Anna Windass and Rita

Comments

• Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I am sorry this is Annas grandchild so you can hardly blame her frustration, as for how she spoke to Rita she was hardly threatening personally towards Rita. Rita spoke to Tina in a very similar manner when she got to the hospital.

But Tina isn't an 80 yrd woman.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    But Tina isn't an 80 yrd woman.

That's a bit double standards.

So it's ok for a 80 year old woman to speak in a stern manner but it's not ok for someone to speak in a stern manner to an 80 year old woman!!!

The altercation between Rita and Anna was acceptable between the two adults. Rita and Anna are on the same par, Anna is hardly the intimidating type like Becky McDonald or Kylie Platt.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna whacks Tina one next week!

(according to our TV Mag)

Tina has slapped people in the past its time she had a taste of her own medicine.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    That's a bit double standards.

So it's ok for a 80 year old woman to speak in a stern manner but it's not ok for someone to speak in a stern manner to an 80 year old woman!!!

The altercation between Rita and Anna was acceptable between the two adults. Rita and Anna are on the same par, Anna is hardly the intimidating type like Becky McDonald or Kylie Platt.

At least you get it :p:D

I'm in my late 40's but would NEVER speak to a woman of Rita's age like that. Apart from the fact that I'd think it was a completely unfair fight (and not being a bully I always like a fair fight) I'd be worried in case she got so upset she had a heart attack/stroke or similar :o (whether they like it or not older people's health is much more precarious). But ultimately I suppose it's my upbringing, respect your elders drummed into me etc.

There were ways of telling Rita what she thought about the situation without getting in her face and practically growling. But I suppose Anna isn't capable of that or she's too tied up in the emotions of the moment, knowing how devastated her cub Gary is going to be etc.

What I'd like (but what will never happen in a million years) is for Anna to acknowledge the fact that she went too far with an old but most of all INNOCENT woman and for her to save her bile for Tina and perhaps her apologist (because he wants to get back into her knickers) Tommy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that it was a clear threat of violence was the vile thing, but it was insane as Rita was agreeing with them at that point.

Cant see Rita being on their side now, especially after Gary was kicking their door.

The moral here is dont prey on and pay a desperate down on their luck bar maid who has never had a kid to be the carrier of yours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menime123 wrote: »
    Actually I kept watching the episode thinking "they aren't half as angry as they all should be". 80 or not, Rita can hold her own. What do we want, Anna and Rita to have a chat over a cup of tea about how upsetting it all is? Anna didn't say anything about Rita, and Rita - as Tina's self appointed nearest and dearest - got the earful abut how wicked Tina has been.

Personally I think some of you all need to put this into perspective - as a family they've spent thousands bringing a person into the world, opened their homes and lives to the surrogate, gave her a job, a home, gave her money, increased her working hours when one of her other jobs became unavailable, fed her, trusted and befriended her, the poor baby was 2 months premature, has already had an operation to save his life and on the day that they finally get to hold him, the surrogate turns around and says "Legally he's mine. I love him, I'm keeping him and you can't see him". Tina hasn't just messed with Izzy ad Gary - the whole family have been building up to this.

As for Anna, this is her first biological grandchild, and possibly the only child Gary and Izzy will have without adoption. She's watched Owen struggle financially and almost lose his business, knowing that had they not needed a surrogate, he'd have a bit of money to fall back on, in addition to lost rent from the flat the surrogate is living in (presumably rent free).

What is Anna supposed to do - sit around and pretend everything will be alright? At the end of the day, someone has turned around and said that they are taking the baby and there is absolutely nothing legally that can be done to stop it. How is Anna supposed to feel and act?

I hope that the spoiler above about Anna whacking Tina is true. I'm 99.9% against violence, but Tina deserves it - this is one of those occasions where I think it's fully justified. You do not mess with people's lives and family.

Can't help but think had Sally been in Anna's position, or anyone this forum likes - you'd all be behind the character saying exactly what Anna has just said.

What is Anna supposed to do? How about offering to be the surrogate herself in the first place. She could have spared her family (and Tina) all this anguish and saved Owen a lot of expense. She's young enough and in good health, has given birth before so could prepare herself for any emotions that may surface, has a a loving family to support her and would be assured of being able to have a relationship with the child afterwards. Instead Anna kicks off at Tina for being unable to go through with something she wasn't willing to do herself. She's such a hypocrite.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menime123 wrote: »
    Actually I kept watching the episode thinking "they aren't half as angry as they all should be". 80 or not, Rita can hold her own. What do we want, Anna and Rita to have a chat over a cup of tea about how upsetting it all is? Anna didn't say anything about Rita, and Rita - as Tina's self appointed nearest and dearest - got the earful abut how wicked Tina has been.

Personally I think some of you all need to put this into perspective - as a family they've spent thousands bringing a person into the world, opened their homes and lives to the surrogate, gave her a job, a home, gave her money, increased her working hours when one of her other jobs became unavailable, fed her, trusted and befriended her, the poor baby was 2 months premature, has already had an operation to save his life and on the day that they finally get to hold him, the surrogate turns around and says "Legally he's mine. I love him, I'm keeping him and you can't see him". Tina hasn't just messed with Izzy ad Gary - the whole family have been building up to this.

As for Anna, this is her first biological grandchild, and possibly the only child Gary and Izzy will have without adoption. She's watched Owen struggle financially and almost lose his business, knowing that had they not needed a surrogate, he'd have a bit of money to fall back on, in addition to lost rent from the flat the surrogate is living in (presumably rent free).

What is Anna supposed to do - sit around and pretend everything will be alright? At the end of the day, someone has turned around and said that they are taking the baby and there is absolutely nothing legally that can be done to stop it. How is Anna supposed to feel and act?

I hope that the spoiler above about Anna whacking Tina is true. I'm 99.9% against violence, but Tina deserves it - this is one of those occasions where I think it's fully justified. You do not mess with people's lives and family.

Can't help but think had Sally been in Anna's position, or anyone this forum likes - you'd all be behind the character saying exactly what Anna has just said.

BIB: You put a lovely gloss on this, but the truth is the Windasses have treated Tina like a piece of meat they've bought. Yes, she was willing to sell her womb space, but they seem to believe that they have bought her lock, stock and barrel. What they didn't reckon on is that there isn't enough money in the world to buy her emotions. And those are kicking in now.

The brilliance of this storyline is that no-one is 100% right or wrong; thoughtful viewers can see the story from both sides. Personally, I'm on Tina's side in this. And, legally, the baby is hers - no amount of screaming in the street can change that.

As for Anna screeching abuse at Rita, that was very realistic. In the absence of any other family, Rita is effectively Tina's stand-in Mum (or Granny). And in a Salford backstreet, a chav like Anna would have a go at Tina's "family", irrespective of age. As others have said, years ago Rita would have given as good as she got. But we've grown up watching Rita mellow. And she's probably wise enough now to realise that retaliating in kind would only inflame the situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    At least you get it :p:D

I'm in my late 40's but would NEVER speak to a woman of Rita's age like that. Apart from the fact that I'd think it was a completely unfair fight (and not being a bully I always like a fair fight) I'd be worried in case she got so upset she had a heart attack/stroke or similar :o (whether they like it or not older people's health is much more precarious). But ultimately I suppose it's my upbringing, respect your elders drummed into me etc.

There were ways of telling Rita what she thought about the situation without getting in her face and practically growling. But I suppose Anna isn't capable of that or she's too tied up in the emotions of the moment, knowing how devastated her cub Gary is going to be etc.

What I'd like (but what will never happen in a million years) is for Anna to acknowledge the fact that she went too far with an old but most of all INNOCENT woman and for her to save her bile for Tina and perhaps her apologist (because he wants to get back into her knickers) Tommy.

Great post Lotty. :)

That's exactly how I feel about it, regardless if the rights or wrongs of where the baby belongs. You just don't threaten an elderly woman, it's not a fair, reasonable thing to do given that you could potentially be damaging their health. I am sure we have all read in the papers of elders having strokes, heart attacks and even dying after altercations with younger people. It''s the shock that is dangerous.

Fair enough, have a go at Tina or Tommy, they are younger and can take it but not an 80 year old woman, no matter how much the older person has angered you.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is certainly causing an uproar with this s/l eh? Anna WIndass is a nasty piece of work. When they first came into the street they were just a bunch of low lifes, her, her hairy husband, thug son and thieving brother, rolling about laughing that they got a kitchen from Joe and then stuck him for the money, causing the start of his meltdown. When Fayes dad turned up she was all against Faye going to live with him, now, she doesn't seem to care what happens to Faye, she never even mentions her (less of Faye is good). This episode with her snarling in Rita's face just proves what a scummy chav she is still.

Owen is another nasty ratbag, his two spoilt daughters have never in their lives been told no, Katy wanted a baby, Ches told her they were too young, no money, no proper job, but she wanted a baby and wasn't satisfied until she got it, now she is bored with being a Mum and spends more time with woodentop Ryan, leaving Joseph with anyone who will have him. Izzie plays the poor me card and grizzles until she gets he own way she wants this baby and she wants it NOW.

Gary is a pathetic loser, nuff said.

I have never liked Tina, but I am with her in this s/l. I would not want a child of mine involved with this rabble.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izzy irritates the hell of out of me as well. There's no real reason why she couldn't have carried a child herself, is there?
  • haggy-mehaggy-me Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna and the rest of her vile family is why I have no sympathy for any of them. Who could possibly feel okay about handing a baby over to a bunch of bullies and simpletons?
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Just reading through this thread, you would think that Tina is such a holy girl. The windasses may not be the best of families but we've seen them grow from being complete thugs to watching their emotions unfold. The bottom line with this is that the contract was between three people with Owen paying for it. It was always going to end up in tears when you've got the chav Tina expecting to be grown up enough to see this deal through. She has paid total disregard to what she offered to do and that's what grates me. Some of you are excusing her behaviour and there are people like you out there, which is why things are allowed to happen, you know irresponsible behaviour because there's always someone there to say there there now it isn't you fault - sorry it is.
  • gamekeepersgalgamekeepersgal Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna has had a complete personality change since losing weight and getting with Owen. She started off a shy, drown trodden woman with a heart of gold, now she's hard hearted, vicious and think she's some kind of hard woman.

Bring back happy go lucky chubby Anna any day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izzy irritates the hell of out of me as well. There's no real reason why she couldn't have carried a child herself, is there?

I can't be sure on this but I think tne doctor said that she could have carried a child herself, there was a lightly higher risk of miscarriage and it could have made her feel poorly and exacerbated the symptoms of her medical condition.

Many women have tried and continued to try despite the odds being against them. Gary wanted Izzy to try for another, Owen was pretty much dead set against it and then Izzy decided to remain childless as she couldn't bear the pain and risk of losing another. It's just after that point that e surrogacy idea began to take shape.

Up pops Tina with a very conveniently skint boyfriend with a loan shark and psycho Kirsty on his back for money. Desperate and in denial about what she was getting into (I think Owen realised that and capitalised on it) she offered and now we are where we are at in the storyline.

As an aside, I wonder if the loan shark will suddenly reappear and start beating seven bells out of Tommy almost as soon as Tina gives the money back to Owen. It's been a bit quiet on that front and as far as I am aware, it's only Tyrone who got paid off, Tina needed all of the surrogacy money to get Tommy in the clear.

Of course, it was loan sharks and indirectly the Windass clan who are responsible for the hounding of Tina's dad Joe and his harebrained scheme that led to his death. All very intertwined.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading through this thread, you would think that Tina is such a holy girl. The windasses may not be the best of families but we've seen them grow from being complete thugs to watching their emotions unfold. The bottom line with this is that the contract was between three people with Owen paying for it. It was always going to end up in tears when you've got the chav Tina expecting to be grown up enough to see this deal through. She has paid total disregard to what she offered to do and that's what grates me. Some of you are excusing her behaviour and there are people like you out there, which is why things are allowed to happen, you know irresponsible behaviour because there's always someone there to say there there now it isn't you fault - sorry it is.

BIB But there is the problem. There was no contract. There never could be a contract because such contracts are illegal. It's not a question of excusing anyone's behaviour. The law is very clear. Until Tina signs the baby over, he is hers. Fault and blame don't come into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the record, as I started the thread, I have always said that the baby should be with the biological parents.

It's just that I can see where Tina is coming from emotionally, I hope that she will hand the child over eventually.

Having said that I still believe that. Anna was very, very wrong to act in the way she did to an 80 year old woman. She was quite menacing, threatening and nasty. It's just not right to do that someone almost twice your age, who could go into a state of shock and collapse.

She is a nasty piece of work for that act alone.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Tiggi wrote: »
    For the record, as I started the thread, I have always said that the baby should be with the biological parents.

It's just that I can see where Tina is coming from emotionally, I hope that she will hand the child over eventually.

Having said that I still believe that. Anna was very, very wrong to act in the way she did to an 80 year old woman. She was quite menacing, threatening and nasty. It's just not right to do that someone almost twice your age, who could go into a state of shock and collapse.

She is a nasty piece of work for that act alone.

it isn't about Anna though is it Tiggi? I do see parallels between Tina's and Katie's behaviour. Both of them have been entirely irresponsible when it comes to having babies, for different reasons.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna has becoming an interfering mere in recent months. As has Fizz. Both annoying me greatly.
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that's the aspect of this story that most annoys me. She wasn't told she couldn't carry her own baby, she was told there would be risks, but she gave up after one unplanned attempt at a pregnancy. Then cried a bit until Owen bought Tina's womb for her.
    Anna Windass is a nasty piece of work and always has been. Given her own issues with Faye and the arrival of Tim, surely she of all people would have at least tried to understand Tina's emotions? Faye isn't biologically her daughter yet she went off it when Tim turned up and Faye wanted to form a relationship with him, yet we're supposed to believe now that earth mother Anna can't understand Tina's feelings for a child she carried and delivered?
    I can't abide any of the characters involved but having seen how vicious Anna can be, how aggressive Owen is, how irrational Gary gets at times and how Izzy cries for her own way, I'm really starting to feel this poor baby is better off away from them.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's the aspect of this story that most annoys me. She wasn't told she couldn't carry her own baby, she was told there would be risks, but she gave up after one unplanned attempt at a pregnancy. Then cried a bit until Owen bought Tina's womb for her.
    Anna Windass is a nasty piece of work and always has been. Given her own issues with Faye and the arrival of Tim, surely she of all people would have at least tried to understand Tina's emotions? Faye isn't biologically her daughter yet she went off it when Tim turned up and Faye wanted to form a relationship with him, yet we're supposed to believe now that earth mother Anna can't understand Tina's feelings for a child she carried and delivered?
    I can't abide any of the characters involved but having seen how vicious Anna can be, how aggressive Owen is, how irrational Gary gets at times and how Izzy cries for her own way, I'm really starting to feel this poor baby is better off away from them.

That is actually a very good point re: Anna.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I understand the windasses hatred, however why does this gi e them a right to be rude to Rita.
    who cares if she knew Tina had doubts, she was being a free d and responsible adult towards Tina.
    The windasses attitude, anger and thug like behaviour just proves Tina is right not to want the baby to go to them.
    Why would a baby be safe in an anger (especially Owen) riddled family, that is disfunctional.
    E.g Owen and Anna's children are partners, yet together themselves, Owen needs anger management
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    That is actually a very good point re: Anna.

That's a very good point! Didn't think of it that way!
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »
    Nope, that happened after the confrontation on the street. Rita found out from Anna, then she stormed into the hospital and tackled Tina about it.

Yes, I remember now. Thanks.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB ^^^ This and being a granny should be tearing her apart.

I expect it's all knee-jerk reactions at the moment. Personally, I'm beginning to think neither Tina or the Windass/Arnstrongs are suitable!