Overplay problem

Lady DynorodLady Dynorod Posts: 1,462
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi...
I've just moved house to Spain and I have taken my Overplay account with me, I was in France before.

I have a Movistar fibre optic line in the new place. As before I put the Overplay Smart DNS on the router, but this time it doesn't work.

The Smart DNS does work for individual laptops - no problem - but not for all devices on the router.

The Movistar set up has a router and also another smaller box. The smaller box takes in the phone line and then is cabled on to the router.

I can input the Overplay DNS in the router no problem. Even if you look at the router from one of the laptops which is geoblocked it still shows the correct Overplay DNS which I had input.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    try going to www.overplay.net/t and see what you get?

Also try the live support on their site
  • Lady DynorodLady Dynorod Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I tried live support. Basically they were not much help. Seems a bit odd since Movistar are the main carrier in Spain...
  • gothergother Posts: 14,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try another dns provider such as unblockus or unotelly. Overplay is awful.
    Also it'll help eliminate overplay as the issue if you get same issues. Both unblock and unotelly give free 7 day trial so nothing to lose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you use?
  • johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you use?

Not directed at me but i use unblock-us and never had any problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive just done a trial with Unblock-Us and used it on my laptop, fine all works. Put their router numbers in the router, same thing, doesn't work.

Normally these problems end up being me doing something wrong.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who do you use?

i use unotelly.
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an issue yesterday with the Overplay VPN and I found it happened using the default openvpn connection (trying to contact a UK site from Denmark). I selected advanced connection, and chose a PTPP connection instead and it then worked.

I know you were using DNS not the VPN - I am not sure why DNS does not work. Has you pc/device got dns also set as this would override the smart dns settings.?