Cocky little Welsh rapper....vile

Comments

• troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how he is vile personally .... I just think your being really over the top imo .
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and what does the phrase: "and the little welsh one days to Marvin" mean? :confused::confused::confused:

I genuineuly don't get it? Trying to work out what he has even done, nevermind that he has apparently done something wrong!
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's amusing how rappers often make a big deal of 'keeping it real' but don't rap in their native accent.
    You see him swaggering around on stage saying things like 'Yeah' into the microphone while his mate his singing, as if he's being really edgy, authentic and natural, but then starts rapping like an american rapper.

If you're Welsh then if you want to be authentic you're proud of who you are and rap in your native Welsh accent.

I think calling him vile is a bit much though. He's only a kid doing an impression of what he thinks rappers are like.
    I suppose many of us would look back to ourselves at that age and feel embarrassed by what we were like.

I bet Simon genuinely thinks that he's the epitome of 'cool' though.:D
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's Welsh!!!!! How the hell did he get that stupid accent then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW it is well known that an accent whilst singing can be different to an accent whilst speaking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing

Its a completely normal thing (even I do it, albeit at a lower level!) and is NOT something that Simon Cowell encourages. I have never met Simon Cowell and I do it.
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW it is well known that an accent whilst singing can be different to an accent whilst speaking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing

Its a completely normal thing (even I do it, albeit at a lower level!) and is NOT something that Simon Cowell encourages. I have never met Simon Cowell and I do it.

Why is it a normal thing to do?
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despise bad manners.

I despise children who have bad manners

I despise even more when those children get praise heaped upon them and give them room to get more cocky.

You and millions more like you!

Thank goodness that the vast majority of young children are not like that.

Spare a thought for the teachers who have to see his smirking little face in front of them every day. Bad enough for viewers but we only have a few minutes to put up with.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Is calling a child "vile" really necessary? Precocious maybe, but vile is a horrible leap.

On another note, I really don't, for lack of a better word, get Bars & Melody. I'd say, with the possible exception of Paddy & Nico, they're the worst act in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... and their first song was about the bullying he had been subjected to? Whether you like him or not, he's probably trying to find his niche in life. he has been bullied which must have knocked his confidence hugely so maybe he's now over compensating. ...

Alleged bullying. Do you, or indeed, does anyone think that such a cocky and arrogant child would ever be bullied?

They are just the sort of pupil that would be instantly disliked in any normal class of teenagers, who are more perceptive than many adults..

Being ignored is not bullying.

And, of course the act, or at least his part in it, was, is and ever will be truly awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luba wrote: »
    Why is it a normal thing to do?

I wouldn't know the science behind it, but it is quite common. I have a midlands accent, you wouldn't know it, if I was singing.

From this website: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100612165157AAs7uUe

(and yes I know its from Yahoo Questions!)

"Singing is somewhat different to talking. You're following notes and sounds rather than colloquial vernacular."

I just find it strange that we get people saying: "I've heard that Simon Cowell encourages (forces?) his acts to sing in an American accent. It could be one of the many unfounded rumours about him but I'm inclined to believe it, considering how his one goal with any act is to get them to "break" America," without the slightest bit of research/knowledge on the subject.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also don't get the use of the word vile either in the topic title. Not sure if the OP knew what the word meant, or if the word vile was used because it is a fashionable word to describe a person.

Related to the act, it will depend how they do on the night as to if they win or not. But I have heard children singing their song (I work in a customer service related job) and it was strange as I heard it I was thinking to myself: "where have I heard that song before" "oh yes its Bars & Melody from BGT!"
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I note the audience were given some sort of light to sway around with during the act. Favouritism or what? Meanwhile that attractive female singer with curly hair was re-styled with a terrible straight hair do and made to look like an identikit singer. I call that sabotage :confused:
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alleged bullying. Do you, or indeed, does anyone think that such a cocky and arrogant child would ever be bullied?

They are just the sort of pupil that would be instantly disliked in any normal class of teenagers, who are more perceptive than many adults..

And, of course the act, or at least his part in it, was, is and ever will be truly awful.

Yeah i do actually, ive seen kids who have been bullied horribly be moved to a new school and put on this huge cocky front. I guess you don't work with children
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    Police and teachers are no longer feared and its only going to get worse.

Im a teacher and I don't want to be feared thank you very much. I find the classes with the best behaviour don't fear me but have the best relationship with me and we have a laugh in lessons.

And calling kids vile. You're more vile in my eyes for saying that. Don't work with children love
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Can't make out if you are a WUM or not. I hope you are. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wasn't there a girl on The X Factor a few years ago who claimed to have been bullied, but she was kicked off the show when it turned out that she herself was a bully?

Not that for a moment am I suggesting that the kid is guilty of the same thing. I'm just making the point that when people make statements about their hard life on a show such as this which is about securing votes, I'd take things more with a pinch of salt as opposed to taking such comments at face value.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i do actually, ive seen kids who have been bullied horribly be moved to a new school and put on this huge cocky front. I guess you don't work with children

Yes, but if you're going on a talent show to display your talent why would you tell everyone you've been bullied if not to try and play on that fact?

He quite possibly has been bullied, but it can't be such an issue now if it's been calculated that it could be used as an effective means to gain votes.
    Would we be voting for somebody because they've been bullied before. or would we be voting for them because their talent has impressed us?

I'd be more emotionally receptive to the fact that someone had been bullied if they'd opted to simply display their talent and we only found out that they had been bullied after the competition was over and done with. I'd be impressed with that and have a lot of respect for the fact that it wasn't used to secure sympathy votes. I find it harder to muster sympathy when hard luck stories are revealed to us in a voting competition situation.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to have a sob story to do well on Cowell's shows, so this kid's is bullying. I would certainly take his story with a big pinch of salt.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Yes, but if you're going on a talent show to display your talent why would you tell everyone you've been bullied if not to try and play on that fact?

He quite possibly has been bullied, but it can't be such an issue now if it's been calculated that it could be used as an effective means to gain votes.
    Would we be voting for somebody because they've been bullied before. or would we be voting for them because their talent has impressed us?

I'd be more emotionally receptive to the fact that someone had been bullied if they'd opted to simply display their talent and we only found out that they had been bullied after the competition was over and done with. I'd be impressed with that and have a lot of respect for the fact that it wasn't used to secure sympathy votes. I find it harder to muster sympathy when hard luck stories are revealed to us in a voting competition situation.

Its a Cowell show. How many times do we have the tears and heartbreaking stories to make us all feel for the contestants? Who do you think is getting the sob stories out there if not the producers?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

Great post :)
    Is he the kid in Bars and Melody with an annoying American accent?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Its a Cowell show. How many times do we have the tears and heartbreaking stories to make us all feel for the contestants? Who do you think is getting the sob stories out there if not the producers?

That's a good point, and I think I tend to agree with it. I think that the producers themselves try to weasel hard luck stories out of people.

I think that there was a situation a few years ago when people got annoyed because one of the favourites appeared to be wheeling out a sob story. At the time there appeared to be inconsistencies according to what was printed in the press. But some people got the impression that it wasn't necessarily the fault of the act and that there was a sense that they were pressed to come up with comments by the producers for the purposes of the show.
    I think it was a boy who was a singer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Yes. But to be fair, as another poster mentioned, it's worth bearing in mind that it may be the show itself who has encouraged him to come out with the bullying stuff.

If you think about it and try to put yourself in that situation, if it's possible to do so, I imagine most of us here in that situation probably wouldn't come up with personal stuff like that so easily unless prompted to by the show itself. Because being in that situation you might think it inappropriate and be too scared to mention it unless prompted to by the show. Speaking personally i think I'd find it hard to come out with a story like that about myself if I wasn't encouraged to by the show itself.
    I guess that if you're there and a bit scared anyway by the enormity of being on a TV show in front of millions of people, you'd probably take the advice of the producers and do what you're told to do.

It's hard to take stories of bullying seriously on this show because it's an entertainment show, and rightly or wrongly it's hard to take them as seriously as you might normally. As hard luck stories on shows like this are reduced to being a part of the contrived drama which kind of undermines the issue somewhat. A bit like watching a character on a soap opera having a problem.
    The nature of the show itself creates a bit of a distance and makes hard luck problems feel not as real as they normally would because they're book-ended either side with fluffy nonsense which people are laughing at. One minute you're told about a dying relative, then about three seconds after it's mentioned you suddenly find yourself laughing at a bad piano player on stilts.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Not American but Jafaikan Gangsta street talk ,,he doesn't just sing with it but talks like it as well. Annoying little brat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I have worked in Secondary and Tertiary Education and actually I do have a lot of experience - and the qualifications to match.

Have you ever served on a Working Party to discuss ways of managing bullying?

Thought not!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not vile. Just able to follow the script.