Candy Crush addiction - ( and other app addictions)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    done 135. I'm afraid to say I gave in and bought some stripeys!
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    done 135. I'm afraid to say I gave in and bought some stripeys!

If you're going to cheat why not just use leethax. At least that is free. Although I'm not sure if you can get banned.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure these games are fixed. I gave up on candy crush as in the later levels it just seems pure luck as to whether or not the combination of sweet given to you is solvable or not.
    I started playing pet rescue instead, and sure enough once you hit level 30 odd. The combination of blocks, pets and keys (or lack of to be more exact) make it impossible to finish certain levels .

I don't know maybe I'm just crap:D and being cynical in thinking they are trying to coerce you into buying their cheats.

I don't think they're "fixed" in the traditional sense. I do, however, think they're, let's say, "targeted". I've felt for a while that the distribution of candies on each level will be set to a certain level for a while to encourage you to pay money and buy powerups.

If you've kept playing for X amount of times on the same level and haven't actually paid for any powerups, then I think it effectively "unlocks" the distribution and you find the stripes, wraps and rainbow bombs become easier to make so you can complete the level.

That's my theory anyway ..
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Don't like level 159....:mad:
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    If you're going to cheat why not just use leethax. At least that is free. Although I'm not sure if you can get banned.

no idea what leethax is, but I object to the accusation of cheating, cheating implies I did something wrong, I didn't I purchased an add-on that is available through the game, to help progress. I still had to use them wisely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just had a nose at leethax as i'd never heard of it either and it's a firefox extension apparently that gives you infinite lives and infinite powerups .. fatal :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'm reletively new to this game as I kept getting requests on Facebook about it so I downloaded it to see what the fuss is all about.

I reached level 65 three days ago and haven't beaten it yet.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Level 181 is horrible. How is it even possible??:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOO! Suck on that 275! :D
    Forum Member
    i just had a nose at leethax as i'd never heard of it either and it's a firefox extension apparently that gives you infinite lives and infinite powerups .. fatal :D

:eek: I'm meant to be revising that'd never happen if I had that! Plus thats a bit cheaty..... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    :eek: I'm meant to be revising that'd never happen if I had that! Plus thats a bit cheaty..... :D

It's incredibly cheaty ..

What I might do is use it on one of my dummy accounts just to see how good it is - i've got three dummies all of which haven't got beyond level 5, so it's not like i'll be doing it for any major gain - just "science" ..heh :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I've been stuck on level 79 for over a week now. I refuse to pay for power ups and I'm just getting fed up with it. I'm hoping the game will start feeling sorry for me and just let me have it easy, but no such luck yet.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Level 252 was funny. I eventually got fed up and let the timer run out.. I'd already get three stars, but it was going on forever and I kept getting +5 seconds sweets and adding to the timer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Level 252 was funny. I eventually got fed up and let the timer run out.. I'd already get three stars, but it was going on forever and I kept getting +5 seconds sweets and adding to the timer.

That's never happened for me with those 5 second sweets. I've fallen short of the required score many times and the post-timer free for all has made it up a few times but I've never seen that with the timer .. weird!
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many levels does this game have anyway? Has anyone ever finished?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    How many levels does this game have anyway? Has anyone ever finished?

I'm on 339, there are only about 20 levels after that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's never happened for me with those 5 second sweets. I've fallen short of the required score many times and the post-timer free for all has made it up a few times but I've never seen that with the timer .. weird!

Me too so far apart from that one level. Even the post timer bit went on for ages as special sweets kept forming! It was weird. This was on the Android version of the game.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck on level 29. Is it only possible to progress if you pay up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was unable to connect to facebook one time it gave me the option to complete three missions to unlock the next level. Once you completed one mission you had to wait 24 hours to get to the next. I don't know if that's just on later levels.
  • roniftoronifto Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Level 181 is horrible. How is it even possible??:mad:

I done this level yesterday after 4 weeks :mad:. Aim your striped candies to the sides as often as you get them, try to mix them with wrapped candies. Blues seem the best for sideways so if you get a chocolate bomb, don't take out the blues (I got rid of the reds if there was no striped candy besided it). Good luck.
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on 339, there are only about 20 levels after that.

Blimey!!! Get you!! :D I'm still stuck on 110 :cry:
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    Blimey!!! Get you!! :D I'm still stuck on 110 :cry:

Now on 340 :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    I'm stuck on level 29. Is it only possible to progress if you pay up?

Nope, just difficult. I've managed it all for free, but you do need to take advantage of any free power ups your friends send you.
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now on 340 :p

Show off!!
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Candy Crush is purely about luck. I've solved many puzzle games in the past, I can solve expert level Sudoku in 5 minutes, I can solve the Rubik's Cube, I can solve any possible Minesweeper game (although I confirmed via a program I built that most expert level Minesweeper games are impossible), I have almost 100% record on Freecell. Candy Crush is not often solvable, it is pure chance. There are a small amount of things you can do in your favor, but that's about it. The game is about milking micro-transactions off gullible people.

It is Bejewelled with micro-transactions. Why anyone would choose to pay when there are miles better games out there, I will never know. Angry Birds for example is about 20% luck 80% skill (depending on the level), and only costs .69p. Getting three stars on all the Angry Birds Star Wars Levels is a skill achievement. The higher the level on Candy Crush is dedication and/or money rather than skill.