The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/jedward_cn/status/494772011239870466 … … :) Free Spirit is no.7 on Top Chinese Music´s Oversea Chart

For me they should finally think about some concerts in Asia, their albums did always chart well in Korea+they are loved in Singapore+their music is often used for TV-shows in Asia(mosr recent http://t.co/VTzOBPpWuk (1:48+3:58) +their music is often played on different radio stations in Indonesia and now they even chart in China

I did never understand why were in Singapore and than did nearly nothing out of it
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jedward_cn/status/494772011239870466 … … :) Free Spirit is no.7 on Top Chinese Music´s Oversea Chart

For me they should finally think about some concerts in Asia, their albums did always chart well in Korea+they are loved in Singapore+their music is often used for TV-shows in Asia(mosr recent http://t.co/VTzOBPpWuk (1:48+3:58) +their music is often played on different radio stations in Indonesia and now they even chart in China

I did never understand why were in Singapore and than did nearly nothing out of it

I suppose the big question is should they concentrate on countries where they are popular, or countries where they would like to be popular?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they tried Australia+Canada but they should not forget the countries where they are (still) popular, at least they know that their concerts there would be probaly visited well. I don´t see where (now after they have more time because they don´t do TV shows anymore(at moment)) the problem is to visit more than 1 country per year
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because they did it off their own back and on a whim because Boy Thunder invited them?
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,704
    Administrator
    Hi,

We've had to remove a large number of posts from this thread as of late. Let us remind all users that this is an appreciation thread and if you don't appreciate Jedward then you shouldn't be here.

Secondly, abuse towards other members is not allowed on any part of our forums. If such behaviour continues we'll have to take further action against the users concerned.

Thanks (and sorry for the rather harsh message!)
    DS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Hi guys

I haven't posted here for a while but still love the twins!

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, so just wanted to ask..

What on Earth happened to JedwardGenius? I cannot believe the site has just completely gone! I knew there was some disagreement but I had thought that meant the site would not longer be updated as opposed to taken down totally!

Must say I'm disappointed as it was the place that held the longest archive so to speak...all those interviews and videos etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys

I haven't posted here for a while but still love the twins!

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, so just wanted to ask..

What on Earth happened to JedwardGenius? I cannot believe the site has just completely gone! I knew there was some disagreement but I had thought that meant the site would not longer be updated as opposed to taken down totally!

Must say I'm disappointed as it was the place that held the longest archive so to speak...all those interviews and videos etc.

I think Charlotte just found it all too painful and didn't want any reminders of JedGen, as it was tainted somehow, although I don't know for sure.

I do miss JedGen though for lots of reasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    I think Charlotte just found it all too painful and didn't want any reminders of JedGen, as it was tainted somehow, although I don't know for sure.

I do miss JedGen though for lots of reasons.

Sigh. I miss being able to look at the old news and videos. Its like the only complete history of the 5 years they've been famous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member

I haven't been checking about DS and Jedgen.com for a long time, don't know about this until saw you post, It's painful to accept it, however I'm not surprised.

1st of all, you need to pay for the domain name and server for a site, it's not her obligation to spend money on them. since its no longer updates, Idk if she will keep paying it. And I agree, maybe it just too painful to keep it. Even for me, just an ordinary fan, it brings back the angry feelings of what had happened when I think about it, so I think it's reasonable that she took it down.

Most of the interviews can be found on youtube, but it's hard to find old ones. What I miss the most is she make the site fun and refined. One thing that I appreciated the most is she keeps words archives for news if it's newspaper or magazine, she types them in! It really helped me to get to know what PJ used to like when I'm not here from the beginning.

Tbh, I find that Char did the most amazing job as running a fansite, I've visited many other artists' fansites before, I didn't see one as great as JedwardGenius. They're like, aren't interesting to read, don't have that much infos, or haven't been updated for ages etc.

After all, maybe jeds are not that interested in having a fansite, they don't even update their own website :/

(sorry this is not an appreciation post, but I still like them, that's why I'm here :) )
    Forum Member

For me they are far away from having concerts in my country, unless they are interested in doing shows in pubs or clubs ;-)

I think it's a good sign that our music program like that song and video to put it in the Chart, it means FS is a successful song. Top Chinese Music is the biggest music program here, kinda the only one. MTV China also had FS in their weekly chart. So, jeds did a great job on the song and video.

However, the buzz won't go up from that unless there are buzz for them in western world, so best luck to them for the new album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okay , my fault. I thought that they chart that high in China because they have enough fans there who bought the song.

Planet Jedward is not the same without Jedward Genius(for me the soul is missing now).
    2011 after ESC I was interested to know more about Jedward (wanted to know who are these crazy kids) and checked wikipedia where the JedwardGenius website was mentioned.
    I was impressed about this mediathek, was impressed how much they have done since 2009 and that they did many different things(concerts/music/profesional photoshoots/TV/adverts/....). Jedward Genius made me to a fan, without the website I would probably not been interested to check out them on youtube and would not be a fan/supporter.

It is pity that J&E(also not their family(mum/dad)) don´t see that Charlottes website was a precious treasure for the fandom but also for J&E.
    You can check out videos on youtube now but if you don´t know about what they have done in the past you will don´t know about it(because you have now no place where everything is mentioned, e.g.if you don´t know that they were in a TV show like Wedding planner you will not search for it and don´t see how great they were there)

For me a damage arose on Planet Jedward+ if J&E don´t care about such fans like Charlotte (who never asked them for something and did spend much time &money to support them) so about which fans do they care? Do they care at all?They need (more than a handful)loyal fans when they want to survive in showbusiness, but fans are only loyal for a very long time when they see that the celeb cares about them.

Nevertheless I love them , they make me smile and I hope the best for them &their career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piece by Ken Sweeney in the Irish Sun today:

POP flops Jedward are heading back to the top of the charts — in China.
    The Grimes brothers’ career has been on the slide here — but the pair could soon be heading way out east as their latest vid climbs the MTV China chart.

The tune Free Spirit has now reach No3 on the western music chart on the massive network’s TianLaiCun show.

A delighted John told the Irish Sun on Sunday: “We cross all borders and appeal to all sorts of people in all sorts of countries. Why not the Chinese?”

Both John and brother Edward have pledged to learn the language in a bid to capitalise on their unexpected popularity.

John admitted: “We’ve never even been to China. We don’t even speak the language.”

The pair, now 22, were last year dropped by their record label Universal and then split with manager Louis Walsh — the boys’ business affairs are now looked after by mum Susanna Condron.

The success of Free Spirit has led to approaches from several Chinese record companies eager to release their forthcoming new album across Asia.

Most of the new record was done in LA, and featured a new sound which the brothers hope has matured like their audience.

John said: “We’ve literally grown up with our fans. We’ve seen them go from wearing hoodies to getting tattoos. We want to make records that appeal to them.”

Our source said: “Most of Jedward’s work is going to be in Asia next year.

“They aren’t doing panto this Christmas so they’ll probably come back from China, and go back out there in early 2015.”

The seeds of the pair’s success in the Far East were sown in 2011 when their Lipstick hit was used in a high-profile car ad.

And music insiders say the pair’s clever video for Free Spirit — which features Asian actors and stunning Irish scenery — has helped push the pair.

The insider said: “The amazing thing about the video is that they shot it themselves but it’s been seen by more people in China than any Irish tourism ad.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are not pop flops(all their 3 albums were no.1 in Ireland and did chart also in other countries, e.g. all 3 albums charted in Korea)&they were not dropped by their music label (it was a 3 album contract&was fulfilled) , it annoys me that the press still writes lies about them and their career.
    At least they acknowledge their success in asia that their video is a good promotion for Ireland. Hopefully J&E will be invited in some TV shows/radio shows there(though China is not Singapore(people in Singapore speak english) so it will be probably difficult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are not pop flops(all their 3 albums were no.1 in Ireland and did chart also in other countries, e.g. all 3 albums charted in Korea)&they were not dropped by their music label (it was a 3 album contract&was fulfilled) , it annoys me that the press still writes lies about them and their career.
    At least they acknowledge their success in asia that their video is a good promotion for Ireland

Yes it's a shame he said that, but I think he just means that their current status as Irish pop stars is not what it was.

It's very encouraging (if true) to hear that they've been approached by several Chinese record companies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Yes it's a shame he said that, but I think he just means that their current status as Irish pop stars is not what it was.

It's very encouraging (if true) to hear that they've been approached by several Chinese record companies!

Question is if J&E would want to sign to a record label again or if they want to be independent(because than they can do what they want and the way how they want it)
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would have just been to balance the article and draw sun readers in, but reading between the lines it reads to me like a bit of "look what you could have had" dig at those who "dropped" them :)

It's exciting about the record labels, I guess it would be useful to have a label to distribute and publicise the new album in such a vast and very different country :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting that Sun article here - I would have missed it otherwise.

ETA: Once you've read past the opening remarks the article isn't actually that bad. I just hope people carry on reading and not believe they're 'pop flops'.

A record label would relieve them of the task of distribution and promotion so it could be positive thing for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting that Sun article here - I would have missed it otherwise.

That's OK. I've got a free 30 day trial subscription for Sun+ (which knowing me I'll probably forget to cancel for several months!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The success of Free Spirit has led to approaches from several Chinese record companies eager to release their forthcoming new album across Asia.

Our source said: “Most of Jedward’s work is going to be in Asia next year.

“They aren’t doing panto this Christmas so they’ll probably come back from China, and go back out there in early 2015.”

This is certainly interesting. I had seen some tweets by Jedward China last week, which had been picked up by the new fan website, JedWorldNews, so it's nice to see the news confirmed.

Re 'Chinese record companies eager to release their forthcoming new album across Asia': This would be fantastic. It certainly would help w/ ticket sales to have legit promo/marketing before the tour schedule is announced. The Oz lark still makes me wince. :(

I've gone on record before stating that I don't think Asia is a good direction for J&E but, now that the landscape has changed dramatically, I actually think it's a good decision for them. It's a massive market, so $$$$$$$.

Re J&E being 'dropped' by Universal... the semantics, to me, don't matter. Universal had a golden goose and obviously didn't realize it. There was non-existent promotion of Victory &Young Love and stunningly haphazard distribution of the product.

RE LW... what I have come to realize and can now somehow put into words is that he is much better at tearing down his former acts than he is at building them up when they are signed to him.
    Forum Member
    think I need to post sth here, cos I'm from china, and I posted those tweets.

For myself, I couldn't really relate to that article, cos it sound too good to for me. I think it's good to show people they are famous out there, it's your lost that you didn't realize they are good. or sth like that. But, I didn't think twins and I have the same understanding of how big is the chart thing means. But I could be wrong, cos it's amazing that if they get approached from record companies, this means sth.

I'm happy that they saw the tweets, (if it's the tweets that got them know about it) Like I said, I wish them all the best, and interested to see whatever they choose to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    This is certainly interesting. I had seen some tweets by Jedward China last week, which had been picked up by the new fan website, JedWorldNews, so it's nice to see the news confirmed.

Re 'Chinese record companies eager to release their forthcoming new album across Asia': This would be fantastic. It certainly would help w/ ticket sales to have legit promo/marketing before the tour schedule is announced. The Oz lark still makes me wince. :(

I've gone on record before stating that I don't think Asia is a good direction for J&E but, now that the landscape has changed dramatically, I actually think it's a good decision for them. It's a massive market, so $$$$$$$.

Re J&E being 'dropped' by Universal... the semantics, to me, don't matter. Universal had a golden goose and obviously didn't realize it. There was non-existent promotion of Victory &Young Love and stunningly haphazard distribution of the product.

RE LW... what I have come to realize and can now somehow put into words is that he is much better at tearing down his former acts than he is at building them up when they are signed to him.

Yes it seems so :(
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it seems so :(

Unfortunately I think that is true, and he seems to have his fingers in a lot of pies,

The one thing worse than bad press is no press, but, Luckily, the twins obviously have a couple of allies too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Louis never really believed that J&E could have a real music career, he saw that they are pure TV gold&great comedians &that he(but also J&E) could earn much money on TV(unfortunately he signed them to some TV shows where they were treated very disrespectful, but there were also some very good TV shows)

He let them make concerts&their music just to keep them happy(so that they would do what ever he wanted them to do) &to gain fans who would buy everything about them(though I don´t understand why they had/have not more(&different)merchandise products)
    The millions euros/pounds which they earned in the past were not earned through music.

So now J&E want to concentrate only on music &rejected (nearly)all TV work(we don´t know if they still get TV offers and say no) though most radio stations+TV stations in Ireland+UK never played their songs, why should this change now?Only because they write now their own songs?
    Most songs which are played on TV/radio are played there because a big music label pays for it
    It was their decision though they know that probably their music will never have it easy.

Press: What should press write? They write that J&E have concerts&they write that Free Spirit is successful in China &that J&E will not have a new Panto.
    Even we (as fans) don´t know anything about their days now(what they do every day)
    +press likes to write about scandals but there are no scandals on Planet Jedward(they still don´t drink/don´t sleep around(don´t even have girlfriends)/don´t take drugs...) so what should the press write? For the press the life of Jedward is boring.
    This has for me nothing to do with Louis(of course there will be some people (who work in showbusiness) who want to be loyal towards him)

And for that that they are now on their own (it seems for me that they want to be independent(I don´t think that they would sign at moment to an other music label(not after the experience with UMI Ireland))) they do great.

Give them time(please be patient) , they are in october only 23 years old, there are many singer/muisc groups who made music for over 10 years before they became famous &successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooooo... just saw that J&E made a public list... so exciting! It's fantastic that they added their new fan website JedWorldNews! :)