Will the master return?

2»

Comments

• andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    If he does return, I hope the Moff does a better job of writing for him than RTD did.

I thought the RTD episodes with the Master were dire and totally wasted John Simm's talents.

Boring boring more JNT bashing. No more Master for at least another couple of years please, then bring him back with a different actor (much as I enjoyed John Simm;s version) and a good explaination as to how he escaped from the time war bubble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Old news, I know, but Benedict Cumberbatch hinted that he would like to have a 'prominent' role in Doctor Who sometime...and a Master portrayed by him would be a dream combination with Matt's Doctor, I feel: the taller, more suave Time Lord bully.

Though I'm a bit peeved that RTD effectively closed his character story...so a return is unlikely in the near future.

But every baddy as been closed off a lot of times.easy to bring him back.but he seems to be softer now,so is he not evil,has the drumming gone.it would be interesting to see a return.I'm not a fan of b,c so I hope not.I only just managed to like cap jack.overall I just want to like the next series and hope it is done well to my liking.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I hope the Master does return but please let it not be John Simm.
  • Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I think the problem with the most recent episodes that The Master appeared in was that he wasn't fully fledged but an incarnation that was dying so that may have some bearing on any return.

If they do bring him back I would like to see him in his own TARDIS. I have vague memories of DW of old but I have been told that his one wasn't stuck as a phone box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Master back, why not. Not as John Simm...What about Phil Genister? Reckong he'd be interesting
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Michael Sheen being cast in series 6 (in Neil Gaiman's episode) I immediately thought he would make a good Master. I'm sure he's playing a brand new character though. We shall see....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    With Michael Sheen being cast in series 6 (in Neil Gaiman's episode) I immediately thought he would make a good Master. I'm sure he's playing a brand new character though. We shall see....

I think he is only doing a voice over Monk.
  • mirrorman74mirrorman74 Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I think he is only doing a voice over Monk.

Timothy Dalton was frequently referenced as just being a 'narrator' until his character's real identity was revealed.

Personally, I think Sheen would make an excellent Master.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Timothy Dalton was frequently referenced as just being a 'narrator' until his character's real identity was revealed.

Certainly, I don't there's ever been a narrator in a modern Who story that hasn't been part of the story, has there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member

i agree
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Boring boring more JNT bashing.

Bonnie Langford can never be forgiven
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to a series whereby one of the companions is the Master, although the Doctor wouldnt know hes the master......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member

Martin, Charlie or Mr
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The perfect man to play The Master if John Simm decided he didn't want to do it any more.....

Rob Kazinski! (Sean Slater in EastEnders)

I've always thought he'd be perfect for the role. He has those evil eyes but at the same time, the cheeky smile that accompanies The Master's sense of humour. :D
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob Kazinsky. Phwoar.

He's off to Hollywood in the (yawn) Hobbit film, isn't he? Along with our very own Sylvester McCoy.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Rob Kazinsky. Phwoar.

He's off to Hollywood in the (yawn) Hobbit film, isn't he? Along with our very own Sylvester McCoy.

I think you might appreciate this one then!
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    I think you might appreciate this one then!

Thanks Sebbie. Phwoar indeed. I prefer this one though. The longer, straight hair. Yum.

Still, he's off down a Hobbit Hole, so unlikely to be doing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would vote for Charlie Sheen as the next master!!!!
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I hope we do see a return of The Master, and I did like John Simm in the role, however I also really like the idea of Benedict Cumberbatch, as mentioned above, as well :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Is there anyone here who is old enough to remember the first appearance of Roger Delgado as the Master?

I was watching Terror of the Autons last night and I was trying to imagine what the audiences' reaction was when the Master first appeared. I think he is at his most sinister in this story. He looks evil, he takes over the minds of his victims, shrinks Gooch to the size of a doll and kills without hesitation! Totally ruthless!
  • ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if the Master comes back he should be played by a completely unknown actor who's in his 40s or 50s. For some reason nowadays tv producers always think they have to cast someone ultra famous for any role.

We desperately need someone to play The Master like Anthony Ainley did - a very cold, unfeeling kind of way. Not someone like John Simm who plays him like a hyperactive silly school boy way. Unfortunately that's modern Doctor Who for you..
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to a series whereby one of the companions is the Master, although the Doctor wouldnt know hes the master......

A short skirt would be the perfect disguise
  • ericafericaf Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Benedict Cumberbatch for the role of Master!

I would love to see that or even better Cumberbatch play Omega. I'm still hoping he's married to river song and Amy's their daughter :D