Options

Election Night: Who will you be watching?

JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who will you be watching on Election Night?

Which channel will you be watching for Election Night? 144 votes

BBC
68% 98 votes
ITV
4% 7 votes
Channel 4
6% 9 votes
Sky News
15% 22 votes
BBC Parliament
0% 0 votes
CNN
0% 1 vote
Other
4% 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what do you mean?
  • Options
    OMcOMc Posts: 3,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by the quality of the debate coverage, I think ITV might have swung me this time around.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will switch between channels depending what they are showing, it will be between BBC and Sky.
  • Options
    tedjrrtedjrr Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably the possibilities are :-

:) BBC1 UK (also BBC2 Scot and Wales)
    BBC1 NI
    BBC1 Scotland (also BBC Parliament?)
    BBC1 Wales (BBC Radio Wales)
    BBC World News and BBC America will have it, but all of it?

;-) ITV and UTV (UTV-I also ???)
    STV

:cool: C4

:cool: S4C (also BBC Radio Cymru)

:p Sky News

:confused: Bloomberg and CNBC** may mention it - CNN and AJ will have a bit, France vingt-quatre may have a lot?. (** and it will be on the 1800/1830 Hrs news show on NBC, CBS and ABC - but nowhere near the lead, probably after the first break)

:o RT will be intrigued at the prospect of an election where the government could lose - Fox News will not understand that we don't wait 5 weeks for re-counts.

:D Radio 4 (Radio 5 Live from midnight) (and BBC WS?)
    Radio Scotland
    BBC Local Radio in England

:kitty: Some commercial radio stations may mention it in passing. - Some community radio stations may realise that there's an election.

:D Everybody's web site will have pretty accurate up-to-date coverage. Even the late editions of the papers will be well to-bed before anyone has a clue what happened.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Kate Abdo and Kirsty Gallacher are presenting on Sky News, so I will be watching their coverage of the nights events.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Kate Abdo and Kirsty Gallacher are presenting on Sky News, so I will be watching their coverage of the nights events.

Kirsty Gallacher? What makes her an expert in politics?
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I'll mostly spend the night watching BBC's coverage, but I'll definitely flick over to C4 every now and then. The combination of David Mitchell and Jeremy Paxman sounds too good to miss.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 at 21:00 in any cause, A lot of the counts doesn't get counted to midnight unless you like exit polls.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be BBC for me. Its the most exciting election ever, and Iv the Friday off so it will be an all nighter for me with a couple of beers as well.
    I do wish the results would come through in a more orderly fashion though :D , somewhere in Sunderland is always first and they spend a couple of hours poring over it even though it is a safe Labour seat. Then it eventually gets to a ridiculous flood with no time to digest it.
    Fascinating tv though-looking forward to it no end.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    DanManF1 wrote: »
    I'll mostly spend the night watching BBC's coverage, but I'll definitely flick over to C4 every now and then. The combination of David Mitchell and Jeremy Paxman sounds too good to miss.
    Yeah, same here. Good to see C4 involved.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC. You'd have to be stupid to watch the other channels (excluding BBC Parliament) considering they have adverts.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC for me - but I'll also be keeping an eye on Sky News through my PC's TV stick.

I'll be Sky+ing the C4 show and the Sky Arts "behind the scenes" transmission.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    DanManF1 wrote: »
    I will be mostly be tuning in for The Last Leg but because they have those two and some other comedians then it looks to be an alternative type of coverage so i'll mostly tune in to that. The BBC's coverage seems quite boring so anything to liven it up will help.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    Kirsty Gallacher? What makes her an expert in politics?
    Why does she have to be an expert in politics? She's a presenter reading from autocue and notes like many other presenters on tv.

How many of the people in programmes on the night will be experts in politics?
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMc wrote: »
    Going by the quality of the debate coverage, I think ITV might have swung me this time around.

Well Question time was the very best last night!!
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC. You'd have to be stupid to watch the other channels (excluding BBC Parliament) considering they have adverts.

Don't know about Channel 4, but if it is like usual Sky and ITV wont have adverts.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    It will be BBC for me. Its the most exciting election ever, and Iv the Friday off so it will be an all nighter for me with a couple of beers as well.
    I do wish the results would come through in a more orderly fashion though :D , somewhere in Sunderland is always first and they spend a couple of hours poring over it even though it is a safe Labour seat. Then it eventually gets to a ridiculous flood with no time to digest it.
    Fascinating tv though-looking forward to it no end.

I would love something like UKIP to get that seat in Sunderland for the first time in years :D
  • Options
    digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having BBC and Sky News on two TV's. Hadn't realised Sky Arts was covering it from behind the scenes, will have to Tivo that to watch later.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be watching any of the overnight coverage.
    tedjrr wrote: »
    Fox News will not understand that we don't wait 5 weeks for re-counts.

I wonder how they would have coped with the Fermanagh and South Tyrone result last time out - Sinn Fein won by just four votes.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be watching it so will hopefully be able catch up on other stuff on my sky planner.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Don't know about Channel 4, but if it is like usual Sky and ITV wont have adverts.

I'd be surprised if ITV don't have adverts. They seem to love them.
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    With Sky having all the counts live, I will be watching them. Will probably flick between it and BBC, Recording the Sky Arts program for later as it sounds interesting.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It'll be Sky News in our house, but I won't be staying up late watching it.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't there be an option for 'None'?

I will certainly not watching, I have managed to avoid all the PEBs, 'debates' and most news bulletins so no intention of watching the coverage especially with Jeremy Vine on again I think.
  • Options
    Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I shall be watching the traditional Dimbleby results show on the BBC ( it will be David Dimbleby's final time presenting the results) until it becomes clear who the largest single party will be . Then I shall have a look at Sky News and maybe see what other news channels are up to.
    By the way why is the 10.pm exit poll being done jointly by the networks, ? In my opinion it would be better for each network to do their own exit poll.