Options

when is itv 2,3,4 HD gonna be on virgin media?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
Forum Member
when is itv2,3,4 HD gonna be on virgin media?

Comments

• Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are already on.

Maybe check before posting next time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    They are already on.

Maybe check before posting next time.

my tivo box has packed up.. waiting for new box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psouth wrote: »
    my tivo box has packed up.. waiting for new box
    They showed up last week. Can't access them on my box as I only have L TV and an SD box.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    I can't believe these channels are on XL only. What a joke. The channels are FTA, so why shouldn't the HD ones be?
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe these channels are on XL only. What a joke. The channels are FTA, so why shouldn't the HD ones be?

You need to ask ITV that, but bear in mind that they have also made them PAY channels on Sky, they presumably have decided that the subscription money would be better for them.
  • Options
    spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    The question should be "when is itv 2,3,4 HD" going to be free and removed from subscription based package it is currently, sodding adverts should pay for it, there enough of them :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spearce8 wrote: »
    The question should be "when is itv 2,3,4 HD" going to be free and removed from subscription based package it is currently, sodding adverts should pay for it, there enough of them :mad:
    Exactly!
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spearce8 wrote: »

Makes no difference to revenue as less watch SD. Still same number of overall viewers.
  • Options
    bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree they are not premium channels and should be on all packages....really poor decision by virgin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Who said it was Virgin's decidion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bronson wrote: »
    Totally agree they are not premium channels and should be on all packages....really poor decision by virgin.

ITV want X amount per viewer, it's taken Virgin over two years to reach an agreement that satisfies them.

I assume that only the higher charge XL package brings in enough to pay ITV whatever they're asking.
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    bronson wrote: »

see this response below
    derek500 wrote: »
    ITV want X amount per viewer, it's taken Virgin over two years to reach an agreement that satisfies them.

I assume that only the higher charge XL package brings in enough to pay ITV whatever they're asking.

Spot on. the channels are not free anywhere else. on sky they are part of the basic TV pack. Mainly because ITV and Sky are big chums with each other.

virgin has tried endlessly to get them and it seems ITV were only satisfied with a set figure. that figure could only be met by those who pay for XL.

Sometimes things are outside of virgin's hands. Yes these should be on M+ but cost is a major thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    see this response below

Spot on. the channels are not free anywhere else. on sky they are part of the basic TV pack. Mainly because ITV and Sky are big chums with each other.

virgin has tried endlessly to get them and it seems ITV were only satisfied with a set figure. that figure could only be met by those who pay for XL.

Sometimes things are outside of virgin's hands. Yes these should be on M+ but cost is a major thing.

Does Sky still own any of the 20% shares they bought from under VM's nose? If so, no wonder Sky got the exclusives for a little while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Sky still own any of the 20% shares they bought from under VM's nose? If so, no wonder Sky got the exclusives for a little while.

I believe they still hold 7.5%.

The ITV2/3/4 HD channels were never a Sky exclusive and were available to Virgin for the right price.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The ITV2/3/4 HD channels were never a Sky exclusive and were available to Virgin for the right price.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise they weren't exclusive. I thought I heard some time ago that they would be exclusive on Sky for sometime before offered to anyone else. Must have been a different channel. :)
  • Options
    VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about CH5 HD, derek?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Sky charge you £10.25 a month for the HD channels

ITV HD 2,3,4 are not free channels

Virgin is doing exactly the same as Sky but putting them in their XL pack where their hidden HD fee is.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/high-definition/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    see this response below

if virgin is worried about the cost,they should put every one on XL so they can afford things.. and better things..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if virgin is worried about the cost,they should put every one on XL so they can afford things.. and better things..
    And what about the customers that cannot afford to get the XL pack.
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Virgin is doing exactly the same as Sky but putting them in their XL pack where their hidden HD fee is.

Spot on!
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And maybe speak to their subscribers' employers and get them to give them all pay rises as well so they can all upgrade? :DThe reason Virgin have different packs is because different people want/are able to spend different amounts on their TV and broadband packages.
  • Options
    seanfitzyseanfitzy Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes plus the £21 for the actual smallest pack from sky making it £31.25 a month
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    What about CH5 HD, derek?

It's not a pay channel on Sky. Isn't it on Virgin too in a basic pack?
  • Options
    VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a pay channel on Sky. Isn't it on Virgin too in a basic pack?

I don't know derek, which is why I asked.

And these ITV 2, 3 and 4 channels seem to be a contentiousness issue for VM users.

But is CH5 HD available too?
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    seanfitzy wrote: »
    Yes plus the £21 for the actual smallest pack from sky making it £31.25 a month

so Virgin in this case works out cheaper for XL than sky does.

£29.50 (including TiVo Fee)
    -OR-
    £24.50 (for VHD)

Obviously you need line rental with VM. but in reality most of us are likely to be paying line rental even if to another company anyway.

VM XL has more than sky basic + HD

With a better box IMO.

just goes to show sky isn't all that cheap.