BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Morning Everyone.:)

Seems overcast here at the mo.
    Forecast for today from yesterday said partly cloudy.
    Today it says mostly cloudy, great.:(

I wonder if partly cloudy means, cloudy for part of the sky, or cloudy for part of the day, or cloudy for part of the sky and part of the day?,

Off for the chool run soon, got work today though so i'll have to go straight on afterwards.

Hope i can still get brekki though, they don't shut that particular canteen till 11am.
    It's a breakfast only one.
    nowahalla wrote: »
    kickboxing in ten mins....gentle lesson I think, still traumatised by googling high tibial osteotomy pics...:eek::cry:
    Am arranging to get a second opinion, and making lists of questions too...
    OH, needless to say has already started cracking tasteless jokes about trading me in 'cos I've failed my MOT:rolleyes:
    Morning Halla.:)
    If your bad leg is your left one then put splints on it and go as a right footed kick boxer.:D
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good Morning All,:)

Bright and sunny again and I'm sure you will all be pleased to hear that I removed my stitches easily with the aid of the stitch ripper and a torch-wielding hubby....:p

Usual market, Supermarket, new cushion hunt today - same as last week...
    Morning Arte.:)
    Love the sound of a stitch ripper.:eek:
    At least you got help, of sorts.:D
    Mornings :):eek::eek: I had visions of a welders blow torch.
    Morning Balders.:)
    Yes, to melt the gut stitches.:D
    Morning halla :D

Morning Arte :D

Glad the stitches are out ::D

Morning Balders :D
    Morning Flora.:)
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning all :D
    Morning SR.:)
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Morning EddyBee.:)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Morning Everyone.:)

Seems overcast here at the mo.
    Forecast for today from yesterday said partly cloudy.
    Today it says mostly cloudy, great.:(

I wonder if partly cloudy means, cloudy for part of the sky, or cloudy for part of the day, or cloudy for part of the sky and part of the day?,

Off for the chool run soon, got work today though so i'll have to go straight on afterwards.

Hope i can still get brekki though, they don't shut that particular canteen till 11am.
    It's a breakfast only one.

Morning Halla.:)
    If your bad leg is your left one then put splints on it and go as a right footed kick boxer.:D

Morning Arte.:)
    Love the sound of a stitch ripper.:eek:
    At least you got help, of sorts.:D

Morning Balders.:)
    Yes, to melt the gut stitches.:D

Morning Flora.:)

Morning SR.:)

Morning EddyBee.:)

Morning Hicky :D

School run and work thats tough luck. You should be in plenty of time for the breakfast canteen, cant have you going hungry :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's chancing her bloody luck......oh boohoo poor meeeeee.I'm such a victim. :rolleyes: 26? She looks a lot older than that! :eek:

26:eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    Morning Hicky :D

School run and work thats tough luck. You should be in plenty of time for the breakfast canteen, cant have you going hungry :D
    Yep, the bosses are pretty easy going.:D
    It's the only meal i have at work.

Just have a cuppa every hour.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning chaps:)

Eventful start to the day with an overturning and exploding LPG truck closing one of the main roads into the city:eek:

In other news, eldest is pee'd off again:rolleyes: this time because the school have scheduled two trips for next year in the same dates and she wants to do both:D - one is to Seoul with a trip to the border with North Korea, and the other is a trek to Everest Base Camp:eek: - s'not fair, when I was at school we were lucky if we got a trip to the Trossachs:( ..wonders if I can pass myself off as daughter and go on trek....;):D

When I was 15 or 16 the school offered the first 'educational cruise' I seem to recall to the Holy Land???? There was no way my parents could have afforded to send me so I didn't ask, but I remember being so impressed about a decent school trup for once!
    kickboxing in ten mins....gentle lesson I think, still traumatised by googling high tibial osteotomy pics...:eek
    Am arranging to get a second opinion, and making lists of questions too...
    OH, needless to say has already started cracking tasteless jokes about trading me in 'cos I've failed my MOT:rolleyes:

Halla son with possible info didn't come last night, he's coming later today on his way to the airport. Will quiz him then.
    Forum Member
    Good Morning All,:)

Bright and sunny again and I'm sure you will all be pleased to hear that I removed my stitches easily with the aid of the stitch ripper and a torch-wielding hubby....:p

Usual market, Supermarket, new cushion hunt today - same as last week...

Well done you, saved you a trip.
    This woman must be stupid - sure as hell if I were one of the syndicate I know she would get nothing from me after that article, should have kept her mouth shut instead of playing the victim. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4212848/Lotto-bus-mum-Id-hand-them-1million-theyve-given-me-nothing.html
    She's chancing her bloody luck......oh boohoo poor meeeeee.I'm such a victim. :rolleyes: 26? She looks a lot older than that! :eek:

Bitterness is so aging:cool: What an idiot, it's a total non story.
    Forum Member
    Morning all:)

Planning a quieter day today with any luck. I've been racing about like a blue ar$ed fly all week, enough's enough!
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this :D:D:D is he looking at the fly on his nose?!!
    brilliant pic:D

I think so. And he looks so tatty because he had been leaping about in the water.

His eyes look a bit cloudy, I hope his vision isn’t impaired.
    Forum Member
    Just popped in.
    Got brekki on the way in, walked past the canteen staircase and got a takeaway as i was passing as it was 10am brekki time.

Got quite a bit to do so just chat or argue amongst yourselves.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

But she was in hospital for dizziness.

Poor thing. :rolleyes:
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I think so. And he looks so tatty because he had been leaping about in the water.

I thought he looked a bit tatty.

His eyes do look funny, like he's squinting:confused:
    Forum Member

Afternoon Gemo.:)

Forgot to say Good Morning in th Morning, pressure of work.:D

Anyway, done most of it, can leave some till Monday now.

Just got some Method & Risk Assessments to do for one of the jobs, boss at lunch though.
    Don't know which job, got so many on the books, about 60, we usually have about that many.

Had the bank manager in, showed him the company accounts i keep, the record files for orders & invoices, he seemed happy enough, a lot of companies want a lot of money down and the rest on delivery, makes it awkward when your dealing with massive figures, we only get paid 60 days after an invoice is received by the paying company..
    Forum Member
    This little Squirrel never stops eating, it reminds me of someone.:D

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2705/2705763uud9vp6e1y.gif
    Forum Member
    Interesting.
    Big Brother 13 Launch night 7th June 2012
    Tickets £10

http://twitpic.com/8zf4go
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But she was in hospital for dizziness.

Poor thing. :rolleyes:
    That must have been the cause of ageing her! :rolleyes:
    Hicky wrote: »
    Interesting.
    Big Brother 13 Launch night 7th June 2012
    Tickets £10

http://twitpic.com/8zf4go
    :confused: Why is that interesting?

Afternoon all. :D
    Forum Member
    That must have been the cause of ageing her! :rolleyes:

:confused: Why is that interesting?

Afternoon all. :D
    It seems a long time till June
    I was hoping it would start in May, wonder if the next CBB will start in October then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Son has cast off, doctors say he has a butterfly fracture that wasn’t set properly in Tunisia and it isn’t healing and he may lose his lower leg.

That seems incredibly drastic and I can’t believe there isn’t another solution.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Son has cast off, doctors say he has a butterfly fracture that wasn’t set properly in Tunisia and it isn’t healing and he may lose his lower leg.

:eek::eek:
    WHAT! Good god, one would assume in this day & age they could either break & re set it, or pin & plate it. I would be seeking a 2nd opinion Gemo.
    Forum Member

OMG Gemo that sounds drastic as you say - I'm sure he'll be seeking 2nd and 3rd opinions. I imagine that for such a young man the right medic would pull out all the stops and explore every possible avenue. You must be in shock.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry to hear that Gemo, there must be another solution surely.
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Noooo. I can't believe it either. Hell. When will you find out more?
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Dear Lord Gemo, I do hope something can be done!:eek:
    ***Hugs ***:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek::eek:
    WHAT! Good god, one would assume in this day & age they can even break & re set it! I would be seeking a 2nd opinion Gemo.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    OMG Gemo that sounds drastic as you say - I'm sure he'll be seeking 2nd and 3rd opinions. I imagine that for such a young man the right medic would pull out all the stops and explore every possible avenue. You must be in shock.
    Sorry to hear that Gemo, there must be another solution surely.
    Littsis wrote: »
    Noooo. I can't believe it either. Hell. When will you find out more?

He will find out more in about six weeks when the pins are due to come out. I’m nagging Mr G for us to go down and see him in the next couple of weeks.

I thought amputation happened if there was infection and there is no sign of that.

He hasn’t had another plaster put on and he can wear shoes but he’s been told not to put any weight on it. Everyone has told him to put dried peas in his shoe.

I think they were being melodramatic and dissing Tunisian workmanship. When I had my incident I was told I could’ve lost part of my lung.

I’m going to do a lot of googling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear Lord Gemo, I do hope something can be done!:eek:
    ***Hugs ***:(:(

I think they’ve just given him the worst case scenario.

I’ve done some googling and found people saying that this type of fracture takes a long time to heal, but I haven’t yet found anyone saying they’ve had their limb chopped off.
    Forum Member

I think they’ve just given him the worst case scenario.

I’ve done some googling and found people saying that this type of fracture takes a long time to heal, but I haven’t yet found anyone saying they’ve had their limb chopped off.

That sounds far more positive and also more realistic to me. I can imagine that if the break typically takes a long time to heal, without proper care it could become infected - but not when you live in civilisation:cool:
This discussion has been closed.