Coming to Netflix UK Soon

This is what you be seeing added over the next few months which is not looking that great to be honest :( Charlie Bartlett, 50 dean men walking, Lion for lambs, Bats, the cry of the owl, A goofy movie & the muppet movie. Can hardly wait lol.

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I got rid months ago as the content was awfully poor.
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad I use unblock us ! Sounds awfull
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imaging there's a tad more than that ..
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the £1 increase for new customers is being spent well.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I'd imaging there's a tad more than that ..
    Yes i`m sure there be some surprise additions but recently netflix UK have been adding average content.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i`m sure there be some surprise additions but recently netflix UK have been adding average content.

Another example of how bad Sky's stranglehold on the main movie studios is bad for competition I suppose.

I still think Netflix have a decent selection overall, but then I suppose I don't use it all the time so people who do might think differently.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth paying the Canada $4.99 a month (about £2.70) for unblock-us.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    It's worth paying the Canada $4.99 a month (about £2.70) for unblock-us.

Or even better is Ad-Freetime at only $1.99 (about £1.19)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Or even better is Ad-Freetime at only $1.99 (about £1.19)

Interesting - how reliable are they ?
  • GaMeFaNaTiCGaMeFaNaTiC Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Interesting - how reliable are they ?

No problems here with them. They have an app too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problems here with them. They have an app too!

Nice one, i might look in to them then. I don't generally use Netflix all that much anyway, but for just over a quid it might be nice to at least have the option of more choice.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Nice one, i might look in to them then. I don't generally use Netflix all that much anyway, but for just over a quid it might be nice to at least have the option of more choice.

I have been really pleased with Ad-Freetime. Gives access to ten NF regions and also blocks annoying ads on your PC. In fact it works well at blocking ads on this very site!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I have been really pleased with Ad-Freetime. Gives access to ten NF regions and also blocks annoying ads on your PC. In fact it works well at blocking ads on this very site!

just signed up for it actually. changed the DNS settings as instructed and have subsequently removed adblock plus from chrome and the increase in overall browsing speed was instantly noticeable.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ten regions? I currently have UK, US, Canada, Sweden, Denmark. What am I missing?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Ten regions? I currently have UK, US, Canada, Sweden, Denmark. What am I missing?

I'm not sure about other services, but www.unblock-us.com supports access to 19 regions:
    Austria
    Argentina
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Canada
    Columbia
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Ireland
    Luxembourg
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    UK
    US.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you - I'll give some of those a try although I'm not sure how much English-language content Netflix Columbia might have (for instance)! :)
  • markydeedropmarkydeedrop Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Thank you - I'll give some of those a try although I'm not sure how much English-language content Netflix Columbia might have (for instance)! :)

The bulk of it is in English with subtitles where applicable.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homeland Season 3 and American Horror Story Coven coming in October to the UK
  • Mr MessyMr Messy Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Season 3 of the brilliant Lilyhammer will be available on 21 Nov.
  • War OnWar On Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I'm not sure about other services, but www.unblock-us.com supports access to...

Sorry for the dumb question... Does unblock-us allow you access to the international versions of Netflix by using my UK login details or do you need to sign up for each international version that you want to use separately?
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    War On wrote: »
    Sorry for the dumb question... Does unblock-us allow you access to the international versions of Netflix by using my UK login details or do you need to sign up for each international version that you want to use separately?
    Your Netflix username and password is valid for every region. Unblock-us (and the others) just connect you to an appropriate server machine (for the region you preset) when you connect using the generic name "netflix.com"
  • War OnWar On Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    Your Netflix username and password is valid for every region. Unblock-us (and the others) just connect you to an appropriate server machine (for the region you preset) when you connect using the generic name "netflix.com"

Thanks BKM! That's very interesting to know :D
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2 of The Bridge has just been added.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I'm not sure about other services, but www.unblock-us.com supports access to 19 regions:
    Austria
    Argentina
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Canada
    Columbia
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Ireland
    Luxembourg
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    UK
    US.

And gets rid of subtitles, which is a plus in my eyes.
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain to me what unblock-us is?

I have netflix UK and would love if I could access more regions, I don't mind paying if it isn't much.