Options

Doctor Who Series 5 Soundtrack.......

Comments

• Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Not sure how it can be late when it's not actually due for release until 8th November....:confused:

That being the case how have some people got theres already ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the soundtrack ax:cool::yawn:
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »

No idea, but the release date is definitely monday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Amazon have dispatched mine today. Next day delivery ftw! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    My CD has been delivered!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundtrack now available to download on itunes...:)
  • Options
    DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

I don't know about others but if you pre-order from Play.com It'll usually despatch on the Tuesday of the week before release so you'll get it on Saturday at the latest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got mine today :D I love the music of the last series so much!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    We've got a feature up from Silva Screen where Murray Gold talks through the album's tracks, if anyone's interested, with some bits of trivia - e.g. the music for The Lodger was recorded at Abbey Road.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Got mine along with the Sarah Jane Series 3 Box set. And for people who must own everything, the Series 5 Box Set is also out today, wowza! I only buy the vanilla disc editions ;)
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu84 wrote: »
    We've got a feature up from Silva Screen where Murray Gold talks through the album's tracks, if anyone's interested, with some bits of trivia - e.g. the music for The Lodger was recorded at Abbey Road.
    Or you could just read the leaflet that comes with the CD/iTunes download...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray really has excelled himself this time...:)

So many good tracks :eek: My Favourites would have to be:

Disc 1: Doctor Who XI, Down to Earth, Can I Come With You?, Little Amy: The Apple, The Sun's Gone Wibbly, Zero, I Am The Doctor, The Mad Man With A Box, Amy in the TARDIS, The Beast Below, Amy's Theme, Victory of the Daleks, Battle in the Sky, River's Path, Chicken Casanova, The Vampires of Venice.

Disc 2: With Love, Vincent, Adrift in the TARDIS, Doctor Gastronomy, A Useful Striker, River Runs Through It, Away on Horseback, Who Else is Coming?, Amy and Rory, The Pandorica, Words Win Wars, The Life and Death of Amy Pond, Roman Paradox, The Patient Centurion, Honey I'm Home, A River of Tears, The Sad Man With A Box, You and Me, Amy, Onwards!

Bonus Tracks: Emotions Get The Better Of Him, Impossible Choice.

Holy moly, that is a lot! :o But this by far, my favourite soundtrack Murray has done. Can't wait to see what Murray give us in 2011 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, daft question...does "The Sad Man With A Box" go a bit "strange" towards the end, or have I got a dodgy download from iTunes? Something just doesn't seem right with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    Or you could just read the leaflet that comes with the CD/iTunes download...

Yep, as I said, it's a Silva Screen feature, it's an interesting read for anyone who's not buying the album though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, daft question...does "The Sad Man With A Box" go a bit "strange" towards the end, or have I got a dodgy download from iTunes? Something just doesn't seem right with it.

It's supposed to be like that...:) It's the 'time reversing' effect used in the episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be like that...:) It's the 'time reversing' effect used in the episode.
    Aaahhh....that explains why it also sounded slightly familiar!

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Actually, I think this is an error on the CD. SilvaScreen have confirmed that there is one, and that it is to be removed from all future editions of the CD released. Then again, I could be wrong and this could be referring to a different track ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number one in soundtrack albums on iTunes, with I am the Doctor, Doctor Who XI and Onwards! in the top 10 soundtrack singles :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think this is an error on the CD. SilvaScreen have confirmed that there is one, and that it is to be removed from all future editions of the CD released. Then again, I could be wrong and this could be referring to a different track ;)

That'll be I am the Doctor ;) The sound cuts out for a couple of seconds then resumes again at the very end of the track. It's clean on iTunes, but for those downloading from Amazon or those that have ordered the CD, the glitch is still present.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray really has excelled himself this time...:)

So many good tracks :eek: My Favourites would have to be:

Disc 1: Doctor Who XI, Down to Earth, Can I Come With You?, Little Amy: The Apple, The Sun's Gone Wibbly, Zero, I Am The Doctor, The Mad Man With A Box, Amy in the TARDIS, The Beast Below, Amy's Theme, Victory of the Daleks, Battle in the Sky, River's Path, Chicken Casanova, The Vampires of Venice.

Disc 2: With Love, Vincent, Adrift in the TARDIS, Doctor Gastronomy, A Useful Striker, River Runs Through It, Away on Horseback, Who Else is Coming?, Amy and Rory, The Pandorica, Words Win Wars, The Life and Death of Amy Pond, Roman Paradox, The Patient Centurion, Honey I'm Home, A River of Tears, The Sad Man With A Box, You and Me, Amy, Onwards!

Bonus Tracks: Emotions Get The Better Of Him, Impossible Choice.

Holy moly, that is a lot! :o But this by far, my favourite soundtrack Murray has done. Can't wait to see what Murray give us in 2011 :)

Been listening to it at every opportunity all day, just wonderful! For me his best soundtrack yet, because it is so cohesive and flows beautifully, and really it conveys the feel of the series as a whole so well...:)
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn the glitch on track 9! Anyone know if they're giving replacements? It's not really acceptable for a release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    Damn the glitch on track 9! Anyone know if they're giving replacements? It's not really acceptable for a release.

Yes they are aware of it and are looking into it. Murray has also mentioned a "bonus" track as compensation, but conisdering the volume of CDs that will have been shipped out and will need to be replaced, I imagine it might take a little while before we learn anymore about replacements/bonus tracks....:)

Actually, I might be one of the select few who isn't really bothered by the glitch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Arrived yesterday, I've played it twice now and love just about every track. Much better than the specials album. Some of this music has to be Murray's best ever. Still not keen on the new theme but tracks like "I am The Doctor" "The mad man with a box" "Amy in the Tardis" "Vampires of Venice" "Vincent" & " I remember you" are a sheer joy to listen to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry just read previous posts about a glitch on track 9. Ive listened to my copy several times now and haven't noticed anything wrong at all. What is the "glitch" everyone seems to be talking about?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry just read previous posts about a glitch on track 9. Ive listened to my copy several times now and haven't noticed anything wrong at all. What is the "glitch" everyone seems to be talking about?.

Near the end of the track the music jumps and sounds rather out of place, as if a segment of music has been removed. It doesn't affect iTunes, only physical CD copies as far as I am aware.

Having now listened to the CD, I have a few firm favourites....

- Little Amy, The Beast Below, Victory of the Daleks, River's Path, The Time of Angels, The Vampires of Venice, Beneath Stonehenge, Who Else is Coming, Words Win Wars, The Life And Death of Amy Pond and A River of Tears are my favourites. I must say that The Time of Angels is a brilliant piece that will probably be overlooked, purely because it isn't of a choirly nature :D

I must express a slight disappointment at the lack of two tracks I was hoping would make it onto the album, perhaps as shocked as I was when the Skasis Paradigm Theme was left off the Series 1&2 OST. There is the theme that plays in Amy's Choice when the Doctor is stumbling towards the butchers and is later playing when he drives the camper van, and then there is the theme that plays on numerous occasions in the series, usually when the crack appears, but most notably when River approaches and explores Amy's house in The Pandorica Opens - a rather chilling theme I believe to be missing here.

But generally a good job here, am most impressed. :)