Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well.............. suppose I do.:D

Well, she always wore gloves, didn't she?

No fingerprints! :D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    You didn't see him on TV much after WG, didn't you, the odd guest role & interview, that was it.

(I haven't forgotten the Dr Who 80's & 90's stuff. I was classing those as guest roles!)

Jon Pertwee used to present Whodunnit, in the late 70s.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil Patrick Harris seemed like a bit of a prat when I met him. It was at a signing at San Diego Comic Con so its not like you were interrupting him on a day off or anything but he just looked like he didn't want to be there. He barely looked up from what he was signing and didn't smile once. Jason Segel was sat next to him and was the polar opposite. Smiling, laughing, shaking hands with everyone. Seemed like a really nice guy but really put me off NPH.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Well, she always wore gloves, didn't she?

No fingerprints! :D

She left fingerprints on Russell Harty's face didn't she?:D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was a masterstroke in terms of publicity. How many years on and she will forever be remembered for that.

:D:D
    Forum Member
    That was a masterstroke in terms of publicity. How many years on and she will forever be remembered for that.

:D:D

That and being possibly one of the best ever Bond Girls!
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Pertwee used to present Whodunnit, in the late 70s.

Yep, but that was before Worzel Gummidge though.

(Whodunnit, obviously playing on the fact, he was still a name after 5 years of Dr Who!)
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That and being possibly one of the best ever Bond Girls!

And 'Slave To The Rhythm' - one of the greatest songs ever released.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nicest group of guys I've met were The Prodigy so polite, Mel C a lovely lady , Jarvis Cocker another nice man , Paul Young very nice, Noel Gallager a knob
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Of course I haven't met her .....sorry but someone told me she was very lightfingered.
    Has anyone else heard that about her? :)

Dunno about light fingered, but she did an advert for the Citroen CX back in the 80's (the one where the big Grace Jones head comes up from the ground and she drives out the mouth) and she locked herself in the car until they promised to give her one to keep.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Yep, but that was before Worzel Gummidge though.

(Whodunnit, obviously playing on the fact, he was still a name after 5 years of Dr Who!)

Which goes to show that his fears about typecasting were probably well-founded. He probably decided that since he was never going to be rid of The Doctor, he might as well revel in it.

eta: He was a very close friend of Roger Delgado, who played the first incarnation of The Master. Delgado was killed in a car crash just before he was about to begin filming another Dr Who story, and his death had a profound effect on Pertwee. Might also explain why he didn't want to talk much about Dr Who after he left the show - painful memories.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    she locked herself in the car until they promised to give her one to keep.

I'd have just left her there and walked away. See how long she stayed when she realised someone had stood up to her whims.,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    Dunno about light fingered, but she did an advert for the Citroen CX back in the 80's (the one where the big Grace Jones head comes up from the ground and she drives out the mouth) and she locked herself in the car until they promised to give her one to keep.

Didn't know that one.:D
    I'd have just left her there and walked away. See how long she stayed when she realised someone had stood up to her whims.,

Great idea.:D
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member

I thought she lamped him with her handbag?
    Forum Member

No - wasn't it Thatcher who walloped someone with her handbag?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She did and used her gloved hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpWo15Jc2JQ
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did and used her gloved hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpWo15Jc2JQ

Love the Australian commentary. 'Poor Grace, a couple of small hits that everybodies forgotten. But that's enough about her musical career' :D
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    And 'Slave To The Rhythm' - one of the greatest songs ever released.
    It wasn't even meant to be for Grace Jones but Frankie Goes To Hollywood!

Agree that it's fabulous. Almost 30 years old now too. :o
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    It wasn't even meant to be for Grace Jones but Frankie Goes To Hollywood!

Agree that it's fabulous. Almost 30 years old now too. :o

That's interesting, it's one of those songs that's so linked to a performer that you can't imagine anyone else doing it.
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    An interesting one is Jon Pertwee. For about 15 years after he stopped being Doctor Who, he hated being reminded of it and my friend Tony asked him at a steam rally at Kendal about his time on the show and for all he wasn't nasty, asked him to talk about Worzel Gummidge instead. However, in the last few years of his life, JP was more than happy to go to conventions and act in character.

I don't think that's entirely true. I do think he preferred being Worzel because there was only one rather than being one of several Doctors. He was very active in the convention scene and I'm pretty sure he was at the first in 1977 just a couple of years after he left. He always seemed happy with the association of the show and generally appeared in costume announcing " I AM THE DOCTOR".
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    You can't. I met Rolf Harris years ago at a craft fair. Both he and I were there as chauffeurs and bag-carriers for our partners. I had heard that he didn't like to be "recognised" when he was off-duty, and so I didn't talk about painting or cartoons, or Jake the Peg. We just had a pleasant chat for about 15 minutes while we were bored. He came across as shy, but polite and very funny, in a subtle way. When the charges became public, my gob was well and truly smacked.

Beats me how somebody could go from 'shy' to 'sex abuser'. Yet more proof that shows the court charges don't weigh up (although better not say any more than that).
    Forum Member
    Beats me how somebody could go from 'shy' to 'sex abuser'. Yet more proof that shows the court charges don't weigh up (although better not say any more than that).

How exactly do you think 'sex abusers' normally behave?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No 'proof' at all. Sex offenders vary as much on the extroversion scale as you and I.
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good few years ago now, a friend of a friend was shopping in a supermarket somewhere in LA. When she got to the till, she opened her bag and her purse wasn't there. She had her little baby with her and was buying mostly stuff for her (nappies, food etc) as well as food and the odd bit for the house. Nothing extravagant but the total came to about $80.

She told the cashier that she didn't have any money and was extremely embarrassed. Being a new mother, she was feeling really emotional and vulnerable and just burst into tears. The cashier didn't know what to do! He said he would have to call the manager as he couldn't, obviously, let her take the stuff without paying.

So, the guy standing behind her stepped forward and told the cashier to add her shopping to his (apparently he was just buying one or two items) and told my friend's friend that she had a beautiful baby. She was obviously completely overwhelmed and couldn't say thank you enough. She managed to get a hug out of him too!

She said that she would have to pay him back but he told her it was a gift and to go home and spend time with her baby girl!

That guy?

Justin Timberlake!
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter capaldi. A very polite, kind man who took time to greet fans at a free signing and allow photos and chat with him. Very genuine.