Michael Bay and James Cameron Discuss Transformers 3D!

pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
Forum Member
http://revision3.com/trs/transformers3d

Well I guess there might be some positives to the film after all....

trs is not known for loving the bay...

Comments

• IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, two egocentric arseholes talking - should be quite a sight. Have already read a partial transcript of the chat.

Worth noting, incidentally, that it was Cameron who basically 'encouraged' Bay into using 3D for TF3 as Bay was pretty much against it (and apparently still isn't 100% convinced).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Iggyman wrote: »
    Hmmm, two egocentric arseholes talking - should be quite a sight. Have already read a partial transcript of the chat.

Worth noting, incidentally, that it was Cameron who basically 'encouraged' Bay into using 3D for TF3 as Bay was pretty much against it (and apparently still isn't 100% convinced).

If you ever want to put people even more off 3D show them these two arseholes. That's what has happened to me. I didn't like it before now I really dislike it.
    Imagine being at a party with these two. I would want to stab them with ane sharp impliment I could get my hand on.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the collective noun for 'hacks'?
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    What is the collective noun for 'hacks'?

More specifically, 3D hacks:

Bayerons?

Camebays?
    Forum Member
    If you ever want to put people even more off 3D show them these two arseholes. That's what has happened to me. I didn't like it before now I really dislike it.
    Imagine being at a party with these two. I would want to stab them with ane sharp impliment I could get my hand on.

Oh yes, but very, very, VERY slowly ......... while filming it all in 2D.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member

Ugh, it was bad 3d that put people off, it is a silly claim to say that cameron was responsible for anything wrong with 3d.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    pocatello wrote: »
    Ugh, it was bad 3d that put people off, it is a silly claim to say that cameron was responsible for anything wrong with 3d.

I think it's more than just that, but that may be one of the reasons.
    These are what i think the problem is.

1) Bad 3D conversions

2) The constant bleating on and on by techy bores about 3D becomes boring and so the last thing you want to do is go and see a 3D film as you are sick of hearing about the thing.

3) The general hype around 3D also makes you lose interest in it. Why do so may people get bored sensless by Big Brother and X Factor? because you can't escape the damn things.

4) Reviews and promotion of films that just focus on the 3D. Ok we understand it is in 3D as it says so in the title or the promotion material. Tell us about the story, the acting and all the stuff you would normally tell us about of it were an 2D film. 3D is just one aspect of the overall film.

5) Why does so many films HAVE to now be in 3D? If there is a reason for it then fine! If there isn't then don't make it in 3D.

Spielberg doesn't make all his films in black and white but he did so with Schindler's List for an specific reason.
    Titanic, one of the most successful films ever is a love story. Why the hell do we now need to see a love story in 3D? The only bit people that like 3D are really interested in is the end stuff with the sinking.

If you want to make an 3D film and there is a reason for it to be in 3D then great, if it's not then don't bother.

6) 3D adds nothing to the film other than fancy graphics. 3D doesn't enhance plot or acting performances. It also has never contributed to a joke or comedy sequence that wouldn't have worked had it been in 2D.

I think that the hype bubble has burst on 3D as people are now seeing past that and are realising that it's not making the great films great, they would be great anyway and not making crap films good. I haven't read any reviews for this film but am getting the impression the negative stuff isn't about the 3D but it's just not a great film because of script, plot, performances etc.

I think we are well and truely heading into the zone of "ho hum... yet another 3D film... so what?" The novelty is wearing thin.