EE - It was not Ians fault that Bianca is in Prison!!!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lousiana wrote: »
    but Ian has never made any effort with Bianca & the kids.

At least Tanya for all her faults and looking down on others has tried to help Bianca and she is not even her blood family.

There's no reason for Ian not to get on with Bianca, as for Bianca not treating Ian with respect, please we are talking isolated incidents here. Let's not forget that Ian was on Bianca's doorstep making very offensive remarks about Tony/Whitney in December 2008, it works both ways...

Isolated incidents? Bianca hates Ian as much as he hates her.

And as someone pointed out you don't HAVE to get along with your family. Yes it does go back to David Wicks ultimately, but it's not really important. As harsh as that sounds that's the truth, people don't always get along in life, this is one example of that.

Ian for all his faults hasn't actually tried killing anyone, firing Bianca's nowhere near as bad as that so I don't get the comparison to Tanya.
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Isolated incidents? Bianca hates Ian as much as he hates her.

And as someone pointed out you don't HAVE to get along with your family. Yes it does go back to David Wicks ultimately, but it's not really important. As harsh as that sounds that's the truth, people don't always get along in life, this is one example of that.

Ian for all his faults hasn't actually tried killing anyone, firing Bianca's nowhere near as bad as that so I don't get the comparison to Tanya.
    The comparison was in the context of how they treat Bianca so I don't see the need to bring unrelated incidents into it?

But for what it's worth Ian tried to kill Simon after he found out about him and Cindy.

It's not about having stuff in common, or being close, there's members of my family I have not seen for years and I doubt they would come to me expecting a hand out but this is Walford where they all live in each other's pockets and everyone's business is public property, it's about showing compassion, Ian didn't even have to lend her the money. All he had to do for me is tell her that he couldn't, maybe you think he didn't owe her that, but the way the scene played out instead made him look like a d*ck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comparison was in the context of how they treat Bianca so I don't see the need to bring unrelated incidents into it?

But for what it's worth Ian tried to kill Simon after he found out about him and Cindy.

It's not about having stuff in common, or being close, there's members of my family I have not seen for years and I doubt they would come to me expecting a hand out but this is Walford where they all live in each other's pockets and everyone's business is public property, it's about showing compassion, Ian didn't even have to lend her the money. All he had to do for me is tell her that he couldn't, maybe you think he didn't owe her that, but the way the scene played out instead made him look like a d*ck.

OK sorry forgot about that :o

Yes you're right Tanya tried to help Bianca, but Bianca threw that back in her face, too proud to even accept food from her to feed Tiff and Morgan. Why then does she feel that she's owed anything, particularly from Ian, whom she's never gotten along with?

But Ian IS a dick. That is, or was, the point of his character. But again, he doesn't even owe Bianca that, never mind how I feel about it, he just doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes you're right Tanya tried to help Bianca, but Bianca threw that back in her face, too proud to even accept food from her to feed Tiff and Morgan. Why then does she feel that she's owed anything, particularly from Ian, whom she's never gotten along with?

But Ian IS a dick. That is, or was, the point of his character. But again, he doesn't even owe Bianca that, never mind how I feel about it, he just doesn't.
    See if Bianca was just a bit short then I could understand his flippant attitude but she was in serious trouble so Ian should've put his pettiness to one side and at least said while he would like to help he unfortunately can't. That just makes him a decent human being as his family were facing eviction.

He doesn't owe Bianca anything just because he's her uncle but I guess I am not as hard as the Ian character. If any relatives of mine came to me even ones I had not seen for years and asked for my help then I would at least consider it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See if Bianca was just a bit short then I could understand his flippant attitude but she was in serious trouble so Ian should've put his pettiness to one side and at least said while he would like to help he unfortunately can't. That just makes him a decent human being as his family were facing eviction.

He doesn't owe Bianca anything just because he's her uncle but I guess I am not as hard as the Ian character. If any relatives of mine came to me even ones I had not seen for years and asked for my help then I would at least consider it.

Ian's a cold, business-minded man. He was doing what pretty much any employer would do in his situation. That's in addition to being a dick, which I don't deny.

Most people would help their family out. Saying that, there are a good number of people like Ian out there so it's not unrealistic.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian and Bianca don't come from one big happy family. Ian was raised by his parents Pete and Kathy and David was raised by Pat and stepdad Brian. So despite being half-brothers Ian and David were virtually strangers as they didn't see each other as kids and wouldnt consider themselves brothers. Then David wasn't even a part of his daughter Bianca's life and didn't even know of her existence till she was in her 20s. So the whole "Ian and Bianca are related thing" is very overstated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian and Bianca don't come from one big happy family. Ian was raised by his parents Pete and Kathy and David was raised by Pat and stepdad Brian. So despite being half-brothers Ian and David were virtually strangers as they didn't see each other as kids and wouldnt consider themselves brothers. Then David wasn't even a part of his daughter Bianca's life and didn't even know of her existence till she was in her 20s. So the whole "Ian and Bianca are related thing" is very overstated.

Very good point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been the time and opportunity for Ian and Bianca to develop a bond but they don't seem to have much time for each other. (a shame cos this would strengthen the Beale family)

That said they hardly have a feud going on or grounds for one, if that were the case Ian wouldn't have employed her in the first place, so like I say a little bit of compassion for his niece wouldn't have gone amiss IMO.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you remember one Christmas when Ian gave his Christmas Dinner to Bianca and her family, this was also when Darren, Garry, Minty, Dawn, Heather and Shirley broke into the cafe and helped themselves to a fry up, after that they were sharing curry's with the Beales and Masoods!
    and Christian and the vests!

If not then here! @2:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8IN4zA5FOY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Do you remember one Christmas when Ian gave his Christmas Dinner to Bianca and her family, this was also when Darren, Garry, Minty, Dawn, Heather and Shirley broke into the cafe and helped themselves to a fry up, after that they were sharing curry's with the Beales and Masoods!
    and Christian and the vests!

If not then here! @2:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8IN4zA5FOY

Cheers for that :)

So now we can't say that Ian's always been horrible to Bianca - in addition to giving her a job and putting up with her wandering off (a LOT) he's also helped her out too.

Side note: Sean singing in the Square - hilarious :D:D