A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 2)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Johnny and CNBC not doing much just readin the end of the other boleyn girl its safe to say its not going to have a happy ending :p:(

And Florence is reissuing Ceremonials i see it was inevitable with the success of the spectrum remix but none the less annoying thats four versions of Lungs and 3 for Ceremonials she's getting like Beyonce :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be going for it because it's only digital and I do not like any of the 3 new songs she has added. But yeah she is becoming a bit like Beyonce
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be going for it because it's only digital and I do not like any of the 3 new songs she has added. But yeah she is becoming a bit like Beyonce

Its only ever annoying as she releases a deluxe to coincide with the standard with usually a good selection of non album tracks i.e Hardest of hearts, Falling, Bedroom Hymns, Strangeness & Charms and then demo's or acoustics which are always good to hear and i have already got spectrum and do not much like breathe of life so yep not going to bother either as i have the deluxe (original) already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello all. Working away and listening to Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Its only ever annoying as she releases a deluxe to coincide with the standard with usually a good selection of non album tracks i.e Hardest of hearts, Falling, Bedroom Hymns, Strangeness & Charms and then demo's or acoustics which are always good to hear and i have already got spectrum and do not much like breathe of life so yep not going to bother either as i have the deluxe (original) already.

She needs to bring out like a B-side/demo/unreleased type album. There were tons of songs from the Lungs sessions which i really really liked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey wald glad to hear one of us is working hard :p

And so true LM by constantly reissuing she is diminishing her great work she is one of our best most exciting artists and she is just damaging herself by being unreliable and people will catch on and wait 6 months or so for the inevitable reissue so a b-sides is a fantastic idea as it will make stand alones etc readily available for fans and non fans alike and possibly a remix too.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone. I stayed at a friends house last night. How are you all?
    Forum Member
    Where is everybody? I've been on a bit of a spending spree on Amazon again. Bought a couple of DVDs. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Where is everybody? I've been on a bit of a spending spree on Amazon again. Bought a couple of DVDs. :o

I'm here hope you had fun last night :)

And any exciting DVD's ?
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member

I got paid today but I am going to try and go a month without buying anything on Amazon MP3. I'm suffering withdrawal already :(
    Forum Member
    I got paid today but I am going to try and go a month without buying anything on Amazon MP3. I'm suffering withdrawal already :(

Good luck! :D
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Ah so our British gymnast girls didn't get a medal but I guess going up against the likes of China, USA etc you're hitting your head against a brick wall, it's still a personal best for them. Just hope Beth Tweddle can get something in the singles seeing it's her last Olympics
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Ah so our British gymnast girls didn't get a medal but I guess going up against the likes of China, USA etc you're hitting your head against a brick wall, it's still a personal best for them. Just hope Beth Tweddle can get something in the singles seeing it's her last Olympics

Oh no :( Oh well, they did their best. Well done, girls!
    Forum Member
    Oh no :( Oh well, they did their best. Well done, girls!

Yeah haha! Still not really happy about yesterday with the bitching Japanese! :mad:
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Yeah haha! Still not really happy about yesterday with the bitching Japanese! :mad:

I didn't see anything yesterday as I was with a friend but I read about it on Twitter.
    Forum Member
    I didn't see anything yesterday as I was with a friend but I read about it on Twitter.

When we were confirmed bronze, the commentator basically said to get silver the Japanese would really have to mess up and we were all like oh that won't happen! Then they did and everyone was ecstatic, then our parade got rained upon...originally the Japanese were going to finish fourth but the fact they were elevated to places to 2nd is unacceptable in my opinion I think it's also unfair as Ukraine were told they were getting bronze then the poor things had it taken away from them
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening! Just back from M&S. I went there to get something for dinner. What's happening in the Olympics at the moment?
    Forum Member
    Listening to some really guilty pop :o
    Forum Member
    I've just found this duo called The Pierces.

It Will Not Be Forgotten was played a lot at a previous workplace. Secret and Three Wishes were used in Gossip Girl.

EDIT - Just found out that my workplace played You'll Be Mine as well.

I've added one of their albums to my amazon wish list. :)
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pissed off with Live Nation. :mad:

Completely obsessed with the Olympics though. And today I finally smelt truth or dare (Madonna) and wasn't too keen at first but once it settled it smelt gorgeous. I think I'm going to have to go and get me a big bottle in the week.

Music wise I've been listening to nothing but Madonna again. I think I might have a bit of a Courtney Love/Hole day tomorrow though. I've seriously rejected the music a bit lately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not connecting with Music at the moment, minus Madonna
    I go through moment when no music really pleases me or i don't want to listen to anything
    Forum Member
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    Completely obsessed with the Olympics though.

So am I. I was watching the swimming not long ago. Next week won't be as good though seeing as it's mostly athletics and I find them rather boring.
    Forum Member
    I tell you what watching our women's football team then, I actually prefer it to men's football...when the girls fall over they're straight back up again, they're focused and they've just beaten Brazil! :D
    Forum Member
    Listening to some really guilty pop :o

Cheesy pop? :p
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Hey all, what you up to today?

This morning I http://youtu.be/jYSxaZikpYA :D
This discussion has been closed.