Options

Red Button - Radio 1 Big Weekend

calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
Forum Member
✭✭
Am I missing something or is there no live coverage available via the red button for this?

There usually is, and as far as I can tell there should be this year, but I can't see it.

Can only see highlights of the Monaco Grand Prix where it would be?

Comments

• Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Am I missing something or is there no live coverage available via the red button for this?

There usually is, and as far as I can tell there should be this year, but I can't see it.

Can only see highlights of the Monaco Grand Prix where it would be?

it is available but not by Virgin.

on Freeview and Satellite the BBC have hidden re button channels as they call it.
    On VM they don't, since Red button is all internet and 'app driven'.

To put it simply, it's BBC's fault for not launching an app within CRB (Connected Red Button) to access such services. Recently the beeb took radio out of CRB itself.

Bit stupid really because all the extra stuff, like eurovision red button (has the lyrics translator) wasn't there either.

CRB can be a massive winner, but it seems the BBC are taking a half arsed attempt at it.

I do hear they are rebuilding it again though but thats silly. waiting for ever. I also don't doubt that the rebuild is probably to sky's benefit!
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did seem an odd one - with other things there have been links on the main screen when you press the red button, so I wouldn't have thought there was any technical reason not to have it.