Channel 4 House Party 12am - 6am - Watching?

Comments

• LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Did this event have any promotion at all beforehand?

I would've watched it had I known it was on.
    Not sure how much on air promotion it got from the station but certainly got mentions not adverts in a couple of the higher quality papers media and 'preview' sections during the week. I'm sure C4 prob gave it lots of promo on some of their channels but can't swear to that.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were running adverts for it practically every ad break on C4, E4 and 4seven!

Oh; I think the fact that I barely watch any of those channels might have something to do with it.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Apparently we don't even need to wait for the Horse Meat Disco set...

http://soundcloud.com/horse-meat-disco/hmd-channel-4-house-party-mix

So does that mean it's not gonna be live? :confused:
    Could have been a dry run :D
    debailey72 wrote: »
    Tell me about it! So good I have switched over to Channel 4 +1 to watch their set again!!:D
    You didn't record it? (On, say, a DVR?!)
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Bummer, recorded on my ps3 (play tv) amd it only reads FAT32 drives, so the 12gb recording will have to stay... Well unless I backup amd wack on a ps4 with hopefully play tv 2 with freeview hd

(what I'm in about - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0017UV0UG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B0017UV0UG&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21 )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know of this being available anywhere on the web? I know it's not on 4od, but I'm sure someone has got a copy of it... I'd love to track it down, if only to show others who missed it how good it was! Post here if you hear of anything please!

There are one or two clips on youtube, but nothing complete as yet..

Jock
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know of this being available anywhere on the web? I know it's not on 4od, but I'm sure someone has got a copy of it... I'd love to track it down, if only to show others who missed it how good it was! Post here if you hear of anything please!

There are one or two clips on youtube, but nothing complete as yet..

Jock

I taped the whole thing (on VHS long play) and have been sharing it around. I could cram it on one DVD - PM me if you want a copy.
  • ian001ian001 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Erick Morillo's set this afternoon and thought he was excellent. I was also fortunate to see him live at Ministry Of Sound last night and he was excellent again, really engaged with the music, the vocals and the crowd in a way you don't see with the other DJs.

Watching "How Clubbing Changed.." on catch up I did wonder how BBC4 would probably have fared better with a 3 part broadly chronological account of house music as they would have been able to give more justice to the archive footage.

Also, the BBC has a huge archive of nearly 20 years of Essential Mixes, some of which it's no exaggeration to say are masterpieces and it would be interesting to see how they'd look on screen if graphic artists/animators were commissioned to produce visuals (with sufficient budgets and production time).

But overall, kudos to Channel 4 for doing something different and regaining its innovative spirit which has been lacking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    As everything these days is repeated to an inch of it's life i thought this would also apply to the 'house party' so , i never watched it ...
    I've just been informed that this was just a one off & wont be shown again and i'm livid ! :mad:
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ian001 wrote: »
    I watched Erick Morillo's set this afternoon and thought he was excellent. I was also fortunate to see him live at Ministry Of Sound last night and he was excellent again, really engaged with the music, the vocals and the crowd in a way you don't see with the other DJs.

Watching "How Clubbing Changed.." on catch up I did wonder how BBC4 would probably have fared better with a 3 part broadly chronological account of house music as they would have been able to give more justice to the archive footage.

Also, the BBC has a huge archive of nearly 20 years of Essential Mixes, some of which it's no exaggeration to say are masterpieces and it would be interesting to see how they'd look on screen if graphic artists/animators were commissioned to produce visuals (with sufficient budgets and production time).

But overall, kudos to Channel 4 for doing something different and regaining its innovative spirit which has been lacking.

how bizarre - i am just going through the essential mix back catalogue listening to some live EM's from events i as at.

morillio is a very entertaining dj, one of the best to see live and thats how it come across on the house party.

i would of replaced annie mac with judge jules on the line up, although trance is a bit 'old hat', he still engages with the audience well (although a tv audience in this case) and is entertaining to watch.

I wonder if the djs got paid their normal fees (annie mac would of had to pay me to not skip through her boring predictable set)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Full Annie Mac set on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZCrQbGxvU

Full Grandmaster Flash set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OXbjbTDu8

The song Jesse Ware was singing: "Wildest Moments (Zed Bias aka Maddslinky Remix)" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtp63RGioBI

The sets are being uploaded throughout the week by various people (not me). Catch them before Youtube removes them for infringing tons of copyright laws!
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soul II Soul excellent as expected and remembered. Hadnt heard of Horse Meat Disco before but absolutely loved them - especially the little beardy guy. He looked like biker/heavy rock dude not someone who was going to transport me back to the brilliant clubs of old. And as for the dancers {were they called Trans People?} fantastic!

A-trak/Annie Mac seemed more about showing off mixing technique than just enjoying the sounds with the (albeit non existent) audience. All in all, very enjoyable and plaudits to Channel 4 who haven't exactly been excelling in their output recently.
    Forum Member
    Managed to download Annie Mac & Grandmaster Flash off youtube & now i wish i never bothered .
    Grandmaster Flash talking/shouting his way through his set just completely spoiled it and i found him to be an annoying little ***t , and as for Annie Mac , well it's not my kinda tunes
    now watching A -track , much better :)
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost64 wrote: »
    i wish i never bothered .
    Grandmaster Flash talking/shouting his way through his set just completely spoiled it and i found him to be an annoying little ***t ,

Are you 14 years old or something? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Hmm interesting , explain ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »

Erick Morillo was well into it! good choice of tunes and spot on mixing, he was even mouthing the words to the music and looking like he was well into what he was doing, I cant stand heads down DJ's I like a lot of personality. He had no **** ups on the decks so dont know what you was listening to?

I've been DJing for 11 years and producing for 8 years I know when a mix is good and when its bad thank you very much no need to be a snob :rolleyes:

Well I definately noticed some beat clash at one time during morillo's set. It was a great set apart from that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LeeBoy19 wrote: »
    Not sure how much on air promotion it got from the station but certainly got mentions not adverts in a couple of the higher quality papers media and 'preview' sections during the week. I'm sure C4 prob gave it lots of promo on some of their channels but can't swear to that.
    Steve Wright gave it a mention on Radio 2!
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to grab the Soul II Soul video set from You Tube and the audio mix by Horsemeat Disco from a link that was (I think) put up on this thread somewhere. The You Tube full sets seem to be getting removed.
    Forum Member
    scrilla wrote: »
    The You Tube full sets seem to be getting removed.
    Yeah? I wonder why? :rolleyes: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The line up was kinda naff, I'm sure there all good DJs (having heard sets from Annie Mac and A-Trak), just not exciting enough to get me tuned in...
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of crap it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Why you won't see the #Channel4 #HouseParty repeated! http://pic.twitter.com/cDNNxCBD
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    mprince wrote: »
    Why you won't see the #Channel4 #HouseParty repeated! http://pic.twitter.com/cDNNxCBD

No doubt there are some words on that twitter link, why not just copy and paste the words on here.
    Copyright is why it won't be repeated I guess.
    Forum Member
    Copyright is why it won't be repeated I guess.
    Exactly. And that link wasn't even an official C4 one so no real surprise it's been pulled. :rolleyes:
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the morillo set has been pulled from youtube.
    a trax is still there
  • ian001ian001 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The House Party is to return on New Year's Eve.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4s-house-party-is-back-for-the-biggest-night-of-the-year
    After this summer's smash, Channel 4 is bringing back House Party for the ultimate 2012 send off on New Year's Eve. Following the success of the unprecedented television, online and music event on the August Bank Holiday weekend, viewers can once again throw parties with live DJ sets by six top international acts, including Annie Mac, on the biggest party night of the year.

House Party, a broadcasting first, no studio audience, and no interruptions, went out live on Channel 4 from midnight 24th August 2012. The all-night DJ takeover received widespread acclaim, offering a totally new clubbing and party experience to party-goers, music fans and unsuspecting sofa viewers. This time, bringing house parties together from around the UK, House Party: NYE (w/t) will also be looking to blast out the tunes and visuals to bars, galleries, and anywhere with a screen, to bring in the New Year.

Turning the television or laptop into the ultimate DJ booth, House Party: NYE (w/t) means everyone has the opportunity to celebrate the New Year with their personal line-up of world-class DJs and VJs - who are playing completely live to their audiences, not to a studio audience, and transforming living rooms, bedrooms and bars across the nation into dance floors.

Channel 4 Arts Commissioner, Tabitha Jackson said: ‘There couldn't be a better night than New Year's Eve for us once again to turn the nation's living room into the ultimate interactive House Party. Celebrating with the best artistic talent, Channel 4's House Party: NYE (w/t) will not only offer an innovative alternative to the usual New Year TV diet but will be the biggest and best party of the year. Pressure's off, New Year's Eve is already sorted.'