Options

BBC1 on mobile Iplayer off air?

TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
Forum Member
I've been watching the election on BBC1 on my laptop all night but now I've switched to my tablet it says 'BBC1 is off-air and will return at 0700'. I get the same on my phone so it's not just my tablet. Is anyone else getting this? Is it perhaps just the mobile version of IPlayer?

Comments

• Options
    LiamCarbinLiamCarbin Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    TUC wrote: »
    I've been watching the election on BBC1 on my laptop all night but now I've switched to my tablet it says 'BBC1 is off-air and will return at 0700'. I get the same on my phone so it's not just my tablet. Is anyone else getting this? Is it perhaps just the mobile version of IPlayer?

I got that message too on my desktop last night - presumed there was some rule about not being able to show election night on the computer as channel 4 livestream wouldnt work either
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LiamCarbin wrote: »
    I got that message too on my desktop last night - presumed there was some rule about not being able to show election night on the computer as channel 4 livestream wouldnt work either

I had a similar problem - I had been watching the "live election coverage" via the link on the BBC news website. At about midnight, the link seemed to give up and when I tried to watch anything, I seemed to get some BBC news feed that was discussing the Nepal earthquake. I was however able to watch the coverage on iPlayer (I had my laptop next to my TV so I could watch Sky on one and BBC on the other) and did so until around 7am when I went to bed.