Options

Forgotten Nickelodeon UK original programs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
Forum Member
So back in the late 1990s and early 2000s (lets say 1998-2004) Nickelodeon used to have quite a number of original shows :D not just Nick L8R, Watch Your Own Week
they used to show

LOL Laugh Out Loud: arguably compared to All That, haven't seen it on Nickelodeon (repeated since last year) and it lasted one series produced by SMG back in 2002

Nick News: based on the american version vaguely remember it was it anything like MTV News? and was it a short lived show? 1999?

N-List: anyone remember that? it was a music show with Dave Berry and Kelle Bryan (from Eternal) was it anything like CD:UK? 2001?

Off the Hook: I even remember this gameshow one of Nickelodeon UK's first game shows a phone in type game show 2003

Seriously these shows all sound good

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    any more UK nickelodeon originals?
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    Renford Rejects?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I Rember LOL ,I used to love it
    was it the one were they popped their heads out of like little window things
    kind of hard to explain but it was sort of like an advent calender and they'd push it open from the inside
    and say something funny and then someone else would say something
    back
    and they either did this at the start or the end or both
    and then there was a sketch were some girls dressed up in panda costumes
    and if I remember correctly Joe Swash was in this .

I remember Renford Rejects as well but I didn't like it so I never really watched it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    For some reason I have always remembered the closing down theme tune for Nickelodeon UK.

Now it's time to go
    Say goodnight
    But don't be sad
    'Cause we'll be back
    Tomorrow morning
    On the only network for you...
    Nickelodeon

:D:o It had cows in it singing, I believe.

I also remember Moo and Yoo (presenters). Aww, memories!

We (me and my flatmate) ordered the children's pack on Sky for nostalgic reasons and there's absolutely nothing on there we remember. We were expecting the usual American stuff... Sabrina, Sister Sister, Kenan and Kel etc, but it's all new stuff, boo!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    When I was off school I remember the 'Lunchtoons' segment on at lunch time (funnily enough) It used to show episodes of Rugrats and Doug until 3pm when other shows started to air for the kids finishing school.

Also they did a 'Thank Nick It's Friday' on Friday afternoons which I enjoyed, that was live in the UK studio. It used to show mainly live action US shows like Kenan & Kel, Sabrina, Two of a Kind, etc. still good fun nonetheless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch Your Own Wednesday - I remember ringing that one up plenty of times, well it was an 0800 number, but pretty much 99% of the time it was an excuse to show Sabrina the Teenage Witch... :D
  • Options
    mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Lottery in 95/96. Very good idea and seemed to work well.

Nick was at its best in 95-98
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nickelodeon should repeat some of these programs again instead of always showing iCarly, True Jackson, VP and other rubbish.

I know this is the current face of nickelodeon but today's nickelodeon viewers need to get a chance to see the classics on Nick i.e. both US programs and UK programs.

or have a Nick Rewind thing in the UK they have it in US it is a smash hit there too apparently they show all the 80s and 90s classic nickelodeon shows

if there was a UK Nick Rewind i wouldn't be surprised if they featured the programs i listed that are forgotten and some US shows like Kenan & Kel, Amanda Show, Clarissa, Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Hey Arnold and other programs

my personal opinion
  • Options
    frank jamesfrank james Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renford Rejects is currently being repeated at 3:40am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrjono316 wrote: »
    When I was off school I remember the 'Lunchtoons' segment on at lunch time (funnily enough) It used to show episodes of Rugrats and Doug until 3pm when other shows started to air for the kids finishing school.

Also they did a 'Thank Nick It's Friday' on Friday afternoons which I enjoyed, that was live in the UK studio. It used to show mainly live action US shows like Kenan & Kel, Sabrina, Two of a Kind, etc. still good fun nonetheless.

I remember both of those! :D Loved Nick ... :)
    Watch Your Own Wednesday - I remember ringing that one up plenty of times, well it was an 0800 number, but pretty much 99% of the time it was an excuse to show Sabrina the Teenage Witch... :D

I loved that! And in half term it'd be Watch your Own Week with Sabrina or Saved by the Bell on constantly ...

I used to love Sabrina Sunday's to ... :D
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch your own Weeks used to drive me mental because they used to show Two of a Kind constantly :mad:

I still remember Simon Amstell from Nickelodeon, he used to be really mean to kids :D

Nowadays they don't even have presenters, they just show icarly all day long...
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought LOL was dire.. and I was 11 when it was on. XD

Fortunately for us, Sabrina is all available to buy on DVD (bar season 7 but that comes out soon).. and we can import a lot of old Nick shows if we have multi-region DVD players. I have all 5 seasons of Saved by the Bell, seasons 1-6 of Sabrina.. and am waiting for Seasons 1 and 2 of Sister, Sister to come down a little in price. Wish they'd release Kenan and Kel though :(

Watch Your Own Week was AWESOME.. mainly cause Sabrina owned EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    OMG...I remember LOL...it had mickey from eastenders in it I think

*Edit* Yeah Joe Swash was in it
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Amanda show :p It's still on on nights, I think at 10?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick alive was good,malcom bird presented it.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Watch Your Own Wednesday may as well have been called Sabrina Wednesdays, as well as Sabrina Sundays. I honestly don't think the show was beaten once. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    The Amanda show :p It's still on on nights, I think at 10?

actually at half 9 after Kenan & Kel :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I've started to sky+ Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show and Hey Arnold for old times sakes...
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I've forgotten.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember LOL....it was definitely Nick UK's attempt at All That. It was really poor and looked very cheap, I can only remember it being shown once. As I recall, they basically had a generic studio set and would put a few bits of set in it (like a bed and a desk) and then try to act a comedy scene around it. Think youth theatre and scale it down and you pretty much have LOL. I can remember seeing Joe Swash in it.

I can also remember WYOW and THNIF. WYOW used to basically just continually show Sabrina....which used to annoy me because I was a K&K fan :D

Can anyone remember a summer show Nick did with Mike Mcclean? I'm sure it was like a summer roadshow where Nick travelled around the country putting on like gunge fairs and stuff - they had bands and the like. Think Busted probably appeared at most of them.

ALSO, there was a VERY short lived morning show on Nick in the early 2000s in which a presenter and camera crew would invade a Kids house every weekday morning and present the morning segment from their house. I can only barely remember it; but I have memories of a blonde female presenter presenting from some dingy house with kids franticaly getting ready for school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoshuaUK wrote: »
    Can anyone remember a summer show Nick did with Mike Mcclean? I'm sure it was like a summer roadshow where Nick travelled around the country putting on like gunge fairs and stuff - they had bands and the like. Think Busted probably appeared at most of them.

ALSO, there was a VERY short lived morning show on Nick in the early 2000s in which a presenter and camera crew would invade a Kids house every weekday morning and present the morning segment from their house. I can only barely remember it; but I have memories of a blonde female presenter presenting from some dingy house with kids franticaly getting ready for school.

The first show was Nick on The Road
    the second show was You're Nicked
  • Options
    PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick tried a classic cartoon channel last year, but it must have done poorly as it got replaced by nicktoons+1.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Toonsters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ROTSSonDS wrote: »
    The first show was Nick on The Road
    the second show was You're Nicked

Yeah, that's right. It didn't last very long.

How about that quiz show presented by Alex from Big Brother 3? That was on for a short while in the early 2000s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoshuaUK wrote: »
    Yeah, that's right. It didn't last very long.

How about that quiz show presented by Alex from Big Brother 3? That was on for a short while in the early 2000s.

Yeah it was Off the Hook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what was The N-List by the way the only thing i know is that it was a music show was it anything like CD:UK