The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Well done you #LFC peeps, I'm happy for you! :)*paintedsmilie*:)

But sad to see the departure of Deefs from DS, having been worn down by the bitching against FMs. :(
    I'll miss her level-headed/sensible commentary, constructive posts . . . . and even her disapproval of my non-PC fun! :p

If you lurk Deefs, never say never . . . remember OBH will be back one day! ;)
    In the meantime, JJAT salutes you . . . and I'll see you on the darkside! :D

Huh? What has happened to Deefs?
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Huh? What has happened to Deefs?

For those that don't know, Angie has closed her DS account :(

She's still around on twitter.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    LINDY We did it :p

JJAT We did it :p

LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOL DID IT
    kfb wrote: »
    Three cheers for Liverpool :D:D:D
    The boys done good. :p

:( for Everton
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Last time I watched British footie all I saw was players passing to the opposition, was too frustrating to carry on watching

Used to go to the Estadio Azteca a lot in Mexico .. I usually support Mexico in the World Cup.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9Ax8vqE4nb_m96apGTbnl9Acpi4IsxVge0q6213PcmrcwW5N7

YAYYYYY!!!!!! :D (not many smilies left)

Well done Liverpool!!

Boy, have I had a day too! Have had nearly 36 hours offline as my laptop suffered a major cyber infection - I'm just back on now :) It was all sorted out by a great outfit in India whose strapline is 'Great Tech, Good Karma' :p They're called iYogi - I felt they deserved a pat on the back
    Forum Member
    Oh and I did watch the match too - after putting in an offer on the 'great house, bit out in the sticks' :D:D:D
    Forum Member

Oh I'm sorry, I will miss her :(:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »

Well done Liverpool!!

Boy, have I had a day too! Have had nearly 36 hours offline as my laptop suffered a major cyber infection - I'm just back on now :) It was all sorted out by a great outfit in India whose strapline is 'Great Tech, Good Karma' :p They're called iYogi - I felt they deserved a pat on the back

lol I used GeekstoGo years ago, they were great too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I'm sorry, I will miss her :(:(:(

Yes it makes me sad too, I even wept :(
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member

I am very very sorry to hear the news about Deefs. I'm not on twitter but would appreciate it if someone could please tell her that and wish her all the very best.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Glad to hear Liverpool won even though I'm not a footie fan. More rugby and cricket for me - and American football and ice hockey and basketball.

Very very sorry to hear about Deefs and wish her the very very best of everything.

False alarm on the fridge front. Someone turned it off:confused::confused:

Had a lovely day in London yesterday, saw the changing of the guard at Horseguard - wonderful horses - and then a fascinating time in Churchill's War rooms - only one flushing toilet. Don't think I could manage with chamber pots. If you are near Whitehall, do go - it really is interesting.

Only problem is that my planar ligament has flared up again and I'm going to bite the bullet and see the physio again. Yuch!

No news I see so I'll go back to the Sunday papers. Hope all is well with everyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    I am very very sorry to hear the news about Deefs. I'm not on twitter but would appreciate it if someone could please tell her that and wish her all the very best.

She's reading and knows :) She has asked me to send you her love Annie :)
    Forum Member
    lol I used GeekstoGo years ago, they were great too :)

It really felt like a cyber attack :eek: Then something called SMART HDD came on the screen and offered to solve my 'critical hard disk' if I just paid for it...ie gave them my bank details :eek: fortunately I just had the presence of mind not to do this - it was all very realistic. Of course SMART was all part of the attack / infection :rolleyes:
    Yes it makes me sad too, I even wept :(

I know, we will all miss her a lot. :( Do let her know that, if and when you are in touch, won't you? Thanks :)

Edit: just seen above post

Waves to Deefs xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really felt like a cyber attack :eek: Then something called SMART HDD came on the screen and offered to solve my 'critical hard disk' if I just paid for it...ie gave them my bank details :eek: fortunately I just had the presence of mind not to do this - it was all very realistic. Of course SMART was all part of the attack / infection :rolleyes:

I know, we will all miss her a lot. :( Do let her know that, if and when you are in touch, won't you? Thanks :)

Angie is reading this as we speak lol so she knows and is very grateful for all the loveliness on here :) **waves to Angie :D **
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is very very sad.I loved her balanced and very reasonable posts:( As long as she hasnt been banned I hope she will reconsider coming back sometime.
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi Deefs, we need a waving smilie.:) Really gonna miss you posting here. Why do people have to spoil things? Makes me really cross.:mad:

Not on twitter so I'll wish you all the best and keep reading, I'm sure we'll manage to put a smile on your face from here sometimes.;):D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot my manners, hi to everyone.:) Mixed weather today sunny spells but a bitterly cold north wind.:eek:

Internet been painfully slow the last couple of days. Takes ages to load a page, often times out. Keep losing our signal. Even my mobile is taking ages to deliver messages, it stops in the middle of sending it. What is going on I wonder?:confused:
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    That is very very sad.I loved her balanced and very reasonable posts:( As long as she hasnt been banned I hope she will reconsider coming back sometime.

I agree Ucra one thing about Deefs she was very honest if she didnt agree with something she would say. Thats why i loved her posts. I hope she decides to come back.

One other thing Leeds United 4 - 1 Peterborough United

I bet that cheered her up it did me. :)

R.I.P to the 96 liverpool fans who sadly passed away at Hillsborough 23 years ago today.
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member

NOoooooooooooooooo :(

Come back :(
    JJat are gonna miss ya :(
    i,m gonna miss ya :(

Georgyxxxx :(
    Forum Member

Well done Liverpool!!

Never enough smilies

don,t know who uses them all :o

:p:p:p:p:p:p
    Forum Member
    Oh and I did watch the match too - after putting in an offer on the 'great house, bit out in the sticks' :D:D:D

Lindy
    Good luck, when will you hear
    so exciting :D
    Georgyx
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all.

Glad to hear Liverpool won even though I'm not a footie fan. More rugby and cricket for me - and American football and ice hockey and basketball.

Very very sorry to hear about Deefs and wish her the very very best of everything.

False alarm on the fridge front. Someone turned it off:confused::confused:

Had a lovely day in London yesterday, saw the changing of the guard at Horseguard - wonderful horses - and then a fascinating time in Churchill's War rooms - only one flushing toilet. Don't think I could manage with chamber pots. If you are near Whitehall, do go - it really is interesting.

Only problem is that my planar ligament has flared up again and I'm going to bite the bullet and see the physio again. Yuch!

No news I see so I'll go back to the Sunday papers. Hope all is well with everyone.

So pleased you had a good
    time, but please rest up and take care
    of yourself, hope your enjoyed the Sunday papers :D
    Forum Member

Come back Deefs :(
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Hi Deefs, we need a waving smilie.:) Really gonna miss you posting here. Why do people have to spoil things? Makes me really cross.:mad:

Not on twitter so I'll wish you all the best and keep reading, I'm sure we'll manage to put a smile on your face from here sometimes.;):D

Hello Lena

me to :mad:

we can always tweet her for you, if needed lena :)
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    yes come back deefs...

and great news on the house front lindy....fingers crossed all will be well

my new job starts tomorro....so I might not be around as much....but I will still be popping back in im sure.....

have I missed anything exciting???
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »
    I agree Ucra one thing about Deefs she was very honest if she didnt agree with something she would say. Thats why i loved her posts. I hope she decides to come back.

One other thing Leeds United 4 - 1 Peterborough United

I bet that cheered her up it did me. :)

R.I.P to the 96 liverpool fans who sadly passed away at Hillsborough 23 years ago today.

Congrats ellemay on Leeds :)

and well said R.I.P to Liverpool Fan, Hillsborough
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    yes come back deefs...

and great news on the house front lindy....fingers crossed all will be well

my new job starts tomorro....so I might not be around as much....but I will still be popping back in im sure.....

have I missed anything exciting???

Hellooooo Augusta,
    so you survived the French Countryside :D
    and now it time to tackle the little kids :o
    Goodluck with the new job :D

no John News :cool:
This discussion has been closed.