Options

Pixie's exit from Strictly Come Dancing - the mega outrage thread (merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
Forum Member
✭✭
Remember that fantastic Charleston last week from Caroline that scored 39?

Did Jake's Charleston have the same entertainment value to anybody apart from a Jake fan?

Was it jam-packed with technical expertise as Caroline's was?

Had Jake been at the bottom of the leaderboard and Mark second-from-bottom - how likely would it have then been for both of those guys to avoid the dance-off?

But it's also worth pointing out that this wasn't Pixie's first bad dance as many here seem to think. Her Rumba was a disaster - all four judges pointing out that she'd failed to master the technique.

A CCC is a souped-up version of the Rumba - and Pixie again failed to master the technique.

I don't believe we lost the best dancer this weekend. Pixie was for me easily the most talented dancer - but like Natalie last year she didn't seem capable of turning off the Fluidity switch in dances which call for a fundamentally different technique.

Even so she was streets ahead of most of the remaining celebs - and the Final will be a real anti-climax for me without her. In over-scoring Jake the judges ended up spending a pound to save a penny.

Comments

• Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was second on the leaderboard. Blame - if you need to "blame" anyone - the public who didn't find sufficient reasons to vote for her.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it hard to believe that people are actually voting for Jake - who can't dance - over people like Pixie and Simon who can :confused:

And they are also buying into Mark's mega 'I've never danced' number when it is clearly a load of xxxxx.

Thanks all of you. Great decision.

I was not a big Pixie fan, but I am a fan of dance and fairness.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    She was second on the leaderboard. Blame - if you need to "blame" anyone - the public who didn't find sufficient reasons to vote for her.

That is the truth. The judges boosted her up the leaderboard. The public simply didn't vote for her for whatever reason.

Personally, I think she was an excellent dancer but like Frankie sort of plateaued early on, where as others have continued to improve.

I would not be surprised to see one of the girls in the bottom two next week along with either Simon or Mark.
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges knew that she needed help which is why they positioned her 1st in the walzathon... even that couldn't save her though sadly :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Second on the leaderboard - but with a three-way tie just below her which wouldn't have occurred had the judges not over-marked Jake.

Let's hope they don't try to keep Jake off the bottom next week. For sure he'll deserve to be bottom, as he has two dances where his poor technique will be exposed and he'll be unable to earn many points for characterisation.

It would be ridiculous if both Jake and Mark ended up in the final, and we lost another of the really good dancers.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blame the public for giving judges a showbiz version of Sophie's choice. She was second on the judges' leaderboard. Public ignored her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second on the leaderboard - but with a three-way tie just below her which wouldn't have occurred had the judges not over-marked Jake.

Let's hope they don't try to keep Jake off the bottom next week. For sure he'll deserve to be bottom, as he has two dances where his poor technique will be exposed and he'll be unable to earn many points for characterisation.

It would be ridiculous if both Jake and Mark ended up in the final, and we lost another of the really good dancers.

All true. Totally agree. If this happens there is no point in watching or bothering to have SCD again. It will be an utter farce.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who was below her would have been academic if she had sufficient public support though.

People can twist it to form all sorts of conspiracy theories and hidden agendas as much as they like, but ultimately Pixie clearly didn't have the public vote this weekend, and that's what did for her.
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member

Totally agree, but it looks like Jake at least is a dead cert for the final.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even so she was streets ahead of most of the remaining celebs - and the Final will be a real anti-climax for me without her. In over-scoring Jake the judges ended up spending a pound to save a penny.
    I thought it won't be any kind of climax for me without Pixie, but I'm pinning my hopes on Frankie and hoping Kevin can just slow down and mature against the odds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »

Ugh! What a terrible thought. What is wrong with the public? If he could actually dance I could get past the charisma bypass and the wooden stomping, but he can't. And he has the worst pro.

I am really puzzled. Are the public that blind?
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »

Coasting through on a week 2 salsa which Janette has performed before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was below her would have been academic if she had sufficient public support though.

People can twist it to form all sorts of conspiracy theories and hidden agendas as much as they like, but ultimately Pixie clearly didn't have the public vote this weekend, and that's what did for her.

I disagree. A celeb delivering a performance that doesn't connect with the public never "does for" him or her. The dance-off is there to save a good celeb who has a below-par performance.

What "did for her" was the presence of two good celebs in the dance-off - which would have been extremely unlikely had Jake not been over-marked.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looked like a perfect storm for me. Pixie had bad hair and a bad dress. All that pink was too much. The singers mangled that song horribly (sorry Dave Arch) and really messed up the break that's meant to give the performance a kick. Cha Cha Cha seems to be a hard late season dance to perfect and it didn't suit Pixie. Caroline would have picked up the quality vote on the night and Jake the performance vote. Pixie got caught mid table, with a three way tie at the bottom, and the public are always likely to vote for the worst waltzathon contestants (Just to prove the judges wrong, because they are aren't they? No matter what they do). Getting into the bottom two with Simon instead of Mark or Frankie just sealed it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    Ugh! What a terrible thought. What is wrong with the public? If he could actually dance I could get past the charisma bypass and the wooden stomping, but he can't. And he has the worst pro.

I am really puzzled. Are the public that blind?

That early salsa has really pulled him through, in my opinion. It seemed to get him a swell of public support early on and his many poor performances afterwards have been glossed over.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what really happened I reckon:
    - Kevin was ill so the producers gave his pro routine to Trent
    - Trent put less time in with Pixie as a result.
    - Pixie gets an average routine
    - Pixie gets eliminated
    - Kevin gets to go to the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Camis wrote: »
    Coasting through on a week 2 salsa which Janette has performed before.

I know many have said she's holding him back from progressing, but I really think that salsa has been the main reason for his early popularity.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the viewing public are controlled by who! They didn't vote enough for her.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    - Kevin was ill so the producers gave his pro routine to Tristan
    - Tristan put less time in with Pixie as a result.
    - Pixie gets eliminated

Jackanory!
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From this jibberish I suspect you've spent more time munching on your namesake Scoobysnacks than watching the show!:o:D
    You do know Pixie danced with Trent don't you? Or maybe you don't...who knows!
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    - Pixie gets eliminated

Trent, not Tristan.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    - Pixie gets eliminated

Which still wouldn't make sense even if Pixie had been partnered with Tristan.
  • Options
    strictlyflickstrictlyflick Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I think you mean trent... Also Kevin Would have less time with frankie as he was ill.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.