the obligatory 'your mother.....' type comments.

'This video is currently unavailable, please try later' -- how much later? and why?

Buffering well before the indicator has 'used up' the red area in front of it. Grrrrr!
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member

If DS can manage to moderate, why can't YouTube?
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that embedded vids no longer play for me. I just get 'an error occurred' and have to click through to play it on site. If I delete all youtube cookies it works again. Once. And then of course the cookies are back.

*sigh*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some Times videos don't upload for no reason Unknown Error Aborted Upload
    Some times videos won't play
    Adds before you have to watch the video and Daily Motion used to be good but is really crap now because of this.
    The crap comments
    Some music is blocked
    Cannot upload certain stuff like any videos to do with F1 Sport.
    You can opt out of adverts, lulz.
  • 1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    I hate having a video downloaded at least 10 minutes ahead and STILL getting the buffering circle.

TOP TIP: Search for a program called YouTube Downloader.

It is free, easy to use and will download the video to your hard disk.

It then allows you to split out the MP3 video into a separate file to be loaded into your favourite MP3 player.

Even though the official video is restricted you often find that someone has uploaded a video of the song which is just the song plus some photos etc.

That's OK as you often end up with a DRM free MP3 file of CD quality.

Periodically, YouTube change their web site which breaks the program. Up until today this has happened 3 times. In each case, by the time I got to the web site for the program, a fix had been posted.

I have loads of DRM free MP3 files (plus the videos) using this program.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    If DS can manage to moderate, why can't YouTube?

You Tube is a lot more popular than DS and would need hundreds of moderators.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schnuffi wrote: »

you can fix this by accessing it via a proxy that is based outside of the uk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOP TIP: Search for a program called YouTube Downloader.

It is free, easy to use and will download the video to your hard disk.

It then allows you to split out the MP3 video into a separate file to be loaded into your favourite MP3 player.

Even though the official video is restricted you often find that someone has uploaded a video of the song which is just the song plus some photos etc.

That's OK as you often end up with a DRM free MP3 file of CD quality.

Periodically, YouTube change their web site which breaks the program. Up until today this has happened 3 times. In each case, by the time I got to the web site for the program, a fix had been posted.

I have loads of DRM free MP3 files (plus the videos) using this program.
    >Implying I haven't been doing that for 2 years...HD rip + Sony Vegas to remove video + encode to whatever quality I want + add my own ID3 tags = way ahead of you
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what they should do with youtube is, if you place a search term in the box and the video's only available in America, these videos should be left out of the results because showing them in the results only gives the person false hope. I've also found it incredibly annoying and frustrating in the past when I've clicked on videos, only to be then given the message that said video's not available in my country.
  • The RatThe Rat Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member

Tbf Will, some of them are hilarious! Not all, not even a substantial amount, but some.

Dave