Options

What's the oldest recorded programme you have on video?

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A funeral from just after the turn of the last decade.
  • Options
    GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some early 80s Coronation Streets, and various off-air films from the same time (judging by the ads). I've got the first six episodes of EastEnders on one tape.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    1st episode of Corrie ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    TOTP xmas special from 1988.
  • Options
    BarrieTBarrieT Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I moved to australia in 1987 and a friend sent me a few VHS tapes of his favourites. (1) Oct 1987 - golden girls, allo allo, bobs full house (2) Xmas 1987 - Eastenders 90mins, HI-DE-HI, Bobs Xmas Full House, 5 min ad with Madge promoting Neighbours move from 1.30pm to 5.30pm on BBC1, (3) 1988 Wogan, All Clued Up, 1988 Royal Variety Show (4) Xmas 88 - Only Fools & Horses, Bread, Thats Life, French & Saunders, Top of the Pops,
  • Options
    stevehattonstevehatton Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Tom Bakers last Doctor Who story, Logopolis, broadcast Feb/March 1981
  • Options
    bobmeadesbobmeades Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The film "Dulcima" recorded on an old piano key JVC VHS
  • Options
    woolybullywoolybully Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I've still got "JAWS" from it's first UK tv broadcast,(around 1981) complete with ancient adverts. Recorded on my trusty old Ferguson Videostar.
  • Options
    Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    accidentaly discovered a episode of Going Live! from January 1990 in some old tapes in my parents loft. Oh nostalgia.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live Aid 1985.
    4 x 4hr tapes. One is duff but 3 still work OK.

I still have all of that.
    Last episode of BBC Eldorado - 1993

I am going up in the loft to see what else I can find but have watched the Eldorado one a few times :confused:
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's weird, i can't remember what the programme was, but my Dad was recording a programme which then got interrupted by a breaking news bulletin that Princess Diana has been fatally injured, in 1997.

Also, we have an the 3rd season final of Friends recorded which was 1997 as well I think.

Tyson VS Holyfield, where Tyson bit his competitors ear off.

The Millennium countdown.

Those are the ones I remember being around for, My Dad also recorded a boxing match between Tyson and Douglas in whoch Douglas won.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    It's weird, i can't remember what the programme was, but my Dad was recording a programme which then got interrupted by a breaking news bulletin that Princess Diana has been fatally injured, in 1997.

If it was ITV, it would have been a repeat of 'The Chart Show'. They were showing the truly abysmal 'Bingo' by Catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGj5uHX0wlo&feature=related

WARNING: the clip contains terrible brit-pop, which some viewers might find annoying.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    We have loads of blank videotapes lying around and I think there might be some early-mid 90s stuff still on them. I don't really know what programmes are on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Various things from 1982 including 321, movies and a couple of editions of corrie when we got our first video, a Sanyo Betamax :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got Carmen which I must have recorded in 1984 or before (I can date it from watching it with a bored girlfriend). I'll have to dig it out, because there must be some nice adverts during the breaks. It was on Channel 4 from back in the day when it was an arty channel.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a few films recorded off the TV from the early 1980s. Not sure of the exact year - maybe I can guess by the adverts.

The whole of season 1 of the Young Ones and most of season 2.

Before we had a VCR my sister and I used to record odd random stuff off the TV on audio tape. I've still got a couple of partial episodes of The Liver Birds from about 1978
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Blakes 7 from 1979 recorded on my dads JVC HR 3300 piano key VHS

it was massive and weighed a ton

the tapes were about £8 and had proper cases
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    My dad had a open reel Sony VCR when I lived in america

approx 1972?

the 2 tape reels were on different levels it recorded in black and white

unfortunately didnt keep any of the tapes
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    If it was ITV, it would have been a repeat of 'The Chart Show'. They were showing the truly abysmal 'Bingo' by Catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGj5uHX0wlo&feature=related

WARNING: the clip contains terrible brit-pop, which some viewers might find annoying.

I'm sure it was BBC1.
  • Options
    pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Probably not my oldest recording, but one I can definitely date is the Hammer House of Horror TV episode ‘Witching Time’ which was broadcast on the 13th September 1980.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    got flash gordon and loads of other stuff from 1982-85 on vhs and a few on video 2000 tapes(double sided:))
    they still play fine got boxes of old stuff
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cup finals from '85 and 86. Also a music video I made by recording songs I liked from TOTP in 1984. Lots of FGTH, Nik Kershaw and Wham
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,023
    Forum Member
    We've got an old video or two from Watford footbal games in the 80s..

One was a 8-0 win and the other our 1984 FA Cup appearance.

Somewhere is a copy of Mary Poppins as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1984 we got our first VHS machine... OH said we could go out and buy one when I noticed that they were going to start showing (classic) Star Trek from the beginning :o .

I managed to get all three series except for the so-called 'banned episodes' which a friend later recorded from Sky for me :)

I still have those VHS tapes... :)

A friend still has his betamax m/c :eek: . Next time I see him I'll try and ask him about his stuff :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Before we had a VCR my sister and I used to record odd random stuff off the TV on audio tape...

I did that too... in my teens I recorded... yes you've guessed it the entire three series of (classic) Star Trek. And yes I still have the cassettes :o . Years later, when I had my own car, they were invaluable... never had to buy a 'talking book' for long journeys :) .

Of course, some of the recordings are punctuated by 'real life' such as my dad (RIP) having a coughing fit :( , or my mum coming into the room and saying... you're not recording that bl**dy programme again are you... :mad: