Options

Do You Know Who Amy Is...Do You???

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    To be fair, why is she there? (If not to be a love interest for Joey. I do wish ITV would stop casting women as accessories for men.)

:eek:
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Levii wrote: »
    To be fair, why is she there? (If not to be a love interest for Joey. I do wish ITV would stop casting women as accessories for men.)

Why shouldn't she be there. I didn't know who Mo was likewise Lucy , kian ,Annabel
    or vincent does that mean that they shouldn't be there?
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    just now on show revealed Mo is only famous cuz of her brother and she is the one to ask who Amy is :D
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To annoy people like Mo, apparently.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    She wasn't being rude, she was just nonplussed as to why the public voted for Amy to be a camp saviour when nobody in the camp knew who she was, and she reasoned that if they didn't know her then the public didn't either.

What Laila hadn't reckoned on was the way the programme is cut to show certain people off to an advantage and denigrate others.

The way she talks, with her no nonsense cockney accent doesn't do her any favours, and she's certainly not one of the industry's 'darlings', but I think she's great.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dinosaurus wrote: »
    It wasn't her asking if people knew her that was rude, it was the pure clear fact that she believes Amy isn't "celebrity" enough to be in there! And why does she refer to herself as Mo and not her actual name??

Her real name is Maureen.

:)
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Really bad form from the bit part soap actress. I've never heard of Vincent, Doesn't mean I don't like the guy (actually find him pretty damned amusing) but that also doesn't mean I think he shouldn't be in there.

In this show of course there will be differing levels of fame, and one person's idol may be anothers nobody. Who is she to deem whether anyone else is worthy of being there?
    If Mo has a problem with who they pick for this show, then perhaps take it up with the show producers. To go round the group and ask everyone about Amy but not about anyone else was pretty telling about Mo's character and only succeeds in making her look bad.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Really bad form from the bit part soap actress. I've never heard of Vincent, Doesn't mean I don't like the guy (actually find him pretty damned amusing) but that also doesn't mean I think he shouldn't be in there.

In this show of course there will be differing levels of fame, and one person's idol may be anothers nobody. Who is she to deem whether anyone else is worthy of being there?
    If Mo has a problem with who they pick for this show, then perhaps take it up with the show producers. To go round the group and ask everyone about Amy but not about anyone else was pretty telling about Mo's character and only succeeds in making her look bad.

Good post and succinctly put.
  • Options
    shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't her asking if people knew her that was rude, it was the pure clear fact that she believes Amy isn't "celebrity" enough to be in there! And why does she refer to herself as Mo and not her actual name??

I'm guessing because she thinks that if she answers to Mo people will remember who she is. The other option is to be called Gary Oldman's sister, but if I was him I would have her on a paid retainer to not mention this to avoid embarrassment.

Jokes aside, other than her now minimal (is she even still on it? if so she must be upstairs in the slater tardis battling her farmer giles) role on EE pretty much the only work she has done is bit parts in her brother's earlier films, and if she insisted on being called Laila, people wouldn't know who she is. It would be similar if Adam Woodyat took part, everyone would call him Ian)
  • Options
    DinosaurusDinosaurus Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Her real name is Maureen.

Haha oops!! Why Laila then?

Anyway I stand behind that she had a negative motive for
    Asking if people had heard of Amy!
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    Why shouldn't she be there. I didn't know who Mo was likewise Lucy , kian ,Annabel

Really? I don't watch eastenders but knew who Mo is- and knew all the others except Amy, don't think she is going to win support by hiding contraband and keeping an immunity token for herself- selfish , and out for herself and only herself , she will be out of there soon
  • Options
    Forum Member

Come on, no one is going to know all the celebrities but it's fair to say that the others are pretty well known and at least have a bit of a fan base. (Except for David, but royalty I suite popular lately)
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had never heard of Amy. Also calling someone "a silly old cow" is just plain rude.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Come on, no one is going to know all the celebrities but it's fair to say that the others are pretty well known and at least have a bit of a fan base. (Except for David, but royalty I suite popular lately)

precisely. So why is she making an issue about it?
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, here it semms that the more the celebs are unpleasant about Amy -- and it looks like another round is coming up -- the more Amy is attacked. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha oops!! Why Laila then?

Anyway I stand behind that she had a negative motive for
    Asking if people had heard of Amy!

Laila Morse is her stage name apparently. It's an anagram of moody old cow LOL! (sorry)

I think she's turning out to be really horrid and I think she's more likely to stab you in the back rather than Amy.

• Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    I didn't know who Amy was, but then I didn't know Vincent or Annabel either.
  • Options
    viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Er not a nobody a somebody regardless of her career.

Don't be silly :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laila Morse is her stage name apparently. It's an anagram of moody old cow LOL! (sorry)

I think she's turning out to be really horrid and I think she's more likely to stab you in the back rather than Amy.

Loving your faux anagram. :)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree it's arrogance and professional snobbery. Also she did say to Rebecca that she was better than Amy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Loving your faux anagram. :)

I apologise if that sounds mean, but she's really got my dander up tonight and once it's up I sometimes say unkind things LOL!

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I apologise if that sounds mean, but she's really got my dander up tonight and once it's up I sometimes say unkind things LOL!

No need to apologise. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    precisely. So why is she making an issue about it?

Draw your own conclusions. Why would they put a non-celebrity in a celebrity reality show? What did they hope she would bring to it?
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Unfortunately, here it semms that the more the celebs are unpleasant about Amy -- and it looks like another round is coming up -- the more Amy is attacked. :(

It does seem that way. Even if they celebs weren't mean, there would be something people would find to criticise. Her so called 'crimes' seem to be magnified hugely on here time and again, whilst others get a far easier ride. As I said before, certain types of contestants have far less margin for error, and it is in no way a level playing field.

Just as an aside, I admire your patience on other threads with having to explain the same thing again and again to the same people who ask the same questions again and again. You and others make perfectly clear, relevant and insightful observations but it seems if the answer is not what people want to hear, it's ignored/ glossed over.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    We might not know of certain celebrities in there but they do tend to know each other, having probably met at various events for instance. The fact that none of them had heard of Amy isn't any fault of theirs. There's also nothing wrong with them mentioning this fact?