muslim ghettos

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muslims muslims muslims muslims .. ARRRRGGGHHHH !!!!!!
  • bobby_boleynbobby_boleyn Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    muslims muslims muslims muslims .. ARRRRGGGHHHH !!!!!!

U not keen on em?
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U not keen on em?

Maybe he just sick of the number of threads about them.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Pipes was the originator of the claim - turned out they were poor areas who as a result received extra government money. Many happened to be Muslim majority populated. He then visited some and found they weren't as bad as claimed - in fact they were far better than some of the slummier areas of the US.
  • catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Has anyone here been to Whitechapel lately? I used to live in the Middle East and it was like being there again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catscradle wrote: »
    Has anyone here been to Whitechapel lately? I used to live in the Middle East and it was like being there again

Ah, there you have me. I have been to Whitechapel recently, but not to the Middle East. Is it the numerous thriving and popular pubs in Whitechapel that remind you of the MIddle East? The good bookshops? The very popular children's museum, and the well-known art gallery? The numerous churches?
  • catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    There was no criticism of Whitechapel in that comment and none was intended. I had a very enjoyable time there. I lived in London for many years but it is a fact that the demographic has changed in that area but it always changes, that is the nature of London
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Do muslim ghettos exist? Yes, obviously. Are there places that are pretty much dominated by Islam? Yes, obviously. Are there parts of England that resemble a foreign country? Again, yes.

The only thing up for discussion is whether you find such things acceptable or not, rather than whether they actually exist.
    Forum Member
    Do muslim ghettos exist? Yes, obviously. Are there places that are pretty much dominated by Islam? Yes, obviously. Are there parts of England that resemble a foreign country? Again, yes.

The only thing up for discussion is whether you find such things acceptable or not, rather than whether they actually exist.

Correct. Not sure why wonkeydonkey wishes to deny they exist.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Correct. Not sure why wonkeydonkey wishes to deny they exist.

I think it's easier to deny. It saves having to defend ;-)
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to manage a sheltered housing scheme in an Asian/Muslim area. Tenants were mainly white British but also included some Italians/Polish people who had been here since World War 2. Local Asians weren't interested.
    The elderly tenants who had not learnt political correctness bless, used to say things like 'We like to think that we live in a little corner of England'. That's because their familiar shops had given way to Asian supermarkets, sari shops, halal butchers, mosques... There were calls to prayer, Friday religious processions taking over the main road, fireworks for family events... The Highway Code didn't seem to apply there and police seemed loathe to intervene. The one good thing however was that they didn't get harassed like another scheme a couple of miles up the road in a white chav area.
    Later, working in another Asian area, an Asian colleague told me how they ensured that white owned homes and businesses that were for sale went to Asians - the result being an expansion of their territory. Thus in the space of a few years an adjacent white neighbourhood had become completely Asian. So maybe some white flight but mainly a policy of deliberate separatism.
    A white friend of mine tells me he sometimes gets called names in Asian shops by staff muttering under their breath. They don't realise he understands the language.
    Did anyone see the Horizon program this week on the The battle for British Islam?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b050nj0z/panorama-the-battle-for-british-islam
    We have a problem.
    Forum Member
    I think it's easier to deny. It saves having to defend ;-)

I suppose.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member

You're right. And I'm sure you can name a Midlands city with quite a few Muslim only streets;-):D One of which has a mosque I've mentioned before here, with a separate entrance for women, strangely, round the back..... There's a joke in there somewhere:o The whole city isn't like that, but there are areas, whole blocks, which are exclusively Muslim, and have a most unwelcoming feel to white non Muslims.
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    You're right. And I'm sure you can name a Midlands city with quite a few Muslim only streets;-):D One of which has a mosque I've mentioned before here, with a separate entrance for women, strangely, round the back..... There's a joke in there somewhere:o The whole city isn't like that, but there are areas, whole blocks, which are exclusively Muslim, and have a most unwelcoming feel to white non Muslims.

Wondering what is unwelcome about it, give us all specifics
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catscradle wrote: »

So you used to live in the Mid East?
  • francis7francis7 Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Southall and Hounslow?
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Southall and Hounslow aren't exactly Belgravia but they most certainly are not "ghettos". It's not like half naked waifs run through the streets searching for an unwitting traveller to pick pocket, or permanent areas of refuse left outside, or broken down housing with vagrants inside.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Maybe he just sick of the number of threads about them.

I'm sick of seeing Daily Mail Daily Mail quotes >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Ah, there you have me. I have been to Whitechapel recently, but not to the Middle East. Is it the numerous thriving and popular pubs in Whitechapel that remind you of the MIddle East? The good bookshops? The very popular children's museum, and the well-known art gallery? The numerous churches?

You have not been to Beirut then? It has all the stuff you mention above.
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, there you have me. I have been to Whitechapel recently, but not to the Middle East.

Doesn't that area permit the muslim call to prayer on loudspeakers into the streets?
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muslims this muslim that

I find it a little funny how Farage becomes even more extreme when he is invited onto Fox News.

He just gives them what they want to hear
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh gawd here we go again. More Daily Wail anti Muslim propaganda. I'm sure this could have fitted in nicely on one of the 1001 other Muslim threads. Ghettos? Do they refer to Jewish and Chinese quarters as ghetto's for instance? Disgusting rag!
    Any Fox news links? Do the job properly.>:(
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    muslims this muslim that

I find it a little funny how Farage becomes even more extreme when he is invited onto Fox News.

He just gives them what they want to hear

First impressions and all that. Fox News will be distraught and will think we are doomed when he doesn't get elected to be PM in the forthcoming General Election.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    First impressions and all that. Fox News will be distraught and will think we are doomed when he doesn't get elected to be PM in the forthcoming General Election.

Then the whole of Britain will be a Caliphate and that idiotic woman's eyes will pop right out of her ignorant head.
  • DelicateKittenDelicateKitten Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Southall and Hounslow aren't exactly Belgravia but they most certainly are not "ghettos". It's not like half naked waifs run through the streets searching for an unwitting traveller to pick pocket, or permanent areas of refuse left outside, or broken down housing with vagrants inside.

95% of people in Southall are asian - even the station name sign for Southall station is in an asian language!.
    There is a major rubbish and rat problem there. Restaurants are constantly being closed down because of hygiene issues.