Options

Now that we are going to get a real Princess are Cheryl's days numbered?

I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
Forum Member
✭✭
Princess Kate, and our future Queen no less, is surely going to be the new press darling? :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who just does not like Kate Middleton? I don't know what it is but I just don't like her.
    Prince Harrys' girlfriend, Chelsea was much better.
    I just think that Kate is determined to get the crown on her head.
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who just does not like Kate Middleton? I don't know what it is but I just don't like her.

I agree, there is something not quite right with her.
    I've just heard that she is to be given Diana's sapphire
    and diamond engagement ring, talk about bad omen :eek:
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I prefer Chelsea too. Kate seems a bit desperate. All that hanging about doing nothing of worth, waiting on a man asking her to marry him. Ugh. And just what we need another bloody sponger.

A few of the papers dont like her or her mother so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Prince Harry said he would like to meet Cheryl and apparently La Cole was quite scathing in her reply saying she doesn't do curtsies, she was a star. So she I think she would rather be a Queen of People's Hearts.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I prefer Chelsea too. Kate seems a bit desperate. All that hanging about doing nothing of worth, waiting on a man asking her to marry him. Ugh. And just what we need another bloody sponger.

A few of the papers dont like her or her mother so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Prince Harry said he would like to meet Cheryl and apparently La Cole was quite scathing in her reply saying she doesn't do curtsies, she was a star. So she I think she would rather be a Queen of People's Hearts.:rolleyes:

I'm not Cheryl's biggest fan but that doesn't sound right. I don't think anyone is encouraged to bow or cutsey to Prince Harry or even his brother. Also Cheryl has met him before, Girls Aloud have talked about meeting the princes at charity things.

And to nail my colours to the mast - I like Kate much more than Cheryl:)
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope the media/press don't try and do another "Diana" escapade. Just let them alone to get on with whatever they get on with...plllllleeeease. I don't want to know what her dress is going to be like, I don't want to know how many bridesmaids she'll be having, I don't want to know where they are going on honeymoon, I don't want to know. :mad: :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I'm not Cheryl's biggest fan but that doesn't sound right. I don't think anyone is encouraged to bow or cutsey to Prince Harry or even his brother. Also Cheryl has met him before, Girls Aloud have talked about meeting the princes at charity things.

And to nail my colours to the mast - I like Kate much more than Cheryl:)

I did wonder if her reply was taken out of context and she said it as a joke. She also apparently said he likes blondes and I'm not dying mine. It was in the Sunday Express this weekend.
  • Options
    busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kate was determined to snare a prince from day 1.
    Her mother is incredibly pushy ( I am local to where they live) and she has been orchestrating this relationship for years. She wants the status and the lifestyle that being a royal brings, and to be honest I dont think she will cut it. A future Queen needs to be somone who can muck in and get on with things - just like the Queen did during the war. No airs and graces there. The fact Kate has just been moping about after William for years concerns me a lot.

My worry is that her mother will become intolerable and will make the royals look bad (Her smug face on the news was incredible) and that Kate will just end up doing nothing, being kept in a lifestyle.

But that is just my opinion.

I wish them luck and hope they have a good marriage.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Valerian wrote: »

exactly what I was thinking :eek:
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valerian wrote: »

At first thought yes, but it was in Diana's divorce agreement that all her jewellery would eventually be passed to the wives of her sons and it does save a few thousand in these times.

I don't see it as any sort of 'omen' it's just a ring. Many aristocratic families pass on jewellery...it's not remarkable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    At first thought yes, but it was in Diana's divorce agreement that all her jewellery would eventually be passed to the wives of her sons and it does save a few thousand in these times.

I don't see it as any sort of 'omen' it's just a ring. Many aristocratic families pass on jewellery...it's not remarkable.

I think Diana would be made up her son is giving it to his intended. I really don't think the ring was the bad "omen" in that marriage, it was the husband she picked. ;)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, the future queen has nothing on The Nation's Sweetheart:)
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no you're not. i'm overly keen on waity katey either. don't think she cared how long she had to wait as long as she got her man but that's my opinion.
    having said that i wish them well & hope it lasts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Have either of you actually heard her speak for more than 4 seconds, or are you just shallow empty vessels who live to judge others /irony
  • Options
    halfbiscuithalfbiscuit Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Princess Kate, and our future Queen no less, is surely going to be the new press darling? :cool:

Your spelling is appalling. It's not Princess Kate, it's PARASITE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no you're not. i'm overly keen on waity katey either. don't think she cared how long she had to wait as long as she got her man but that's my opinion.
    having said that i wish them well & hope it lasts.

That 'waity Katie' tag was given to her by bitchy tabloid journalists frustrated that they weren't getting a steady supply of headlines from William and Kate. Plenty of people are with their partners for years and they're not called 'waity Emma' or 'waity Joanne'!

It almost seems like some people want another Diana, a fragile girl who's terrified of the attention, and could end up miserable. It's far better and healthier in this situation that Kate enjoys the limelight!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm undecided at the moment as to whether I like Katie or not but either way she will definitley become the REAL nation's Princess/sweetheart and the fake one will hopefully piss off into oblivion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    That 'waity Katie' tag was given to her by bitchy tabloid journalists frustrated that they weren't getting a steady supply of headlines from William and Kate. Plenty of people are with their partners for years and they're not called 'waity Emma' or 'waity Joanne'!

It almost seems like some people want another Diana, a fragile girl who's terrified of the attention, and could end up miserable. It's far better and healthier in this situation that Kate enjoys the limelight!

It would have been far better and healthier if she had actually got a real job while she was being "waity", maybe then people wouldn't be wondering what they are getting landed with. Her sole purpose in life for the last few years has been waiting about on him.
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kate Middleton Shes kept her mouth shut and her head down and been in this relationship for nearly 9 yrs, I think she loves him and he loves her. We've had no stories from her family or friends so how they can be seen as pushy ive no fking idea, you cant please some people i think were lucky were getting someone we can be proud of she comes from a middle class background her parents have worked hard for what theyve got why knock her?

we could have had another fergie, be grateful
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kate Middleton :)

As for all the "waity Katie" crap, as someone has already said, millions of women stay in a relationship for years and years with no proposal. Does that mean that they're moping around waiting for their man to propose? No, because not all women are desperate to get married. I'm sure she's been doing other things than waiting desperately for him to pop the question :rolleyes:

But then I suppose because William is a prince and an heir to the throne, Kate can't possibly have been with him because she loves him, it had to be just waiting it out until he put a ring on her finger and turned her into a Princess :rolleyes:

What a load of crap.

Good luck to William and Kate.

Oh and yes, hopefully bye bye People's Princess Cheryl. Ugh.
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    exactly what I was thinking :eek:

I came into this thread to say that after I saw Sky news this evening. Obviously I'm too late :D Congrats to them, anyway. I hope they are happy together and they last longer than his parents did.

I don't understand the hate because she seems nice enough, but I suppose it's to be expected in this forum :p If she only wants to marry him to be Queen, she'll be waiting a long time won't she? The Queen could be around for another 15 years and then Charles gets the throne, assuming he wants it.
  • Options
    The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    From the pictures I've seen of the two together Kate Middleton seems to really love William.

I find her more interesting than Denmark's Crown Princess Mary, to be honest.
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Interesting thread.
    Have Cole,Price, Katona et al merely been exploiting a lull in the market since the death of Diana?

Will Middleton supplant Kerry in the Nation's affections?

Could she produce the demise of the Pricey?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    It would have been far better and healthier if she had actually got a real job while she was being "waity", maybe then people wouldn't be wondering what they are getting landed with. Her sole purpose in life for the last few years has been waiting about on him.

I agree with that, she had a good education and if she'd had a job like being a solicitor or something she'd have had more favourable press. But it is what it is:D

I like her anyway, she seems sensible and she's got nice hair, a pretty face and I like how she dresses (except maybe the cowboy boots). She can dilute the unfortunate Windsor genes down a bit more!

Cheryl, Jordan, Kerry et all are going to have to dig deep to come up with new tragedies to get themselves on mag covers for a while;)
  • Options
    Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    I have long said this will happen and I honestly believe it to be right. Look at the hysteria now and its only been what 10 hours?

Kate will rule every newspaper and magazine from here on in. The days of trash being seen as icons of culture might finally be at an end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    I like Kate Middleton Shes kept her mouth shut and her head down and been in this relationship for nearly 9 yrs, I think she loves him and he loves her. We've had no stories from her family or friends so how they can be seen as pushy ive no fking idea, you cant please some people i think were lucky were getting someone we can be proud of she comes from a middle class background her parents have worked hard for what theyve got why knock her?

we could have had another fergie, be grateful

:eek: :eek: :D:D