Options

I am very annoyed with watch!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to intense research on "lovefilm.com" you can get loads of dr who dvds for £10 a month (or £9.99) and other things
    I got the five drs on dvd list and it be delivered soon ax:D:D
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    tinny wrote: »
    Due to intense research on "lovefilm.com" you can get loads of dr who dvds for £10 a month (or £9.99) and other things
    I got the five drs on dvd list and it be delivered soon ax:D:D

I'm a member, too. They have all of the classic releases, and the newer releases too!

Fun... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the "coffee protest"?

Have the BBC stated they will only show repeats of old stuff if coffee replaces tea as the UK's national drink?

Webslark wrote: »
    It was the hissy fit that some fanatics threw over the death of Ianto in Torchwood. "Save the Coffee Boy" was the rallying cry and they sent parcels with coffee to the BBC to show how strong their cause was :rolleyes:
    Here's one of the websites :rolleyes:

Ah, my first thought was that this had something to do with a line from the series 6 trailer -
    "I need a pot of coffee, twelve jammy dodgers and a fez."

Thanks for clearing this up. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it is BBC3 or 4 - I haven't got Watch!

I've always been miffed that they never show Series 1 on the BBC 3 repeats. I wonder if there is a reason for it? All DT's series have been on umpteen times, and now Matt's is on, but I've never seen CE's.

It will be interesting to see whether after a couple of years when Matt has got a few more series' under his fez, whether BBC 3 show his series mostly and very littel if none of DT's....because that might go on to show whether the reason they do not show seris 1 is because they don't think much of CE's series, or because they just want to show more stuff from the current Doctor.....
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see whether after a couple of years when Matt has got a few more series' under his fez, whether BBC 3 show his series mostly and very littel if none of DT's....because that might go on to show whether the reason they do not show seris 1 is because they don't think much of CE's series, or because they just want to show more stuff from the current Doctor.....

The latter, I think. Your first scenario suggests that Watch actually base their programming on personal preference, which would be an odd way to run a business. The reason they haven't shown Matt Smith yet is because they don't yet have the rights to his first series, and won't for a few months yet-they're never allowed to broadcast new episodes for about a year after first transmision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latter, I think. Your first scenario suggests that Watch actually base their programming on personal preference, which would be an odd way to run a business. The reason they haven't shown Matt Smith yet is because they don't yet have the rights to his first series, and won't for a few months yet-they're never allowed to broadcast new episodes for about a year after first transmision.

I was actually alking about BBC 3 not watch:)

As they are currently showing Series 5....but its been a hell of a long time since they showed any series 1....but many of DT's series'....it sometimes feels like they don't want to acknowledge CE and series 1.....so yeah while I will agree that it is fuuny way to run a business, you can't help but think that....anyway, like I said...if when Matt has done a few more series...and they basically show very little to none repeats of the DT era...it will mean they are basically trying to show episodes of the current Doctor, because they probably feel more would want to see the current Doctor's stories....who knows...just a thought from myself really...:)
  • Options
    Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im more annoyed at the episodes mix up I was watching the other week series 2 they showed 2 or 3 eps in a row as im getting in to it then out of no where they show the end of series 4 then ep out of series 3 back to series 2.
  • Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    I was actually alking about BBC 3 not watch:)

As they are currently showing Series 5....but its been a hell of a long time since they showed any series 1....but many of DT's series'....it sometimes feels like they don't want to acknowledge CE and series 1.....

Only realised the other day they've been repeating season one.At 5:40 though
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plant_Pie wrote: »
    Only realised the other day they've been repeating season one.At 5:40 though

Season one? From 1963? :confused:
  • Options
    YuaxeYuaxe Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Season one? From 1963? :confused:

No the 2005 revival but they always only seem to show episodes 2,7 and 13 from that series from what I've seen.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    It's the same with the TV movie. I stayed up till midnight to watch it on Watch and they cut all the good bits! !

so no cuts at all then?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Watch (and UKTV as a whole) and the BBC have broadcast rights to both classic and modern Who (it's automatic, as Watch is part owned by BBC Worldwide). However, they haven't shown classic Who since UK Gold's demise - and not for a few years beforehand either I think. BBC4 shows the occasional episode, but it's not a regular part of the schedule. Usually just as part of a theme night.

I think UK Gold, pretty much stopped showing the classic series around the time the BBC announced Doctor Who was coming back. It's a pitty really because there will be a lot of younger fans who haven't seen much of the classic series and a complete re-run as UK Gold used to do would IMO be a good idea.